Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tough Cuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
This looks like the first offseason in a long time where we will lose some good players due to final cuts.

This isnt really a final roster prediction thread, just a look at some of our stronger position groups. I would consider CB/ LEO/ WR/ RB/ LB to be the key battles to watch. And I also have an eye on the light DT/ heavy DE hybrids our scheme uses.

There may not be any all pros in these groups, but I see several young developmental players and special teams contributors on the verge of falling off the roster.

Who do you think (or hope) makes it through?

I will be pulling for:

Ryan Davis and/or Andre Branch to take Babin's spot

Laroy Reynolds

Mike Harris and Demetrius McCray

Mike Brown

Jordan Todman

I am also assuming that our draft picks and key FAs make the team this year, so they are not listed.
Unfortunately one of those decent, young, inexpensive players will get cut and yet that stiff, Marcedes and his giant contract will remain....sad. 

Let the best man win.  Young or old, the player who is performing the best should play. Period

Quote:Unfortunately one of those decent, young, inexpensive players will get cut and yet that stiff, Marcedes and his giant contract will remain....sad.

Your Lewis obsession continues.

What you are saying makes zero sense.
Quote:Unfortunately one of those decent, young, inexpensive players will get cut and yet that stiff, Marcedes and his giant contract will remain....sad.
He's better than any other TE we have, makes zero sense to cut our best TE, especially when he can contribute to the team.
Babin could be on the cut list if chris smith performs well
I'm looking forward to seeing Jeremy Harris fight for a roster spot this year. He was hurt early in TC last year IIRC and we didn't get to see much of him. 6'2 and was drafted ahead of McCray.
I want to see how Todman responds. He had a 100 yard game and played well. 

Todman and Robinson really are the ones to watch for me. Todman was solid and showed promise but he may be the odd man out so it'll be interesting to see how he responds. Same with Robinson.

Also the Leo battle. I think Ryan Davis is the odd man out here but it'll be interesting to see if he can put together a strong mini camp.
Barring injury or Storm Johnson completely falling on his face, I think Todman only makes it if they keep 4 running backs.

Whatever. 'Cedes was a huge part of the offense down the stretch last year and Fisch FINALLY made a concerted effort to get him involved. It took us 4 or 5 offensive coordinators to figure it out.
Quote:Todman and Robinson really are the ones to watch for me. Todman was solid and showed promise but he may be the odd man out so it'll be interesting to see how he responds. Same with Robinson.

Also the Leo battle. I think Ryan Davis is the odd man out here but it'll be interesting to see if he can put together a strong mini camp.

From what the coaches have said this offseason, it looks like Robinson it here to stay. It will be really tough for Todman to make the roster unless we decide to keep four RB's. Unfortunately I think Davis' days here are numbered.
How can you keep bashing Marcedes if he's not here to defend himself? [/sarcasm]

At least attempt to make sense. Lewis' presence on this roster will have no bearing on who makes it at the LEO spot or as the fifth cornerback.

But you already knew that.
Quote:From what the coaches have said this offseason, it looks like Robinson it here to stay. It will be really tough for Todman to make the roster unless we decide to keep four RB's. Unfortunately I think Davis' days here are numbered.

If Robinson reaches his potential, Todman will probably be the odd man out. We have seen flashes but I don't know if he will make enough progress to lock up a roster spot
I could actually see Lewis getting cut.. While he's playing better hes not playing close to what his contract dictates.
Bortles Lee and Robinson
As much as I agree that Lewis is ridiculously overrated, there is no one on the roster that is close to pushing him for his spot.
Quote:I could actually see Lewis getting cut.. While he's playing better hes not playing close to what his contract dictates.

We're not close to hitting the salary cap, so cutting him to save money would be foolish with no adequate replacement.
Quote:As much as I agree that Lewis is ridiculously overrated, there is no one on the roster that is close to pushing him for his spot.
I was hoping we could find a gem in udfa but we will see.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7