Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: On The Eve Of Black Monday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
When The Jaguars fired Gene Smith, I knew it was time for the Jaguars to make a change. I think we all did honestly and we were happy to see him go. With Dave Caldwell, I dont think it will be as unanimous as it was with Gene. But theres comes a time when you have to take a step back and see the state of the franchise. We are almost in the same position we were in in 2012 than we are now. Almost identical records, same QB problem, same O line problem, same pass rush problem ( kinda). As a person that truly liked the Caldwell hire and thought he was going to improve this team, I cant help but question whether this guy has a short term plan to turn this thing around. 14-48 is tough to get around from, I guess whats holding him together is Bortles and his final year on his deal. 

So  my question is, what has this guy done to convince you he deserves another chance? Or, Should he be fired tomorrow? If a change is going to be made, it has to be tomorrow. We all want whats best for the team, Im just not so sure Dave is the answer anymore. 

I honestly have nothing that could defend him staying other than he's respected around the league and when he talks he's very honest. Idk what to think.... Just fed up of seeing a losing team
No on Dave. I think Marone blew his chance by blowing the 14 point half time lead and a 3 point lead with less than 2 minutes to go
The 3 most important positions in the organization are GM, head coach, and QB. We need top performers at all 3 positions to be successful. Dave, Gus, and Blake is a proven recipe for failure. We got rid of Gus. Next we need to get rid of Dave and bring in a GM and HC together on the same page instead of taking the half measure approach. The new GM needs to find a new QB by any means necessary and the new coach needs to develop him properly.

We will never reach greatness with Caldwell calling the shots and we most certainly won't be great with a dud like Bortles at QB.

#Draintheswamp
Dave has been awful. So awful you actually forget about some of his FA signings.
[Image: Malarkey-Muck-BFF-band-of-brothers-22462793-300-166.gif]

[Image: image.png?w=500&c=1]

He's not getting fired, sorry guys.
Toby Gerhart, lol
I don't know. I think they'll hire someone who's worse than him. I think he should stay. But if they do fire him, oh well.
I'd fire him, clean house, new coach, gm, qb
I personally dont want to see him fired. I also dont believe he will be, but I've been wrong before.

I'd be shocked. I also think we have a solid GM who was saddled with a bad coach--and I think that Caldwell being involved in the coaching search pretty strongly suggest that the only way he leaves is if he quits.

I don't see Dave getting let go on Monday. I believe he will get another shot at hiring a HC and hopefully the next one is a heckuva lot more successful then the last colossal failure.

Now if the 2nd HC he hires doesn't work out much better then the last one, we will have a new HC and GM in the next 4 years and we will be doing this all over again.

Quote:I'd be shocked. I also think we have a solid GM who was saddled with a bad coach--and I think that Caldwell being involved in the coaching search pretty strongly suggest that the only way he leaves is if he quits.
He hired that bad coach, your missing the point, thats not a coach he was saddled with, he saddled himself with Bradley. Thats his guy, thats his mess. 
You need to look at 2012 when we fired Gene Smith to 2016 with Dave Caldwell. And you have to ask yourself these questions. 

1. Is the QB play better? The answer is still to be seen

2. Is The O Line better? No, Id say that unit got worse under Caldwell

3. Is the Defense better? Probably, but by how much? We still have problems getting to the QB, though Yannick is showing great potential

4. Is our record better? No, not its not and its gotten worse 

I think Dave Caldwells future absolutely should be in jeopardy given that almost nothing has concretely gotten better under him. 

Quote:He hired that bad coach, your missing the point, thats not a coach he was saddled with, he saddled himself with Bradley. Thats his guy, thats his mess. 

Presumption on your part. Bradley was clearly Khan's guy the last 12 months, not so much Caldwell's.
Quote:You need to look at 2012 when we fired Gene Smith to 2016 with Dave Caldwell. And you have to ask yourself these questions.

3. Is the Defense better? Probably, but by how much? We still have problems getting to the QB, though Yannick is showing great potential

I think Dave Caldwells future absolutely should be in jeopardy given that almost nothing has concretely gotten better under him.

Come on...lol.
Quote:You need to look at 2012 when we fired Gene Smith to 2016 with Dave Caldwell. And you have to ask yourself these questions. 

1. Yes

2. Push

3. Yes

4. The problem with the record was released 2 weeks ago.

Caldwell is not in jeopardy, if Bradley got 4 years then DC gets at least a second coach.
Quote:Presumption on your part. Bradley was clearly Khan's guy the last 12 months, not so much Caldwell's.
I 100 percent disagree with this. Dave Caldwell hired this guy, that was his guy. There is zero way around that. Khan has had absolutely zero to do with the football operations till Khan fired him 2 weeks before the season ended. Its all presumption, both you and I but I fully disagree that that was Khans guy in any way shape or form. Khan literally waited too long to step in fix the mess that was Gus Bradley. He should of been fired after the disaster Thursday Night. 
Quote:I 100 percent disagree with this. Dave Caldwell hired this guy, that was his guy. There is zero way around that. Khan has had absolutely zero to do with the football operations till Khan fired him 2 weeks before the season ended. Its all presumption, both you and I but I fully disagree that that was Khans guy in any way shape or form. Khan literally waited too long to step in fix the mess that was Gus Bradley. He should of been fired after the disaster Thursday Night. 

I quoted Khan somewhere else from last year. He CLEARLY wanted Gus to stay on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7