Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Not that anyone cares, but my opinion on the pick...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'm sure most of you will not be shocked to know that i DISLIKE the pick.. and for multiple reasons.

The farther this process went, the further QB's were slipping.

Bortles is absolutely ZERO of a lock to be better than a guys like Bridgewater.

For all the people hating on Teddy for his handsize, are you ready for this?  Bortles has 1/8 of an inch bigger hands.. 1/8 people...

there were absolute stud locks avialable at 3 with watkins and mack available.

We could have taken a stud like watkins, and then traded up to pick 32 for Teddy, or get a guy like Garropolo in the 2nd.. a guy who probably isn't that much behind bortles.

It just seems like another year gone by, another questionable decision by this team's braintrust... Doesnt matter who is in charge, nothing seems to change.

Now they are saying he isnt ready to start?

so this is supposed to be our franchise QB, yet isn't ready to come in and start on a 4-12 football team lead by Chad Henne?

So basically, You are telling me I have to watch this upcoming season as if we didn't even have a 3rd overall pick at all...

HOW AWESOME!

I know most will pull the "trust in the GM" stuff.. but seriously... no one on this team has proven anything

Do you guys realize that last TRUE STUD this team has drafted was MJD?? how many years ago was that? 7 years ago?  roughly?

7 drafts and 1 true stud, and how many times have we drafted in the top 10 since then?  almost every time?

I mean obviously me and everyone else not liking this pick will have to eat our words if he becomes a franchise QB, which I hope he does... obviously, because we desperately need one

but this just seems like a complete 50/50 gamble ONCE AGAIN... instead of drafting a true guaranteed(or as close to it as it gets) stud and getting a gamble at QB in round 2 that is no more of a gamble than this guy

This team is going to win 5 or 6 games again next year smh...

Your tears are delicious. I'll return after our second pick to refill my glass, sir.

5* thread

Drafting ANY of the top QBs in this draft is a 50/50 gamble. 

Even the guys you've labeled "guaranteed studs" are anything but guaranteed. 

If you have an opportunity to draft a guy you feel is your future franchise QB, you draft your QB.  It's the most important position on any NFL roster.  This draft is deep enough in talent that we're going to get plenty of good players to help this team. 

As bad as this roster was when Caldwell took over, if we get 5-7 wins this year, we're headed in the right direction.  We may even surprise a few folks and nudge .500.  Is that a bad thing?  I don't think anyone expected this team to suddenly become a 10 win team in 2014. 

I would have loved the Vikings draft (Barr and Teddy) but I will give Bortles a chance since Caldwell seems to like him so much.

I agree with you actually but my pitchfork is currently in the rack.  Hopefully we won't need it in a few years and I can get on with fandom and see some success on the field.  Really the first round didn't go like I thought it would.  Teams really do lock in on their guy and try to make sight adjustments up and down.

There is a real possibility that Cleveland was going to take Bortles at 4.  I sure would have liked the Buffalo deal but we already burned them once with the Rob Johnson trade Big Grin  Those were the good days.

"Do you guys realize that last TRUE STUD this team has drafted was MJD??"

You mean the one who was passed up by 32 teams in the first round...That MJD?

Quote:Drafting ANY of the top QBs in this draft is a 50/50 gamble. 

Even the guys you've labeled "guaranteed studs" are anything but guaranteed. 

If you have an opportunity to draft a guy you feel is your future franchise QB, you draft your QB.  It's the most important position on any NFL roster.  This draft is deep enough in talent that we're going to get plenty of good players to help this team. 

As bad as this roster was when Caldwell took over, if we get 5-7 wins this year, we're headed in the right direction.  We may even surprise a few folks and nudge .500.  Is that a bad thing?  I don't think anyone expected this team to suddenly become a 10 win team in 2014. 

Well I appreciate your ability to respond without degrading me or using some of the usual things people have already used in here..

And I agree QB is definitely the most important position.  But your first sentence kind of harped on my point.. none of the QB's in the draft are anything more than 50/50.. so why take one at 3rd overall?

obviously no one is truly guaranteed, but can anyone legit argue with me that Watkins or Mack dont have a much higher chance at being impact guys in this league?  Let alone right away?

and that's what this team truly needs... IMPACT guys, and guys who can do that now.  They can not continue to miss on picks, and this pick is one of those could be could not be guys..

and we just CANT afford that again.
Quote:"Do you guys realize that last TRUE STUD this team has drafted was MJD??"

You mean the one who was passed up by 32 teams in the first round...That MJD?

what does that have to do with anything?

the fact is the last true stud this team drafted ,regardless of round, was MJD

thats 1 player in like the last 7 drafts that we have been picking in the top 10 in...

that is AWFUL, beyond words awful
Are you a duller version of TMD or Jungle Cat? Never heard of you yet you open the thread like you're Mel Kipper or something.
Quote:I agree with you actually but my pitchfork is currently in the rack.  Hopefully we won't need it in a few years and I can get on with fandom and see some success on the field.  Really the first round didn't go like I thought it would.  Teams really do lock in on their guy and try to make sight adjustments up and down.

There is a real possibility that Cleveland was going to take Bortles at 4.  I sure would have liked the Buffalo deal but we already burned them once with the Rob Johnson trade Big Grin  Those were the good days.

And I would feel so much better if we let Cleveland be the team to put a 3 year risk out on Bortles while we are sitting on Watkins and draft Bridgewater late first or Garropolo in round 2..

do like the bengals did a couple years ago and get a super stud WR and a solid QB to pair him up with.. and bam, multiple playoffs in a row for them
Quote:Are you a duller version of TMD or Jungle Cat? Never heard of you yet you open the thread like you're Mel Kipper or something.

you must be relatively new here....
Quote:you must be relatively new here....

2 years posting and I've honestly never heard of you. What are you known for? Another message board GM? A glass half full guy? Do tell.
Quote:what does that have to do with anything?

the fact is the last true stud this team drafted ,regardless of round, was MJD

thats 1 player in like the last 7 drafts that we have been picking in the top 10 in...

that is AWFUL, beyond words awful

Yeah I was watching the ESPN draft show and their graphics for our years of ineptitude was disappointing.  2008-2013 Only team to draft in the top 10 every year.  And we have what to show for that?
I will begin to feel better about this draft if we come away with Matthews, Lee, or Latimer with the 2nd pick

Quote:2 years posting and I've honestly never heard of you. What are you known for? Another message board GM? A glass half full guy? Do tell.

Let's just say, everyone needs a bad guy.. I'm this board's bad guy lol.. or have been in the past

After years of being a complete teal kool aid guy, I have become so jaded with all the crap this team has put out, that I now question everything and do not give them the benefit of the doubt anymore until they prove they deserve it.

I used to be much more childish/immature about it, now, I feel I am much more calm/mature about how I lay it out, but my view point still hasnt changed much.

I like both our GM and coach when hired, but still do not know that we are truly making the best draft picks
Quote:Let's just say, everyone needs a bad guy.. I'm this board's bad guy lol.. or have been in the past

After years of being a complete teal kool aid guy, I have become so jaded with all the crap this team has put out, that I now question everything and do not give them the benefit of the doubt anymore until they prove they deserve it.

I used to be much more childish/immature about it, now, I feel I am much more calm/mature about how I lay it out, but my view point still hasnt changed much.

I like both our GM and coach when hired, but still do not know that we are truly making the best draft picks
So you're TMD mk. 2? Or is he you mk. 2?
Quote:2 years posting and I've honestly never heard of you. What are you known for? Another message board GM? A glass half full guy? Do tell.

He's known for epic meltdowns and having a low IQ.
Quote:Yeah I was watching the ESPN draft show and their graphics for our years of ineptitude was disappointing.  2008-2013 Only team to draft in the top 10 every year.  And we have what to show for that?

and last year's draft was what worried me for things to come with this GM.. drafting a LT at 2nd overall pick when we had a LT, and then trading that current LT for peanuts...

so basically the 2nd overall pick was used on a guy that wasnt going to come in and help the team and immediately make us better, it was just to replace a guy we didnt want to pay despite having tons of money

and now this year so far, again, nothing that makes us better anytime soon
Twas a good pick.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5