Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Congressional Majority Whip Shot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Rep. Steve Scalise, the House majority whip was shot during practice for a congressional baseball game this morning.  The shooter was taken down by his security detail.  

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/14/vir...-shot.html
In a ironic sort of way the entire group of people was lucky that Scalise was there as he was the only one with a security detail. They are saying it would have been a massacre otherwise.
(06-14-2017, 09:02 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]In a ironic sort of way the entire group of people was lucky that Scalise was there as he was the only one with a security detail. They are saying it would have been a massacre otherwise.

From what I gather, the lone security detail was a guy-girl team, and both were shot in the process. They're both big-time heroes. If they weren't there, this could have changed the percentages of dems and repubs in Congress.

There was also one Congressman carried off first... ahead of Scalise... with serious injury. He's yet to be identified.

The suspect was seriously injured but survived and is in custody. Apparently he asked someone ahead of time if the Congressmen were repubs or dems.
Considering reports indicate between 50 and 100 shots were fired by the shooter and congressional police who returned fire, if they weren't there, this story would have had a far more tragic ending.

Still, it sounds like there were some serious injuries, including those sustained by the two Capitol Police officers who ended this thing.

Rick Desantis, a FL congressman was leaving the field about 5 minutes before the shooting started. He was interviewed a little while ago, and he said that as he and another member were leaving, they were approached by a guy who asked if this was the republicans or democrats practicing on the field. Desantis said he thought that was an odd question, and that he's not sure if this was the shooter, but it seems that this is probably the case. If it is, it's smelling premeditated.
Reports are that the officers continued to engage the assailant after both of them had been shot. Both should be heralded as heroes.
Damn. I shouldn't be surprised that this can happen in our current political climate but I am. What is wrong with people? Seriously? That is a rhetorical question. I am hoping no one here can justify why people like this feel actions like these are, well.....justified.
I understand that not every Congressman gets a security detail, but there should be extra security for gatherings.
Let's have the Hollywood Elites incite more violence for these mindless sheep to follow..
Appears to be some 66 year old nut-bag.
(06-14-2017, 11:31 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Appears to be some 66 year old nut-bag.
If by nut bag you mean a Bernie supporter, then yes

He's dead, btw.
Waiting for the Democrats to scream about Gun Control.........
[Image: James-Hodgkinson-Facebook-410x220.png][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIOmbdiflHDqXscvqKCOI...1QKX4IFfog]

This the kook. As FBT stated, he's dead.
(06-14-2017, 11:48 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Waiting for the Democrats to scream about Gun Control.........

According to reports, without those guns for protection, this could have been a lot worse since the loony lib had tons of ammo..
(06-14-2017, 11:48 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Waiting for the Democrats to scream about Gun Control.........

Clinton toadie, and governor of VA, Terry McCauliffe found a camera about 3 hours after the shooting ended to talk about needing more gun control. 

The funny thing is, the shooter actually traveled from a state with some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the country, presumably toting his weapon and ammunition.  As a peace loving Bernie Sanders supporter, I wouldn't have expected him to own a firearm.

What we're learning from the vast majority of these mass shootings is that the only real gun law we need to add to the stack is one to prevent liberals from owning firearms.
(06-14-2017, 11:58 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]

According to reports, without those guns for protection, this could have been a lot worse since the loony lib had tons of ammo..

I guess it's fortuitous that the House majority whip was there then because otherwise, there wouldn't have been any armed security there.  Despite being shot themselves, the two capitol police officers neutralized the shooter and saved a lot of lives.
Prayers to those injured that they make a full recovery.
"Why do we have the Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical." - Senator Rand Paul

It's a fine line between rhetoric and regrettable.
(06-14-2017, 01:21 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]"Why do we have the Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical." - Senator Rand Paul

This country knows nothing of a tyrannical government yet, but I get your point.
(06-14-2017, 01:21 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]"Why do we have the Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical." - Senator Rand Paul

So, you're good with this shooting?
This can't be put on one side more than the other, rhetoric on both sides has the potential to light a maniac's fuse.

Thank God for the police personnel, one of whom shot the attacker after receiving injuries himself. They prevented a much greater tragedy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5