Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Its Official, the Jags draft is done. Give our Front Office a hand! Best Jags draft (at this point) in team history
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Nice job guys!!!

That was beautiful. It was reminiscent of the sort of quality drafts that Jimmy Johnson and Buddy Ryan had in the late 80's early 1990's. 

Only one pick that I disagree with and thought was bad value and that was the Center, I thought Tyler Larsen would have made more sense and better value for the position. But when we are talking only one pick that I question out of 9....we can sweep that one under the rug. 

This Jags draft is loaded with value picks, as well as chocked full of players that I believe will be impact starters, not just role guys.  

Here's the recap:

1. QB Blake Bortles

2. WR Marqise Lee

2. WR Allen Robinson

3. OG Brandon Linder

4. CB Aaron Colvin

5. LB Telvin Smith

5. DE Chris Smith

6. C Luke Bowanko

7. RB Storm Johnson 

My grade: A+

I give it a grade of A+. They got both depth and talented players. Guys like Allen Robinson and Telvin Smith will be great leaders as well as players. Bortles will have time to prepare for his days in the spotlight. Excellent draft by the staff.

My two favorite college players the past two years in Blake and Storm, 2 electrifying receivers, much needed Oline help and some potential contributors at 3 positions of need on defense? A++

Quote:Nice job guys!!!

That was beautiful. It was reminiscent of the sort of quality drafts that Jimmy JOhnson and Buddy Ryan had in the late 80's early 1990's. 

Only one pick that I disagreed with and thought was bad value and that was the Center, I thought Tyler Larsen would have made more sense and better value for the position. 

Here's the recap:

1. QB Blake Bortles

2. WR Marqise Lee

2. WR Allen Robinson

3. OG Brandon Linder

4. CB Aaron Colvin

5. LB Telvin Smith

5. DE Chris Smith

6. C Luke Bowanko

7. RB Storm Johnson 

Agreed completely!

I am officially stoked.

I think by the end of the season, there will be little doubt our Jaguars are on the rise.
Best     Draft     Ever.

A+

Wow im glad i bought 2 season tix this year and moved closer!!!!! I see the stadium everyday driving and i just cant wait for jags football
It's not ovet yet. When do udfa signings pour in???
Quote:Agreed completely!

I am officially stoked.

I think by the end of the season, there will be little doubt our Jaguars are on the rise.

This is the sort of draft that Championship teams look back on and see the genesis. 
I think somebody hijacked TMD's account since Thursday.

Just kidding. Good post. Completely agree.
Dave Caldwell is a rockstar.  Showing me the importance of having the right guy running your operations. Wow.  These last two drafts have been awesome.

Quote:It's not ovet yet. When do udfa signings pour in???
should be right after the draft
I was somewhat disappointed we didn't pick up Seastrunk...

...Until by some miracle we picked up Storm Johnson in the 7th round. Rashad Jennings levels of steal right there.

Quote:I think somebody hijacked TMD's account since Thursday.

Yeah. I've been pretty hard on him as of late, so it's nice to give him a pat on the back. Smile
Quote:This is the sort of draft that Championship teams look back on and see the genesis.

This has been a long time coming. Too long. I can't wait to see these guys in Duuuvaaalllll!!!
We shall see. I'm going to temper my expectations but as of right now it looks great. Obviously not all these guys will start but I feel like they could all make an impact.
JAY-AYE-GEE-YOU-AYE-ARE -ESS

JAGUARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:I think somebody hijacked TMD's account since Thursday.

Hey, I've maintained forever, when this team gives me a reason to be positive I'll have no problem showing it in my posting. 

I think you don't understand how LONG its been since I've really had reason to be this positive about this team. 

But anyway, lets keep this about the people who deserve the props!!! Great job Jags!!!!!
Looking forward to the UDFA too!!

Quote:Nice job guys!!!

That was beautiful. It was reminiscent of the sort of quality drafts that Jimmy Johnson and Buddy Ryan had in the late 80's early 1990's. 

Only one pick that I disagree with and thought was bad value and that was the Center, I thought Tyler Larsen would have made more sense and better value for the position. But when we are talking only one pick that I question out of 9....we can sweep that one under the rug. 

This Jags draft is loaded with value picks, as well as chocked full players that I believe will be impact starters, not just role guys.  

Here's the recap:

1. QB Blake Bortles

2. WR Marqise Lee

2. WR Allen Robinson

3. OG Brandon Linder

4. CB Aaron Colvin

5. LB Telvin Smith

5. DE Chris Smith

6. C Luke Bowanko

7. RB Storm Johnson 

way things are going larsen may get picked up as a udfa

unlikey but he hasn't gone yet.

on face value I am very happy with this draft but this draft will be remembered on how bortles does

fingers crossed and for now I'm just enjoying the buzz i got off storm johnson in the 7th

the guy stood out everytime I watched him
I liked last year's draft, but this year's is definitely pretty good.  Better than any of Gene's drafts that's for sure.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8