Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marcedes Lewis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
What do you know...its a contract year again and Marcedes Lewis decides to reappear.  I wouldn't give him anything more than a one year contract.

Uh...didn't he sign a 5 year contract 2 years ago?  What am I missing here?

Who says it's a contract year?

I'm not sure why I thought he was in a contract year...I need to go to bed.  Still don't like the guy, haha.

I do Marcedes could be an awesome tight end if we actually designed plays where he is the NUMBER 1 option... like we did today in the redzone.  I don't understand why he isn't our #1 target in the redzone - practice some tall throws where he has to get up and get it.  He's a good player that's overpayed...

What my friend here is trying to say is that marcedes knows that without the production this year his career was coming to a crossroad with this franchise. After the season if his production didn't reach cardwell standards he would've have to either take a paycut or get released from the team. Although he's currently under contract he had to show the front office something or they would went their separate ways.

126jags4life

Nice translation! Smile

[Image: 2gt5hjb.png]

But It's good that he's showing what he's capable of.  Hopefully it continues.  It would be nice to get his contract renegotiated but I doubt that happens.

If anything I'm scared that he might ask for more money if he keeps this up. He really is underrated by us fans in the run game and if he can be the best blocking TE in the league coupled with an actual legit red zone threat that's the number one target it will just boost his ego to new levels.

People hate on Marcedes because he couldnt put up big numbers with Blaine as his QB. People are dumb.

Bring up the drops if you want, but realize Cecil and Blackmon have a higher drop percentage than him.

Now that hes finally being used correctly as a jump ball and red zone target, hes showing up. Kudos to Jedd and the staff.

Quote:If anything I'm scared that he might ask for more money if he keeps this up.
Oh God, please let this happen.
More money, ha.  He is so overpaid right now.  I will say he has been playing better the last 4 or 5 weeks but lets not go overboard.

Quote:I'm not sure why I thought he was in a contract year...I need to go to bed.  Still don't like the guy, haha.

"The entire premise of my post is incorrect but I'm committed to the idea of being angry at a person making more money than me."

Quote:"The entire premise of my post is incorrect but I'm committed to the idea of being angry at a person making more money than me."
Better translation
Quote:People hate on Marcedes because he couldnt put up big numbers with Blaine as his QB. People are dumb.

Bring up the drops if you want, but realize Cecil and Blackmon have a higher drop percentage than him.

Now that hes finally being used correctly as a jump ball and red zone target, hes showing up. Kudos to Jedd and the staff.

Do you know that he only have 22 rec for 289 yds and 4 big TD's right? Let's not act like he's going to the probowl because henne is feeding him the rock but has been playing better recently although still not worthy of his contract.
Marcedes Lewis gets a 5 year, 34 million dollar contract and he is over paid.

Tyson Alualu gets a 5 year, 28 million dollar contract and we keep him around because he is cheap.

Only one of these men have been to the probowl.

If you think Marcedes Lewis isnt a GIGANTIC part of this offense your crazy. Or dumb.
Quote:Marcedes Lewis gets a 5 year, 34 million dollar contract and he is over paid.

Tyson Alualu gets a 5 year, 28 million dollar contract and we keep him around because he is cheap.

Only one of these men have been to the probowl.

If you think Marcedes Lewis isnt a GIGANTIC part of this offense your crazy. Or dumb.
Being a big part of one of the worst offenses in the modern era does not mean anything great.
Quote:"The entire premise of my post is incorrect but I'm committed to the idea of being angry at a person making more money than me."

Another intelligent post from Dragon.  Don't let his post count fool you.  He is a bitter man (teenager?) that brings juvenile hate to these boards.
Quote:Being a big part of one of the worst offenses in the modern era does not mean anything great.
Being a big part in Gus Bradley's system isnt?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13