Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bill O' Brien to be Next Texans Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/102057...head-coach

I don't really see him translating well to the NFL. I hope they go with him.

Quote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/102057...head-coach

I don't really see him translating well to the NFL. I hope they go with him.

you don't see him translating well to the NFL??....he's already been in the NFL, as a good assistant coach. 

This is probably the worst news possible for the Jags. 

But it doesn't surprise me because the NFL wants the Jags to remain as an unsuccessful team. So they have to make sure that the Colts go from great QB to great QB, after a one year blip, and now they make sure that the Texans hire a stud head coach to return them to success after a quick one year blip. I was hoping the Texans would have flubbed this coaching hire with someone like Lovie Smith or lesser coach, but alas, the worst possible news happened and they will be getting the best possible candidate. 

smh....

Bill O Brien was the #3 candidate on my Jags head coach wish list last year, behind only Andy Reid and Chip Kelly. (Bradley was 6). 

Its going to be a loooooooooong next decade, (for us) despite what was looking hopeful of recent. :angry:

Quote:you don't see him translating well to the NFL??....he's already been in the NFL, as a good assistant coach. 

This is probably the worst news possible for the Jags. 

But it doesn't surprise me because the NFL wants the Jags to remain as an unsuccessful team. So they have to make sure that the Colts go from great QB to great QB, after a one year blip, and now they make sure that the Texans hire a stud head coach to return them to success after a quick one year blip. I was hoping the Texans would have flubbed this coaching hire with someone like Lovie Smith or lesser coach, but alas, the worst possible news happened and they will be getting the best possible candidate. 

smh....

Bill O Brien was the #3 candidate on my Jags wish list last year, behind only Andy Reid and Chip Kelly. (Bradley was 6). 

Its going to be a loooooooooong next decade, (for us) despite what was looking hopeful of recent. :angry:

I now feel even more comfortable with the hiring as a Jags fan.
Overrated..... overrated..... overrated.....
How have the other OC's under Belichek done as HC's? I know McDaniels was bad but, what about the rest?

I truly don't know anything about this guy. All I know was TMD talked him up a bunch.

Quote:I now feel even more comfortable with the hiring as a Jags fan.

Yeah, because my number 1 and 2 choices from last year are just doing so horrible in their 1st years, huh? 

We'll see how happy and comfortable you are next year at this time when O Brien has the Texans in the playoffs and we're still probably sitting at around 4-6 wins. 

This Texans O' Brien hire is NOT good news for the Jaguars. 
Welp. That's it, there goes our chance of evar winning the division, if only we had one of TMDs slam dunk candidates...  Wallbash
Quote: 

All I know was TMD talked him up a bunch.

Yep. I've had this guy high on my Jags wish list for 2 years. (when we were going through our coaching carousel.) 

We tried to hire him prior to hiring Mularkey, I think. 

Not sure if we even tried last year, but it was assumed he was going to stay at Penn State last year so not sure we had a chance. 

But now the Texans are getting him....

Quote:Welp. That's it, there goes our chance of evar winning the division,

for the immediate future of the next 5 to possibly 10 years, the above is probably more true than you realize. 

The Texans just got themselves a really good football coach. Coughlin level. 

Quote:Yeah, because my number 1 and 2 choices from last year are just doing so horrible in their 1st years, huh? 

We'll see how happy and comfortable you are next year at this time when O Brien has the Texans in the playoffs and we're still probably sitting at around 4-6 wins. 

This Texans O' Brien hire is NOT good news for the Jaguars. 

Ha! He was probably one of the worst OC's in the history of Duke and was mainly a positional coach in NE. He's had two very mediocre seasons at one of the most storied programs in the country. I'll give him 3 years, max, 5 if he takes Teddy.
TMD freaks out to much. Relax dude.

I'm excited. David Shaw was my number one wish, followed closely by Bill O'Brien. Out of the available coaches willing to coach, I think Bill is a damn good choice. Hopefully he does a better job than other coordinators from the Denver tree.

Quote:I'm excited. David Shaw was my number one wish, followed closely by Bill O'Brien. Out of the available coaches willing to coach, I think Bill is a damn good choice. Hopefully he does a better job than other coordinators from the Denver tree.

Shaw would have been a better hire.
Quote:Overrated..... overrated..... overrated.....

based on what? 

winning with a college program decimated with sanctions and a freshman QB????? :wacko: 
Quote:based on what? 

winning with a college program decimated with sanctions and a freshman QB????? :wacko:

He's done absolutely nothing to merit being an NFL head coach.
Quote:I'm excited. David Shaw was my number one wish, followed closely by Bill O'Brien. Out of the available coaches willing to coach, I think Bill is a damn good choice. Hopefully he does a better job than other coordinators from the Denver tree.

David Shaw is another excellent candidate. 

I was hoping the Texans would get neither he or O Brien and instead would have hired a loser like Lovie Smith. But their interview with him has proven to be nothing more than a token Rooney Rule interview and they were never had any serious intention of hiring him. 

You got yourselves a good one, to our dismay. 
Quote:based on what? 

Please dont ask the question based on what after you say the Texans are going to own the division for the next decade because of this hire.
Quote:He's done absolutely nothing to merit being an NFL head coach.

Wrong. 

When you prove to be able to do more with less, /  win in circumstances that few others would have, you show you are a good coach, deserving a shot at the NFL level. 

New England?
Quote:Please dont ask the question based on what after you say the Texans are going to own the division for the next decade because of this hire.

They along with the Colts and Luck will take turns. 

This is a fantastic hire by the Texans, despite you trying to live in denial. 

It would have been better for the Jags had the Texans hired a Lovie Smith or other retread loser. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10