Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Next year, the Jags should draft two quarterbacks.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Assuming Bortles doesn't work out, we should draft one in the first round, and one in the second round.  Imagine if we had done that in 2014--taken Bortles with the first pick, and Derek Carr with the second pick. Carr would probably have beat Bortles out his rookie year.  And Bortles would still be green enough that he might have some trade value (maybe to the Raiders?).

The Redskins actually did this the year they traded a boatload of picks for RGIII and Cousins. They thought the former would be the franchise quarterback, but the latter was.

Quarterback is the most important position in all of sports. Without a decent one, the team sinks. Why tie your entire future on one pick? Especially when next year is supposed to be a great year for QBs.

I would also recommend dumping Henne and signing a decent veteran - and that veteran should start until one of the two rookies are ready.

I know we have other needs. I'm convinced we can get a very good LG in the middle rounds, as well a RT.

What do you think?
I am waiting on the regular season.
I know. I can't help but think of next season. It's what you do when you're a Jags fan.

On the other hand, it would be idea if Bortles somehow miraculously fixed his problems and proved to be a franchise quarterback. He played great in the last two games last season. I'm hoping for a repeat performance.
Normally, I wouldn't have an issue with that if the Jags were to move on from Bortles.

The issue is that the offense would be so bad around the rookies that they would have issues succeeding and we would be in the same place we are right now in three years. We need to rebuild the line before we bring in any more fresh meat for the butchers.
Nah, keep bortles and henne and draft linemen first 3 rounds
Silly Rabbit to OP.

NH3...
Why is it silly?
I suggested the same thing in another post a few days ago. I said take a QB with our first pick and then take another in the 4th or 5th round. I'd even bring in an UDFA QB as well. Taking one in the 1st and 2nd round might be overkill. We need to upgrade the O-Line as well.
I hope we draft only QBs and offensive lineman.
(08-26-2017, 09:15 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Nah,  keep bortles and henne and draft linemen first 3 rounds

O-line, O-line, O-line,,,,

I'd be fine with that. Start drafting alot of them (the next couple seasons) and try to solidify that unit once and for all. Dallas kept drafting them and drafting them. They have an awesome unit now. 

Still need a QB though somehow. Gotta find one somewhere. If they can't land one in a draft,, at least bring in a FA or two (if BB struggles again this year,, we'll see). 

O-line is priority one though,, IMO.
Pray we get the next Brady because he's pretty much the only one who could be successful behind this horrific line.
(08-26-2017, 11:06 PM)Rooster Wrote: [ -> ]Pray we get the next Brady because he's pretty much the only one who could be successful behind this horrific line.

I hope we continue to be saddled with bad quarterbacks until the OL is fixed. I'd hate to waste a great QB on J.J. Watt.
(08-26-2017, 10:53 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope we draft only QBs and offensive lineman.

Exactly!
In addition, sign a free agent just to replace Henne...
Nah waste of a pick. Draft you're guy in whatever round and leave it at that. Pick up a free agent of UDFA instead.
Do a Washington and take one in the 1st and 5th. Fill the gap with linemen.
Qb oline qb oline qb oline kicker
If they are smart they would draft 3 qbs. 1st round, 4th round, and 6th round. Keep Brandon and let the best man play. I seriously can't believe Bortles is going to be the starter
Just throw the bank at Cousins and be done with it
I would not be opposed to it. It's smart to take a QB every year or two no matter who you have. If you can hit on one (and have a good starter already in place) they become good potential trade bait. If a 5th-7th round QB doesn't work out then you cut ties as a lot of teams do with late rounders anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5