Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Talks Could Start Soon Between Jags, Henne
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
From Mike DiRocco ESPN Jacksonville Jaguars reporter:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_...jags-henne
That's good to hear.  He is a solid backup and could start the first few games of the season if needed after we draft our new QB.

Quote:The Jaguars are likely going to take a quarterback at some point in the upcoming draft -- it’s looking more and more like it won’t be at No. 3, though

Hopefully Texans take a QB and Rams take Matthews or Watkins and I would be more than happy if we don't take a QB at 3 and take Clowney

In the article, DiRocco seems to think that it's looking more and more like we won't be drafting a QB at #3. Clowney perhaps? Barr? Watson? I think we may trade down given the opportunity.
Quote:In the article, DiRocco seems to think that it's looking more and more like we won't be drafting a QB at #3.

Sounds like an empty statement from DiRocco.
Quote: Hopefully Texans take a QB and Rams take Matthews or Watkins and I would be more than happy if we don't take a QB at 3 and take Clowney

You smoking the blue stuff?
Quote:You smoking the blue stuff?
you saying Clowney wont be there at 3?
Henne is awful, even as a backup. Half his stats came late in the game after the contest had already been decided. His only value to this team is that he is better than Gabbert. That's not a ringing endorsement. I hope they review enough tape to see every batted ball, buckle under pressure, throw in the dirt and three-and-out. Enough to steer them away from re-signing him. I have seen enough of him, just like the Dolphins who burned a 2nd round pick on him and let him walk. He has peaked. And it is unimpressive.
Quote:Sounds like an empty statement from DiRocco.

Why is it empty if they re-sign Henne? They might see some promise in one of the Senior Bowl QBs. So, they may be able to trade back or take BAP at #3.
Quote:Why is it empty if they re-sign Henne? They might see some promise in one of the Senior Bowl QBs. So, they may be able to trade back or take BAP at #3.
because he wants Teddy so its an empty statement
Quote:Henne is awful, even as a backup. Half his stats came late in the game after the contest had already been decided. His only value to this team is that he is better than Gabbert. That's not a ringing endorsement. I hope they review enough tape to see every batted ball, buckle under pressure, throw in the dirt and three-and-out. Enough to steer them away from re-signing him. I have seen enough of him, just like the Dolphins who burned a 2nd round pick on him and let him walk. He has peaked. And it is unimpressive.

I saw improvement. He exceeded my expectations considering he had no weapons and substandard protection.
Quote:I saw improvement. He exceeded my expectations considering he had no weapons and substandard protection.
Gabbert is under contract. He can hand the ball off and throw for a first down. Henne can, too.

I wonder if quarterback is a push?
Puke.
Quote:Gabbert is under contract. He can hand the ball off and throw for a first down. Henne can, too.

Gabbert can throw for a first down? I must of missed it
Quote:Gabbert is under contract. He can hand the ball off and throw for a first down. Henne can, too.

It took Gabbert three starts to get it past the 50 yrd line.
If we re-sign Henne......is Gabbert a goner? I can't see them keeping both.
Quote:It took Gabbert three starts to get it past the 50 yrd line.

Lol,,,,, so true.
Quote:If we re-sign Henne......is Gabbert a goner? I can't see them keeping both.

I think so.   If we re-sign Henne, Gabbert will be released right after we draft another QB.   We'll go with Henne, a draft pick, and someone for the practice squad.  No room for Gabbert in that scenario. 
Quote:you saying Clowney wont be there at 3?

I'm saying if given the opportunity the draft either Teddy or Clowney, I'd choose Teddy everytime with the Jaguars current circumstances in mind.
I agree that if we re-sign Henne, Gabbert is pretty much gone.  I know some people who say they saw improvement in Henne over the season.  I feel the team around him got better, but his play didn't get significantly better.  Caldwell says he looks for anticipation, decision making and accuracy in a QB.  None of these, to me, is a particular area of strength for Henne.  He finished with 13 TDs and 14 INTs.  That's pedestrian.  I'm sorry.  And I cannot ignore the fact that he disappeared for long stretches in pretty much every game.  I think he is an average backup and a sub-par starter.  Just my opinion. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8