Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars to land someone quickly in FA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...-to-unfoldThe Florida Times-Union's Ryan O'Halloran surmises that the Jaguars will land someone pretty quickly and then stand back, let the market stabilize and prices go down, and then make several more moves. Offensive line and nearly every spot on defense will be targeted, O'Halloran theorizes.

Ryan O also has Zane Beadles down as the number one guy.

Sick

Quote:Ryan O also has Zane Beadles down as the number one guy.

Sick
God I hope not.
I think it would be really stupid to have Zane Beadles as the number one target....all of the blockers for Peyton Manning are going to appear better than they are due to how quickly he gets rid of the ball. Beadles is fools gold, IMO. 

I'd much rather target Mack and/ or Asomoah who have done well despite bad QB situations. 
Quote:God I hope not.

Yea Zane Beadles struggled a little last year, however he was really good in 2012 and is solid in pass protection, he'd be an upgrade on our offensive line. The Jaguars were interested in Tyler Polumbus last year, much to the chagrin of some on this board, as it turns out Tyler Polumbus is a really good right tackle, at the end of day just trust the process, I'm confident DC will get it right.
Quote:I think it would be really stupid to have Zane Beadles as the number one target....all of the blockers for Peyton Manning are going to appear better than they are due to how quickly he gets rid of the ball. Beadles is fools gold, IMO. 

I'd much rather target Mack and/ or Asomoah who have done well despite bad QB situations. 

For gods sake man no one knows if he's their number one target, it's all speculation.
Quote:I think it would be really stupid to have Zane Beadles as the number one target....all of the blockers for Peyton Manning are going to appear better than they are due to how quickly he gets rid of the ball. Beadles is fools gold, IMO. 

It is just one man's opinion. I don't have any reason to believe O'Halloran is privy to the team's actual targets.
i think it sounds realistic

i think we will sign one of the top tier fa's and then fill the rest with whatever falls

i would like to see us sign at least one member of our interior o line today but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't

Isn't FA today?
Quote:Isn't FA today?

4:00 PM EST
If we don't pick some O linemen during free agency we'll be in for another long season.
Quote:If we don't pick some O linemen during free agency we'll be in for another long season.
This. We have no center and no guards.
I was hoping for Bennett but realized Seatlle sealed the deal with him.Geoff Schwartz or Jon Asamoah, OG, from KC might be a guy they go for?

Alex Mack, tho Browns can match it but Jaguars are gonna give him a big contract 

Has to be an interior lineman unless they think they can put together a group of guys in FA and the draft for cheap.  Seems like a talented vet on the O-line would make the biggest impact.

Quote:Alex Mack, tho Browns can match it but Jaguars are gonna give him a big contract

+1 this is a move I think is a real possibility. Get er done
I'm encouraged by the deal asomoah got. 4.5 mil per I'd be happy to pay that for 2 starting guards.
PLEASE Alex Mack! He's too good to waste away in Cleveland.

Quote:PLEASE Alex Mack! He's too good to waste away in Cleveland.
Gusjuice for everyone
Quote:PLEASE Alex Mack! He's too good to waste away in Cleveland.
They put the tag on him so no dice
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18