Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Stand United
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
No matter how bad things may get with this team, those of us who have been here through thick and thin will continue to support this team.

The first two games have certainly been a test for most, and the frustrations we all feel are only natural. But, a time will come when this team is on the upswing, and success returns. These challenging times will make it all that much sweeter.

Patience is going to be required, but I continue to remain optimistic we have the right people in place to address the years of abuse this team has been subjected to. It won't be a quick fix, but most things worth having take time to develop.

It's not a pretty picture right now, but it will get better.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JAGUARS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm not gonna lie, when I think of how bad this team is right now it stinks, but then I realize that it just means we're going to have Bridgewater fall into our lap and it makes me smile. I don't care how early it is. I can't wait to have a legit QB for the first time in over a decade.

Quote:No matter how bad things may get with this team, those of us who have been here through thick and thin will continue to support this team.

The first two games have certainly been a test for most, and the frustrations we all feel are only natural. But, a time will come when this team is on the upswing, and success returns. These challenging times will make it all that much sweeter.

Patience is going to be required, but I continue to remain optimistic we have the right people in place to address the years of abuse this team has been subjected to. It won't be a quick fix, but most things worth having take time to develop.

It's definitely understandable for fans to be frustrated, and I agree, we're certainly looking up.

I think what gets most fans is the vicious abuse the franchise and its city receives from the media. As someone that has lived in four different NFL cities, I have never, ever seen any professional sports franchise receive the type of abuse from the media the Jaguars do when they're doing bad.

As another fan once put it, there's sort of a Godwin's Law effect going on in a sense that the longer discussion about the Jaguars being bad goes on, the closer it gets to relocation talk, lack of fan support, and Tim Tebow. Eventually, it gets to some people.

I do hope those people stick around though. It'll never be like this forever. Century-long rebuilding phases like the Lions are rare. I'm willing to go as far as to say that the Jaguars are one Teddy Bridgewater away from being an 8-8 team.
Quote:It's definitely understandable for fans to be frustrated, and I agree, we're certainly looking up.

I think what gets most fans is the vicious abuse the franchise and its city receives from the media. As someone that has lived in four different NFL cities, I have never, ever seen any professional sports franchise receive the type of abuse from the media the Jaguars do when they're doing bad.

As another fan once put it, there's sort of a Godwin's Law effect going on in a sense that the longer discussion about the Jaguars being bad goes on, the closer it gets to relocation talk, lack of fan support, and Tim Tebow. Eventually, it gets to some people.

I do hope those people stick around though. It'll never be like this forever. Century-long rebuilding phases like the Lions are rare. I'm willing to go as far as to say that the Jaguars are one Teddy Bridgewater away from being an 8-8 team.

I like the wrong two teams. Maybe I'm bad luck.
Damn, how "disappointed" would the people on this board be if they draft Clowney with the first overall pick and miss out on Bridgewater?

Quote:Damn, how "disappointed" would the people on this board be if they draft Clowney with the first overall pick and miss out on Bridgewater?

Depends on what QB they draft in the 2nd. Clowney + Morris would be huge for this franchise.

Yeah, this team didn't get into this mess over night.  We've had two general managers who made a lot of big mistakes, and had a lot of bad luck.  If Dave Caldwell could come in and wave his magic wand and this team be good again tomorrow, not only would he do it, he'd have to get paid about 100x what he's getting paid.

The team has been void of talent at the QB position for too long.  And it ignored the position for a long time too.  I hope that we've learned from the mistake, and when we get our Franchise QB, we look for his replacement long before he's gone.

Morris doesn't have 'it'

Bridgewater has 'it'
where would i go?  who would i root for?  as much as the team is suffering now, i could not imagine walking up with jitters to see another team play on sunday.  the change isn't likely to happen in my life.  that being said, wow, the 2013 jaguars are historically bad.

Do you guys have to turn every thread into a Bridgewater campaign?

Quote:Morris doesn't have 'it'

Bridgewater has 'it'

Is Bridgewater the only QB in next years draft that has "it"?
OMG...No to Morris in the first three round. Taking him in the second round is even more of a reach than Gabbert with the 10th overall pick. If this team takes Clowney in the first and a qb in the second, that qb better be NFL ready because he is going to thrown to the wolf from day 1. Morris is simply not polished enough to be an NFL starter. This team needs a difference making at the qb position, not another project.

Also, please no to Mariota. He is not an NFL qb material. The pro game is so much different than the collegiate game. That's why very few qbs drafted make it in this league.

Now, if I were to draft a project qb, it would be Hundley. He has the most potential, but he'll probably stay another year to improve his skills and stock.

Again, given this sorry state of a franchise right now, we need a difference maker at the qb position -- a prospect who is NFL day 1 ready. Right now, Bridgewater is the clear choice if we go the QB route (which is very likely). Boyd is a distant second to Bridgewater.
The Bridgewater brigade is out again....for the record I would rather have Manziel

we are gonna shock the world this sundayyyyyyyyyy

Quote:Again, given this sorry state of a franchise right now, we need a difference maker at the qb position -- a prospect who is NFL day 1 ready.

Whether you worry about a day 1 ready QB depends on whether you're thinking about building for the short term or the long term. And if you want a winning team over time, you should be thinking long term.
A new QB is first priority. A refurbished O line is a very close second. Bringing in Bridgewater or Manziel won't do much good if they're getting pressure or buried in the turf as soon as the ball is snapped.
I hope we're heading in the right direction and our fanbase doesn't give up on this team too soon. They need us now more than ever and the last thing we need is to be divided and not support them although we're getting killed nationally.

Quote:No matter how bad things may get with this team, those of us who have been here through thick and thin will continue to support this team.

Of course you are right, but it's still a difficult thing to go through.  
Quote:we are gonna shock the world this sundayyyyyyyyyy
It would be epic funny
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14