Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Article On Caldwell - Espn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...or-the-job

Quote:...in terms of personnel, Caldwell used the words "athleticism, speed and aggression" when describing the types of players the Jaguars are targeting. 

"I want a fast, aggressive football team. Also, a team that is highly, highly competitive, day in and day out, where guys are coming to work knowing that every single day matters, to have that roster where the 53rd guy has as much of a chance of starting as the No. 1 guy on the roster," he said.

Pretty good read.

We will get to where we want to be everyone and these are the guys to take us there. We just have to be patient!!!

"athleticism, speed and aggression"...

I hear there's a motorcycle gang in New York we can sign.  Rolleyes 

This is a good article.  Even the most strident Jaguars critic would agree that this club is heading in the right direction.  It's going to feel good in a few years to be able to watch our guys travel around the league and bloody the mouths of those laughing loudest at us right now. *coughPhiladelphiacough*

There are some here who are pre-programmed to hate every move this franchise makes, especially if it doesn't involve signing an overpriced, over hyped free agent they want.  They don't have the patience to allow anything to develop.  If there's not instant gratification, they complain incessantly.

This rebuilding process is going to be interesting to watch.  But, it requires people to set realistic expectations for where the team will be now, in the next few months, a year from now, and 5 years out.  I didn't anticipate them being very good this year.  I'm certainly disappointed in the perfect game we're pitching currently, but I can tolerate it knowing good things are coming.

I tend to like the approach they're taking.  It's not the quick fix some here would prefer.  But, it's an approach that allows them to build the team for the long haul to succeed.  If their moves pan out, the naysayers will have less and less to whine about until they're relegated to complaining about the lack of glitter in the uniforms.  If the approach and the evaluation process Caldwell is following prove to be the right ones for this organization, they won't have much more to get angry about.

Eh, not a fan of all this "GM Speak".  It's just a bunch of cliche's.

Whether it's Jars on the shelf or everybody competing for a job 

The only thing that matters is results. That, we aren't going to see this year.  Next year here's hoping.  I can't have full faith in Caldwell until he shows results.  At the same time I'm not going to be a doubter until I see lack of results.  

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/1274/caldwell-is-jags-right-man-for-the-job'>http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/1274/caldwell-is-jags-right-man-for-the-job</a>

Pretty good read.

This sums up the direction that we The Jaguars are headed. We will be competative. We will eventually win games and we will one day be the talk of the NFL in a Positive Aspect... Caldwell is definately the right GM for our Jaguars. We the fans must be possitive and continue to support the team... JS...

;-)

NH3...
This upcoming draft first round pick will be Caldwell and Bradley's biggest decision for the tenure here.
Quote:There are some here who are pre-programmed to hate every move this franchise makes, especially if it doesn't involve signing an overpriced, over hyped free agent they want.  They don't have the patience to allow anything to develop.  If there's not instant gratification, they complain incessantly.

This rebuilding process is going to be interesting to watch.  But, it requires people to set realistic expectations for where the team will be now, in the next few months, a year from now, and 5 years out.  I didn't anticipate them being very good this year.  I'm certainly disappointed in the perfect game we're pitching currently, but I can tolerate it knowing good things are coming.

I tend to like the approach they're taking.  It's not the quick fix some here would prefer.  But, it's an approach that allows them to build the team for the long haul to succeed.  If their moves pan out, the naysayers will have less and less to whine about until they're relegated to complaining about the lack of glitter in the uniforms.  If the approach and the evaluation process Caldwell is following prove to be the right ones for this organization, they won't have much more to get angry about.

Habitual I say...

HABITUAL!!!

Said Patience will pay dividends...

NH3...
Quote:This upcoming draft first round pick will be Caldwell and Bradley's biggest decision for the tenure here.

AGREED... Rehardless of the position, Caldwell's second year, first round pick within the draft will be Monumental...

NH3...

Quote:There are some here who are pre-programmed to hate every move this franchise makes, especially if it doesn't involve signing an overpriced, over hyped free agent they want.  They don't have the patience to allow anything to develop.  If there's not instant gratification, they complain incessantly.

Can we play 20 questions to guess the prime culprit? I only need one.

That same speech was said during the Gene Smith era.

The truth is IDK if Caldwell will be the guy to bring this franchise back up.  It is alot to ask a fanbase who has already had to watch 6 poor seasons before to continue to be patient.  Time will tell

Disagree. The naysayers will ALWAYS have something to complain about. It's what makes them what they are. I can already project the meltdowns for next offseason. What if Mincey, Lewis, AluAlu, Poz, and the like aren't unceremoniously whacked on the plane ride home from the last game? What if Caldwell decides another player would fit this team better than Bridgewater? What if the biggest free agent signing is a guy that only a handful of us have ever heard of? I see so many opportunities for bibbers to be bibbers. I don't even have to wait for it either. They project it so very well.
Quote:That same speech was said during the Gene Smith era.

The truth is IDK if Caldwell will be the guy to bring this franchise back up.  It is alot to ask a fanbase who has already had to watch 6 poor seasons before to continue to be patient.  Time will tell

So what are you supposed to do?  Crucify the guy less than a year into his job?  People can want a turn around, but its not going to be done in one off season.  The executives around the league that have given the Jags praise tells me they are doing the right thing.

The over reaction here is insane. 
The Homers are just as bad as the so called "bibbers."  They believe in everything the team does and buys into the company line.  I've learned to sit and wait

Quote:So what are you supposed to do?  Crucify the guy less than a year into his job?  People can want a turn around, but its not going to be done in one off season.  The executives around the league that have given the Jags praise tells me they are doing the right thing.

The over reaction here is insane. 

I did not say anything about Crucifying him.  I do find it ridiculous he is getting praise for the product that is on the football field. 

The "executives around the league" are giving him praise huh?  Weren't there plenty of them giving Gene Smith praise as well?

Over reaction?  Like what?  A team that is 0-5 and being blown out every single week should not have a negative reaction?  Wow what kind of world do you live in?

I
Quote:The Homers are just as bad as the so called "bibbers."  They believe in everything the team does and buys into the company line.  I've learned to sit and wait

Yep, pretty much. 
By the way.....

thats wasn't me in the comments section of the article, using "cronies" although I like how he thinks! :yes: 

Quote:I do find it ridiculous he is getting praise for the product that is on the football field. 

Who's praising him for the product on the field?   I've never seen anyone do that.   The "product" is 0-5.  Why the heck would anyone praise that?  It sucks. 

I've said 3 of his FA signings are playing up to their salaries and that 5 of his draft picks look like they have a good chance to stick. That's not the product on the field, though.   It is more than I could say about any of Gene's offseason acquisitions.  That gives me reason to be optimistic that he's heading this thing in the right direction.  Obviously - no one knows yet -  and that's why it's an interesting article for Jag's fans.  Because there are a number of people outside Everbank that think Caldwell's the real deal.  You don't have to buy it - but don't make stuff up just to be contrary. 
Quote:Who's praising him for the product on the field?   I've never seen anyone do that.   The "product" is 0-5.  Why the heck would anyone praise that?  It sucks. 

I've said 3 of his FA signings are playing up to their salaries and that 5 of his draft picks look like they have a good chance to stick. That's not the product on the field, though.   It is more than I could say about any of Gene's offseason acquisitions.  That gives me reason to be optimistic that he's heading this thing in the right direction.  Obviously - no one knows yet -  and that's why it's an interesting article for Jag's fans.  Because there are a number of people outside Everbank that think Caldwell's the real deal.  You don't have to buy it - but don't make stuff up just to be contrary. 
Homer. Tongue

Seriously though, if you don't completely spazz out one way or the other, you're a homer in the book of a bibber. If the team is 0-5, you are not allowed any projection or any big picture look at WHY the team is in that spot. You had better start spazzing mister. Just as soon as the team becomes a contender, you must trade the diapers for pom-poms and cheer like you were a die hard all along. Wink
Quote:Who's praising him for the product on the field?   I've never seen anyone do that.   The "product" is 0-5.  Why the heck would anyone praise that?  It sucks. 

I am not praising him or criticizing him.  There should be no praise at this point and I am well aware of his time with Atlanta and Bill Polian.

Making a 2-14 actually worse is not a good way to start his career here unless he planned on tanking before this season got started.  He Knew we didn't have a QB and decided to ride it out with Henne/gabbs. 

I don't know what his thought process was but we are in the worst shape this franchise has been in right now.  I don't think he did nearly enough to help this team be successful this season.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5