Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mike Pence Lectured at "Hamilton" performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
http://www.broadway.com/buzz/186795/excl...embers-us/

Who do these people really think they are? Just because you play a historical figure, doesn't give you the right to lecture the REAL vp elect.
First Amendment

The comments are priceless. Every Trumpette gets a free ad hominem for every post. Truly the full display of lefty tolerance.
Quote:First Amendment

Please point out where I said they should be arrested
Just another case of the far left using hyperbole in an attempt to set the narrative. Racism, and the new leftist word du jour - xenophobia, being the primary components. White shaming has been on the rise and will only accelerate once Trump takes office. It's just a matter of time before we hear about white high school students being accused of bigotry, racism, xenophobia, yada, yada, yada..., because they enter into a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship with another white student. Most likely initiated by a teacher. I'd bet a dozen Krispy Kreme hot glazed donuts on it. 

Every nations society has folks that comprise the soft underbelly of the population. Since the election our nations soft underbelly has continuously shined a light upon itself and I must say, it is a pathetic look for our country.

I find it just a touch hilarious and sad when the big bad tough guy anti PC movement shows itself to be just as thin skinned and weak to criticism as it's leader. Something something safe space was it?
Quote:I find it just a touch hilarious and sad when the big bad tough guy anti PC movement shows itself to be just as thin skinned and weak to criticism as it's left. Something something safe space was it?

Not at all. Criticism and debate are healthy as long as they're grounded in logic and reason. Mr. Actor Man based his in hysteria.
Quote:Not at all. Criticism and debate are healthy as long as they're grounded in logic and reason. Mr. Actor Man based his in hysteria.

And disrupted the play for everyone else in the theater that paid good money to see him act, not for his political statements.
Quote:And disrupted the play for everyone else in the theater that paid good money to see him act, not for his political statements.

^This
Quote:And disrupted the play for everyone else in the theater that paid good money to see him act, not for his political statements.

They waited until after the show.
Quote:I find it just a touch hilarious and sad when the big bad tough guy anti PC movement shows itself to be just as thin skinned and weak to criticism as it's left. Something something safe space was it?

It's hilarious and sad.

They get upset when people boycott Chick Fil-a for their stance on gay marriage, but then when Starbucks puts out Red Cups without the word "Christmas" on it, they act like someone's declared war on them. 

What they hate isn't PC culture.  What they hate is when people call them out on what they do.  They want to be free of criticism.
Quote:They waited until after the show.

And they still subjected those people to their political rant that didn't sign up for a political event, don't you think?
Quote:And they still subjected those people to their political rant that didn't sign up for a political event, don't you think?
Political rant? I didn't see it that way.

It was a group who individuals who are nervous about this administration. They didn't say they hated them but they hope that the administration can speak for the entire country. Not just a select few.

Didn't see anything wrong with it. And if the people in the audience didn't want to hear it... they could have walked out. Pretty easy to do.
Quote:It's hilarious and sad.

They get upset when people boycott Chick Fil-a for their stance on gay marriage, but then when Starbucks puts out Red Cups without the word "Christmas" on it, they act like someone's declared war on them. 

What they hate isn't PC culture.  What they hate is when people call them out on what they do.  They want to be free of criticism.

Exactly what does "political correctness" have to do with an actor berating the future VP at a play he paid money to see?
Quote:Exactly what does "political correctness" have to do with an actor berating the future VP at a play he paid money to see?
He could have walked out.
Quote:Political rant? I didn't see it that way.

It was a group who individuals who are nervous about this administration. They didn't say they hated them but they hope that the administration can speak for the entire country. Not just a select few.

Didn't see anything wrong with it. And if the people in the audience didn't want to hear it... they could have walked out. Pretty easy to do.

Yeah, they should have to leave because someone decides to bring their personal issues into it a play they paid money to see. That seems totally reasonable.
Quote:He could have walked out.

And the actor could have just gone about his business and left his personal issues out of his job. What's your point?
Quote:Exactly what does "political correctness" have to do with an actor berating the future VP at a play he paid money to see?

Berating? Oh boy.....
Quote:And the actor could have just gone about his business and left his personal issues out of his job. What's your point?
He had the right to speak about whatever he wanted and Pence could have walked out.

Everyone has a choice.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7