Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pet Peeves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
When my wife asks me a question while I'm brushing my teeth.

I can always tell when my wife has been in a room. She never closes anything all the way. Doors, drawers, closets, boxes, jars.....

It drives me crazy.
Quote:I can always tell when my wife has been in a room. She never closes anything all the way. Doors, drawers, closets, boxes, jars.....

It drives me crazy.

That would be a deal breaker for me. 
Spelling errors.

Better yet, people who tolerate spelling errors. Being able to spell something accurately to me is not something that is indicative of intelligence, especially in this day and age. It's an indication of effort. If you are typing on a computer, odds are you have access to the correct spelling of most any word in the English language; you are simply not willing to go and find the correct version.

I understand that there are certain folks out there that have limited means to detect and/or detect typos, but for those that do it simply boggles my mind. Oehser is a fine example. I think that he is a good writer and I enjoy reading his articles, but the typos drive me nuts! How can a man who makes his living writing be so seemingly apathetic about spelling?!?!

Okay, I'm over that now.

Quote:Spelling errors.

Better yet, people who tolerate spellign errors. Being able to spell something accurately to me is not something that is indicative of intelligence, especially in this day and age. It's an indication of effort. If you are typing on a computer, odds are you have access to the correct spelling of most any word in the English language; you are simply not willing to go and find the correct version.

I understand that there are certain folks out there that have limited means to detect and/or detect typos, but for those that do it simply boggles my mind. Oehser is a fine example. I think that he is a good writer and I enjoy reading his articles, but the typos drive me nuts! How can a man who makes his living writing be so seemingly apathetic about spelling?!?!

Okay, I'm over that now.

:whistling:

Better yet, people who tolerate spellign errors. Being able to spell something accurately to me is not something that is indicative of intelligence, especially in this day and age. It's an indication of effort. If you are typing on a computer, odds are you have access to the correct spelling of most any word in the English language; you are simply not willing to go and find the correct version.

Okay, I'm over that now.

I think the above post is irrelephant. 

Okay, I'm over that now.

Even more, most programs TELL the writer when a word is misspelled, but it's ignored. That little red squiggly line under a word means something.
Quote:Even more, most programs TELL the writer when a word is misspelled, but it's ignored. That little red squiggly line under a word means something.

Does this board have a spell check feature?

Never looked for it if there is one.
Quote: :whistling:

Thanks!
People who refuse to let others to exit an elevator, train car, or store entrance before barging in.    Simple etiquette dictates letting others exit before entering.  

I've taken to giving them a slight "hockey check" with a shoulder as they brush by so they will hopefully consider how stupid what they are doing is.

(except on the subway platform -  too dangerous if there is a gap.) 
Quote:Does this board have a spell check feature?

Never looked for it if there is one.

Eye don't no. I'm awn my fone write now. I'll cheque wen eye get homme.
Quote:People who refuse to let others to exit an elevator, train car, or store entrance before barging in. Simple etiquette dictates letting others exit before entering.

I've taken to giving them a slight "hockey check" with a shoulder as they brush by so they will hopefully consider how stupid what they are doing is.

(except on the subway platform - too dangerous if there is a gap.)

I've developed a dangerous habit of rudely gesturing to idiot cagers while on my bike. It's going to get me run down one day. I'm fighting the urge, though.
NYC4Jags, along those same lines is when people enter/exit the/a store (or anywhere), they stop inside the entrance like no one else wants in. Actually inside any entrance, or exit. Why do people stop when they get in, or out of a congested exit/entrance.

Keep moving until you can get out of the way if you want to pause to find your coupon, keys, or whatever you think you must have immediately.

Quote:Eye don't no. I'm awn my fone write now. I'll cheque wen eye get homme.

Your such a looser.
Quote:Your such a looser.

Hmmm. That was my ex-wife's nickname..
Quote:NYC4Jags, along those same lines is when people enter/exit the/a store (or anywhere), they stop inside the entrance like no one else wants in. Actually inside any entrance, or exit. Why do people stop when they get in, or out of a congested exit/entrance.

Keep moving until you can get out of the way if you want to pause to find your coupon, keys, or whatever you think you must have immediately.

Ugh.  That one's bad too. Especially when they just stand there staring at their phone.

I guess we can start a whole new line of complaining with that one, though.  
Fix for loud phone talkers....

[Image: 344447.jpg]

Quote::whistling:

Whushe!
Quote:People who refuse to let others to exit an elevator, train car, or store entrance before barging in.    Simple etiquette dictates letting others exit before entering.  

(except on the subway platform -  too dangerous if there is a gap.) 

I just moved to a 4 story building...I usually take the stairs, but I'll take the elevator if I'm feeling particularly lazy. Anyways, people do that all the time.  You need to let me off for you to go anywhere anyway! Move!
Quote:Hmmm. That was my ex-wife's nickname..

Is that your only pet peeve?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18