Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jag Season ticket fan forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Tonight was the first fan forum for season ticket holders and I found it interesting.Here are some of the more interesting things I heard.

Have talked about trading up to #2-Dave figures it would cost a 3rd or 4th to do this.

-Talked about Teddy some -havent talked to him yet but like him-Said he would need to gain some weight though to make it trough 16 games,

-D Rob is not a bust and they will and must find a role for him

-Talked about moving Rackley or Jacques McClendon to Center

-Would like to find Free agents who can start instead of having a lot of rookies starting

-Didnt seem to be the biggest fan of Eugene Monroe

-Anticipation, decision making and accuracy is what he wants in a QB

Just for TMD-He said the war room picture for NFL Network might just be 1 intern.,.........

A lot more-easiest way to get most of this is read the Casey Ayers timeline on twitter.

https://twitter.com/caseyayers

Very interesting read...very optimistic that Snead and Caldwell are close friends.

Anyone know if it was recorded for Jaguars.com?

Nice!  Thanks for posting.  I'm hoping it leaks out to us pleb non season ticket holders at some point. : )

I hope they're not seriously thinking about moving up in the draft or using rackley as a center
Quote:I hope they're not seriously thinking about moving up in the draft

They're not. That's just a guy with a crush on Teddy being all twitterpated.

This time last year he was 1000% convinced that Geno Smith was the Jaguars guy and spent his time creating gifs and memes to express his love for Geno. Dude gets excited that's all.

Jags aren't trading up in the first round. To quote Mr Ayers- "You can bet money on it"
I would love it if the War Room pic was just an intern with a few pieces of paper and a magic 8 ball.
Quote:They're not. That's just a guy with a crush on Teddy being all twitterpated.

This time last year he was 1000% convinced that Geno Smith was the Jaguars guy and spent his time creating gifs and memes to express his love for Geno. Dude gets excited that's all.

Jags aren't trading up in the first round. To quote Mr Ayers- "You can bet money on it"

Didn't Mr. Ayers say...You can bet money on it, regarding the Jags trading up to #2?
Quote:They're not. That's just a guy with a crush on Teddy being all twitterpated.

good, breathing a little easier now.
The fan forum was awesome!  Gus just captured the crowd.  If the coaching thing doesn't work out he could surely be a motivational speaker (or stand-up comedian).  I say that as a compliment - dude is funny. 

I spent much more time with the GM though because I'm a draft geek.  Here's some of my conversation with Dave Caldwell:

Q: Is Clowney a "Scheme fit"

A: Yes

Q: As a LEO?

A: Yes

Q: If the Rams don't trade out or the #2 pick do they take OT or WR?

A: Probably OT

Q: Would you draft Barr #3, or try to trade back for a guy like Dee Ford?

A:  Ford didn't start very many games and may have some non-football issues that need to be vetted. i.e. higher risk than some may think.  Seemed to indicate they would draft Barr #3 if he were their "guy."

Q: Is Bortles a media fabrication?

A: No, he's a really good player.

Q: Does this draft have a "franchise" guy at QB?

A: Possibly (seemed to indicate that there might be one they'd be comfortable with)

Clearly he wasn't going to give away the farm, but I cam away thinking they'd definitely draft Clowney if available, possibly even if a QB were there.  He seemed to be comfortable with the thought of Barr or Watkins.  Seemd to like Borltes, but not at #3 (maybe a trade down possibility).

Quote:Didn't Mr. Ayers say...You can bet money on it, regarding the Jags trading up to #2?

Yes, and I'm borrowing his quote to show my convictions that the Jaguars DO NOT trade up to two.
According to the draft value chart moving up to #2 would cost a 2nd round pick.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Regards...............the Chiefjag
I don't know how much stock I put in those value boards.  I think it depends on the draft.

The Rams could trade down three times and still get Matthews

Sounds like vagrantwade...
Very cool stuff.  

I absolutely love how transparent this regime is.  Refreshing.  

Quote:Very cool stuff.  

I absolutely love how transparent this regime is.  Refreshing.  

If you take the post at face value and assume there is no smoke involved-yes it is refreshing.

I have my doubts.

If everything typed is truly indicative of Caldwell's feelings at this point, Caldwell has to feel really confident the draft is going to go his way-either because he knows he'll get impact at three or because he knows he has a reasonable expectation to trade up and get his guy.

While I believe the team can get impact by staying at 3, I'm not too sure ANY GM feels that confident to tip his hand to a stranger.
Still better than Gene's iron curtain of secrecy.  I expect to see him on Doomsday Preppers soon.

Quote:If you take the post at face value and assume there is no smoke involved-yes it is refreshing.

I have my doubts.

So far in their tenure  - Gus and Caldwell (even Shad) have done everything they've said they would do.   To a tee.   

They have been more transparent than anything I've seen in the NFL.  There will always be some P.C. responses and some info withheld (sometimes to protect a player's reputation) but I think they've been remarkably forth coming.  Kuharsky and Peter King both made comments after last year's offseason was complete about how transparent they were as well.  

Obviously the guy tweeting injected a bit of his viewpoint here and there - so I'm only referring to Caldwell's openly commenting on some of the things he's considering in the draft.  (not what Ayers thinks that is telling us)   You won't hear that stuff from most GMs.   
Just saw this on the homepage.   I guess I'm not just imagining the transparency.

Quote:Bradley talked extensively to the group about the importance of transparency, noting that he and Caldwell believe strongly in fans understanding the direction of the organization.

“Ideally, we want everybody – not just our players, but our fans – to own it,” Bradley said. “To do that, I think you have to be genuine. I think you have to be open and as much as possible, be truthful. We can’t give them ideas who we’re taking with the third pick, but I think as best we can we owe it to our fans.”

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6