Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars OTAs news and notes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544821/ryan-ohalloran/2014-05-27/jaguars-complete-first-ota?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+jacksonville%2FksHE+%28Jacksonville+Jaguars+%2B+Jaguars+News+-+Jacksonville.com+and+The+Florida+Times-Union%29'>http://m.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544821/ryan-ohalloran/2014-05-27/jaguars-complete-first-ota?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+jacksonville%2FksHE+%28Jacksonville+Jaguars+%2B+Jaguars+News+-+Jacksonville.com+and+The+Florida+Times-Union%29</a>

Quote:*Not practicing were tight end Marcel Jensen (groin), linebacker Dekoda Watson (groin), receiver Lamaar Thomas (back), cornerback Aaron Colvin (knee) and safety Josh Evans (foot).

Colvin won’t be ready until mid-season (at the earliest), Thomas was labeled day to day by coach Gus Bradley and Evans’ foot surgery to remove a bone spur should have him ready for training camp.

*The only player not present was defensive end Chris Clemons. The Jaguars think he’ll be back Wednesday after attending to a family issue. Bradley didn’t express disappointment because the sessions are voluntary, but also added that 89 of the 90 players were present.

*After practice, linebacker Telvin Smith signed his rookie contract, a four-year deal worth $2,431,052. A fifth-round pick earlier this month, Smith will receive a $211,052 signing bonus and count $472,763 on this year’s salary cap.

*Quarterback Chad Henne worked with the 1s and Blake Bortles was exclusively with the second unit offensive line.

*Defensive coordinator Bob Babich talked about it on the radio last week, but the “Otto” linebacker made its debut for the media to see. Watson will have first shot at playing the position, which is designed to be stout against the run and also rush the passer on third down. LaRoy Reynolds, the back-up middle linebacker last year, has moved to the Otto spot.

*Running back Denard Robinson had a nice day – no drops in the passing game.

*At the end of practice, Bradley introduced a period of work for just rookies and other younger players as a way to get Bortles in particular (but others) more snaps. The veterans watched from behind the play.

*Offensive tackle Sam Young and defensive end Red Bryant pushed and shoved each other during an 11-on-11 snap.

*Cornerback Jeremy Harris (back) practiced for the first time since last training camp.

*Defensive tackle Roy Miller (shoulder) is working his way back from surgery and took some snaps, but he’s in management mode right now. He expects to be full go by training camp.

Camp dates as follows:

Organized team activities: May 27-29, June 2-3, June 5, June 9-10, June 12-13

Mandatory minicamp: June 17-19.
I really feel like Denard is gonna have a good year
Quote:I really feel like Denard is gonna have a good year

I think him and Todman are battling for 1 roster spot.
Quote:I think him and Todman are battling for 1 roster spot.

Depends on Storm IMO.
Quote:Depends on Storm IMO.

How so? 
Quote:I think him and Todman are battling for 1 roster spot.

Robinson's upside trumps Todman's...

A "No Brainer" is in effect...

NH3...
Quote:Robinson's upside trumps Todman's...

A "No Brainer" is in effect... Exactly unless he has a terrible preseason but according to Bradley's presser he's put on weight and improved his hands.

NH3...

A "No Brainer" is in effect... Exactly unless he has a terrible preseason but according to Bradley's presser he's put on weight and improved his hands.

NH3...

NH3...
Quote: 

Robinson's upside trumps Todman's...

A "No Brainer" is in effect...

Upside doesn't mean anything if he never reaches it. Toddman was leagues better than Robinson last season. If Dennard didn't have a cult following coming into the team, there is no one who would think he was making this roster, based solely on what we saw last season.

I couldn't agree more

Quote:Upside doesn't mean anything if he never reaches it. Toddman was leagues better than Robinson last season. If Dennard didn't have a cult following coming into the team, there is no one who would think he was making this roster, based solely on what we saw last season.

If we were talking about a starting spot then possibly but this is maybe the 3rd-4th rb spot. In that situation I think potential would trump production.
Henne looking sharp
Quote:Henne looking sharp
thats good to hear
Quote:thats good to hear
come back player of the year.....no not really but I could see him having his best season.
Chad Henne will benefit from the improved oline, running game, and receivers.  Henne is going to surprise a ton of people.

Quote:Chad Henne will benefit from the improved oline, running game, and receivers.  Henne is going to surprise a ton of people.

oh for Gods sake.... smh....
Quote:oh for Gods sake.... smh....

It's very possible for Henne to play better than he has. This team hasn't been full of talent. I could see him breaking 3800-4000 yards if healthy and in the 24-30 td range. Solid numbers
The WR completition is going to be interesting to watch.  Robinson, Lee, and Shorts are sure things.  Sanders is pretty close to a sure thing, leaving Doss and Brown the likely candidates competing for the last 5th spot.  It would not surprise me to see Caldwell trade someone for a future draft pick as we get closer to camp.   

Quote:oh for Gods sake.... smh....

Isn't that what happened for Kitna when the Bengals chose to sit Palmer?
Quote:It's very possible for Henne to play better than he has. This team hasn't been full of talent. I could see him breaking 3800-4000 yards if healthy and in the 24-30 td range. Solid numbers

Quote:Isn't that what happened for Kitna when the Bengals chose to sit Palmer?

Gimme some of what you 2 are drinkin'.....I wanna get LOADED too!!!
Quote:Henne looking sharp
[Image: a47bdc024f341d11b1b8f68b7b99f320.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16