Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Unimpressed With The Colts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Although this Sunday we got absolutely rocked, I have to say I'm very unimpressed with colts and their organization. Andrew Luck looks about as average as anyone can be and Trent Richardson looks like just another guy. They spent a first round pick on him and Bradshaw and brown have looked better. They also spent their first pick on Werner which is just laughable. The colts new gm looks like another polian which is great news for everybody in the division.

With that being said I feel pretty confident about our chances of starting our reign over the whole afc south in two years. We will have the best qb and reciever in the division with bridgewater and Blackmon and Caldwell really seems to know what he's doing. The arrow is pointing down for the colts and the jags is definitely going up.
Well how can you say unimpressed when they smoke the Jaguars on Sunday? Huh?!

Quote:Although this Sunday we got absolutely rocked, I have to say I'm very unimpressed with colts and their organization. Andrew Luck looks about as average as anyone can be and Trent Richardson looks like just another guy. They spent a first round pick on him and Bradshaw and brown have looked better. They also spent their first pick on Werner which is just laughable. The colts new gm looks like another polian which is great news for everybody in the division.

With that being said I feel pretty confident about our chances of starting our reign over the whole afc south in two years. We will have the best qb and reciever in the division with bridgewater and Blackmon and Caldwell really seems to know what he's doing. The arrow is pointing down for the colts and the jags is definitely going up.

Seriously?  The Colts had just come off a huge road win in San Francisco 7 days earlier (remember? 27-7?) and face the Seahawks next week.  The Jags game had 'let down' written all over it.  Yeah, it wasn't the best of efforts, but it was still enough to win by 34 (which Polian Colts team had previously done that, again? Even with Manning?).

The injury bug is already raring it's ugly head in the Colts camp (Bradshaw, Landry, Satele and Jean Francois didn't play on Sunday and Dwayne Allen and Vick Ballard are on IR).

Sure, the Jags can finish 0-16 this year and draft Bridgewater (which is no guarantee that he'll translate to the NFL).  Blackmon, the best?  Possibly, but I wouldn't count on it (see: JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf).

The Colts are not going anywhere for the next 8-10 years.  This is "rebuilding" year 2 for the Grigson/Pagano Colts.

Is "In 2 years, the Jags are going to rule the AFC South" a Jacksonville rite of passage or something?  We've been hearing it every year since 2002.
Quote:Although this Sunday we got absolutely rocked, I have to say I'm very unimpressed with colts and their organization. Andrew Luck looks about as average as anyone can be and Trent Richardson looks like just another guy. They spent a first round pick on him and Bradshaw and brown have looked better. They also spent their first pick on Werner which is just laughable. The colts new gm looks like another polian which is great news for everybody in the division.

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Quote:Seriously? The Colts had just come off a huge road win in San Francisco 7 days earlier (remember? 27-7?) and face the Seahawks next week. The Jags game had 'let down' written all over it. Yeah, it wasn't the best of efforts, but it was still enough to win by 34 (which Polian Colts team had previously done that, again? Even with Manning?).

The injury bug is already raring it's ugly head in the Colts camp (Bradshaw, Landry, Satele and Jean Francois didn't play on Sunday and Dwayne Allen and Vick Ballard are on IR).

Sure, the Jags can finish 0-16 this year and draft Bridgewater (which is no guarantee that he'll translate to the NFL). Blackmon, the best? Possibly, but I wouldn't count on it (see: JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf).

The Colts are not going anywhere for the next 8-10 years. This is "rebuilding" year 2 for the Grigson/Pagano Colts.

Is "In 2 years, the Jags are going to rule the AFC South" a Jacksonville rite of passage or something? We've been hearing it every year since 2002.

At the end of the day luck isn't manning and won't even come close. You say the colts are rebuilding but I really don't see a difference in your front with throwing away a first round pick for a rb. That's not "rebuilding" that's just dumb. I guarantee you we will go to a Super Bowl before the colts.

Colts will maximum win one game every year in the playoffs but you don't have the complete team to make a deep push.

I've never said we were two years away until now. We finally have a gm that has an iq above 70 and that had a pretty good draft last year. Caldwell knows this is a qb league and he's taking bridgewater next year. Bridgewater is about as sure a franchise qb that there can be and he will end up better than luck.
Quote:Well how can you say unimpressed when they smoke the Jaguars on Sunday? Huh?!

Using the Jaguars is a barometer of anyone's success is a joke.  
LOL, what the Jags would give to have Luck as their qb.

Quote:LOL, what the Jags would give to have Luck as their qb.

they had the chance....all they had to do was lose the 2 head to head games vs the Colts in 2011...but no...
Quote:they had the chance....all they had to do was lose the 2 head to head games vs the Colts in 2011...but no...
Pretty hard to tell a coach and a bunch of players to go out and lose intentionally.
People get so frazzled when you say Luck hasn't lived up to his hype, but he hasn't. He is inacurate.

Indy fans can pretend like they are happy, but watching the Broncos play has to sting a little no matter how good of a decision you think losing for Luck was.

Quote:People get so frazzled when you say Luck hasn't lived up to his hype, but he hasn't. He is inacurate.

Indy fans can pretend like they are happy, but watching the Broncos play has to sting a little no matter how good of a decision you think losing for Luck was.

Finally somebody says it.  They're cool because they're winning, but the "23rd best player in the NFL" isn't exactly playing up to that.  Don't you have to be lighting it up to be that?
Quote:People get so frazzled when you say Luck hasn't lived up to his hype, but he hasn't. He is inacurate.

If I were a Colts fan, I'd probably be thinking "I wish we would've kept Manning".

Yeah, it probably stings. But at that time, with the uncertainty about Manning's neck, it was the right move to make.
Quote:If I were a Colts fan, I'd probably be thinking "I wish we would've kept Manning".

Yeah, it probably stings. But at that time, with the uncertainty about Manning's neck, it was the right move to make.
Not only that, but Manning will be out of the league in 3-5 years (if not earlier)....Luck has years and years to go and get better.
Quote:Not only that, but Manning will be out of the league in 3-5 years (if not earlier)....Luck has years and years to go and get better.

5 years is a long time, and there will be a lot more "once in a generation" QB's coming out of the draft between now and then. I'm just glad he is out of our division.
Quote:5 years is a long time, and there will be a lot more "once in a generation" QB's coming out of the draft between now and then. I'm just glad he is out of our division.
Peyton Manning didnt light the league on fire his first couple years either.  If he were a Jaguar qb people would be saying he is the second coming.
Quote:Peyton Manning didnt light the league on fire his first couple years either. If he were a Jaguar qb people would be saying he is the second coming.

Obviously he can improve as time goes, but as a jags fan I am feeling very optimistic that he won't be Peyton or anything close. His ceiling to me looks around a top 10 qb. I'm not impressed by luck and if a colt fan was being honest they would say they have been disappointed thus far as well.
The Colts made the right decision.

Manning was the answer for the next 3-4 years.

Luck is the answer for the next 12-15 years.

Easy Call.

Colts with Manning 2010 (10-6) Lost in WC round

Colts without Manning 2011 (2-14) Missed Playoffs

Colts with Luck 2012 (11-5) Lost in WC round

Its very rare in NFL history for a team to have a rebuilding period this short. There has only been 1 year out of the last 12 that the Colts have not been a competitive playoff team. That is amazing. Right now they are the best team in the AFC South. Like it or not, the team has an absurdly good track record.

I'm impressed with the Colts.....but unimpressed with Trent Richardson, so far anyway... He looks just as "average" in Indy as he was in Cleveland. 

Quote:The Colts made the right decision.

Manning was the answer for the next 3-4 years.

Luck is the answer for the next 12-15 years.

Easy Call.

Colts with Manning 2010 (10-6) Lost in WC round

Colts without Manning 2011 (2-14) Missed Playoffs

Colts with Luck 2012 (11-5) Lost in WC round

Its very rare in NFL history for a team to have a rebuilding period this short. There has only been 1 year out of the last 12 that the Colts have not been a competitive playoff team. That is amazing. Right now they are the best team in the AFC South. Like it or not, the team has an absurdly good track record.
Luck likely won't ever play like Peyton Manning though.

You could go another 50 years without getting somebody as good as Manning. You don't get rid of all time greats and come out winners very often...

Quote:I'm impressed with the Colts.....but unimpressed with Trent Richardson, so far anyway... He looks just as "average" in Indy as he was in Cleveland. 

He looks like a back you could trade a late rounder for, in fact i'd rather have Todman anyway
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6