Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If we moved on from Blake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
If we moved on from Blake, lets say the new coach doesnt like him and wants to move on trade or what ever

The only NFL QB that might be available I like is Tyrod Taylor, he completes over 60%, he doesnt turn the ball over like Blake, he also can make a lot of plays with his legs, he still has a high upside, and is also a good leader. 

He has also played 2 full years so you know that he isnt a one year or one game wonder.

I just dont like the other options 

Jimmy Garoppolo - who knows might be fools gold and will cost a lot in trade

Mike Glennon might be Brock Osweller 2.0 or Rob Johnson any of those guys

Tony Rome is old a fragile

I also dont want a rookie starting again

But would like to draft a QB somewhere between 2-7

But we most likely we wont hit on a Dak  

Tyrod Taylor would be the only guy i'll be comfortable with being named starter that could lead us to a division title next year if we moved on from Blake

Tyrod has been trash this year

Quote:Tyrod has been trash this year

Your not gonna get some great QB in FA or they wouldnt be there

But he hasnt been trash, he might not have been great you guys throw trash around way too much
Pass.

Quote:If we moved on from Blake, lets say the new coach doesnt like him and wants to move on trade or what ever

The only NFL QB that might be available I like is Tyrod Taylor, he completes over 60%, he doesnt turn the ball over like Blake, he also can make a lot of plays with his legs, he still has a high upside, and is also a good leader. 

He has also played 2 full years so you know that he isnt a one year or one game wonder.

I just dont like the other options 

Jimmy Garoppolo - who knows might be fools gold and will cost a lot in trade

Mike Glennon might be Brock Osweller 2.0 or Rob Johnson any of those guys

Tony Rome is old a fragile

I also dont want a rookie starting again

But would like to draft a QB somewhere between 2-7

But we most likely we wont hit on a Dak  

Tyrod Taylor would be the only guy i'll be comfortable with being named starter that could lead us to a division title next year if we moved on from Blake

Tyrod is an OK option.

Realistically this is why I have been saying that even if the new coach loves blake or wants to give him next year, if he doesnt turn it around we are in trouble. So its probably a good idea to draft a qb again this year anyway. 

If blake doesnt pan out, or gets hurt, or gets a better offer from another team after this season we are completely hosed with what QBs will be available. Most starting QBs arent even viable options and not a lot of those guys hit the open market.

I am hoping Mahomes slides in the draft because he is a raw prospect that could be a steal if he has time to learn how to play QB at the NFL level. 
Quote:Tyrod is an OK option.

Realistically this is why I have been saying that even if the new coach loves blake or wants to give him next year, if he doesnt turn it around we are in trouble. So its probably a good idea to draft a qb again this year anyway. 

If blake doesnt pan out, or gets hurt, or gets a better offer from another team after this season we are completely hosed with what QBs will be available. Most starting QBs arent even viable options and not a lot of those guys hit the open market.

I am hoping Mahomes slides in the draft because he is a raw prospect that could be a steal if he has time to learn how to play QB at the NFL level. 

Yea if we can run the ball and play defense like this year Taylor can pretty much play Garrard ball and we can make the playoffs

I hope Blake gets back to 2015 form but cut down the turn overs, then we can be very good

other then that there is nothing else out there
No thanks on Taylor.
Quote:Tyrod has been trash this year

47 TDs to 12 picks in two years.
Quote:Yea if we can run the ball and play defense like this year Taylor can pretty much play Garrard ball and we can make the playoffs

I hope Blake gets back to 2015 form but cut down the turn overs, then we can be very good

other then that there is nothing else out there

Agreed. Taylor actually takes care of the ball pretty well and has a good deep ball. We could do a lot worse than that.

In a perfect world Blake plays like he did last week and last year and with this defense and a competent coaching staff, we can go from being one of the worst teams in the nfl to one of the better teams in just one offseason. 
Given those options, I'd rather stick with Bortles.

Maybe the new coach will like Brandon Allen.

So long as he doesn't like Chad Henne...

Quote:47 TDs to 12 picks in two years.

But he sucks 
Quote:47 TDs to 12 picks in two years.

Yeah and 17-6 this year. He's basically Bridgewater this year.

He routinely misses deep passes this year and just hasn't been very consistent. Pretty much everyone I know in Buffalo is over him and wants to start Cardale. Sure he's better than EJ, but that's not saying much. With a running game as good as they have, he should be better.

Yes, he's better competition than Henne. But I still think I'd rather roll another year with Blake than switch to Tyrod.
Quote:Pass.

Intercepted.

Returned for a Touchdown.
Do we really want Garrard 2.0 on this roster.

Ideally I'd like to get a proven vet like Romo with Bortles and Allen working behind him for a year. When it's time for Romo, or whoever, to hang it up, we should have some stellar competition between Bortles and Allen. Don't sleep on Allen. Dude has a natural deep passing arm, and he just might be another is a long line of good, young qbs to come out in this past draft.

Quote:Yeah and 17-6 this year. He's basically Bridgewater this year.

He routinely misses deep passes this year and just hasn't been very consistent. Pretty much everyone I know in Buffalo is over him and wants to start Cardale. Sure he's better than EJ, but that's not saying much. With a running game as good as they have, he should be better.

Yes, he's better competition than Henne. But I still think I'd rather roll another year with Blake than switch to Tyrod.

The point the thread was if the coach didnt want Blake, Taylor would be the best option, I rather stick with Blake too, but we have people who are clamoring for Jimmy Garoppolo and Glennon, when they havent done anything yet.
Quote:Do we really want Garrard 2.0 on this roster.

Ideally I'd like to get a proven vet like Romo with Bortles and Allen working behind him for a year. When it's time for Romo, or whoever, to hang it up, we should have some stellar competition between Bortles and Allen. Don't sleep on Allen. Dude has a natural deep passing arm, and he just might be another is a long line of good, young qbs to come out in this past draft.
Romo is washed up, he couldnt even make it out of the preseason without getting hurt.

Anyways I dont think Romo will come here, he will go to Denver or Minn (If Teddy isnt ready) teams he feel are just a QB away, even tho I think we can be better then those teams next year
Why would Taylor be available now?
Quote:Romo is washed up, he couldnt even make it out of the preseason without getting hurt.

Anyways I dont think Romo will come here, he will go to Denver or Minn (If Teddy isnt ready) teams he feel are just a QB away, even tho I think we can be better then those teams next year

Chances are Romo will go to the highest bidder, and if he does come here and get hurt mid-season, at least we'll have options behind him by keeping Blake around.

Quote:The point the thread was if the coach didnt want Blake, Taylor would be the best option, I rather stick with Blake too, but we have people who are clamoring for Jimmy Garoppolo and Glennon, when they havent done anything yet.

I think Glennon woulf be a better upside option than Taylor.

But, I just am not a Taylor fan.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6