Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Red Bryant Signs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
It's a four year deal for DT Red Bryant and #Jaguars - via O'Halloran

Any details on deal?

If nothing else, we have more depth and versatility on the line.  We also have stoutness against the run, and a guy who has been in a championship locker room.

Welcome to the Jaguars, Red.

No, just thats its for 4 years so far.

29 years old, I like the signing if the salary is reasonable. Anxious to see how much we gave him.

Cant complain. We just got better.
Quote:29 years old, I like the signing if the salary is reasonable. Anxious to see how much we gave him.

Technically 30, because next month he will be 30. 

I am not mad about this at all. Guy know hows to play that Elephant position very well.
Hes an upgrade at the starting 5 tech, he allows AluAlu to be just a depth player, which is what he really is. Also versatile enough to play on the interior too.

I have no clue what the numbers could be I would guess maybe 15 M total with 7 guaranteed. That way we could cut him cheaply after 2 years if needed.

Seems like a solid move, we'll see once the numbers come out. From how quick it happened I would imagine Red likes Gus and wants to come play for him.
Quote:Cant complain. We just got better.
This. He's better then anyone on are DLine.
Quote:Technically 30, because next month he will be 30. 

I am not mad about this at all. Guy know hows to play that Elephant position very well.
If he plays all 4 years here, We have him until he's 34. Hopefully his prime. 
Quote:Technically 30, because next month he will be 30. 

A little older than I'd like, but a good fit.

Is his position called the elephant in our defense?

I thought the "elephant" was another name for the LEO.

Quote:I don't think he would be the elephant in the defense.

Our defense is a variant of the 49ers defense of the 1980s.  The "elephant" in those defenses is the equivalent of the "LEO" in our defense.

The "Elephant" in our hybrid Defense is considered the 2 gap DE....

But yes you are right the term originates from the 49ers defense and the edge rusher changed to LEO

Quote:Hes an upgrade at the starting 5 tech, he allows AluAlu to be just a depth player, which is what he really is. Also versatile enough to play on the interior too.

I have no clue what the numbers could be I would guess maybe 15 M total with 7 guaranteed. That way we could cut him cheaply after 2 years if needed.

Interesting, we're on the same page on money per year, but I think four years is too much. 

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top.../?p=145687

Quote:If he plays all 4 years here, We have him until he's 34. Hopefully his prime. 

lolz...."prime"?....

Most NFL players are past their "prime" by 30.  

I like it! 

Red Bryant got his ring now will he chase the money?

I hope the Jaguars signed him to a reasonable deal.

Quote:Interesting, we're on the same page on money per year, but I think four years is too much. 

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top.../?p=145687

lolz...."prime"?....

Most players are past their "prime" by 30.  

3/4 years doesnt really matter. The guaranteed money will be up after year 2 so we can cut him for nothing if needed.
I am not doing back flips over the signing but I'll take him. Our defensive line was atrocious last year and needs all the help it can get.

Now get Michael Johnson or Everson Griffen and things get interesting.

Quote:The "Elephant" in our hybrid Defense is considered the 2 gap DE....
If so, then I stand corrected, but I had always heard LEO and elephant described the same guy.

I know Bryant would be that strong side DE, just didn't think he's called the elephant in the scheme.

Oh well.  Either way, I look forward to a stronger run defense.
Quote:I am not doing back flips over the signing but I'll take him. Our defensive line was atrocious last year and needs all the help it can get.

Now get Michael Johnson or Everson Griffen and things get interesting.

I am gunning for MJ as well but he is a bit of an enigma.

Played well but his statistics didn't account for it.

Will he still get a blockbuster deal? I am inclined to say not so fast although I would be extremely happy with him being a Jaguar come 2014.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10