Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: On to the Browns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Next Sun. the matchup to watch once again will be our OTs vs their DEs.  Garrett and Ogbah vs Cam and Parnell hopefully.  The Browns have a pretty good Run D so I'm hoping we have a balanced attack and we can take advantage of their weak secondary.  Hopefully Dede will be back and can give us a little spark
They are the worst team in the league. We have to destroy them. I'm thinking to the point where they need to apply the mercy rule
Hey, I know we are getting used to winning and all, but we have all of Monday to celebrate... Then Tuesday is on to the Browns!
It's not a good week to have banged up OTs.
I imagine the Jags defense will make more impact in the game than cleveland's though.
Gonna take the trip to Cleveland for the game. $40 tickets on field level at the 50 yard line.
On to the Cardinals
We skipping victory Mondays now?
They seemed to give Detroit all they could handle in Detroit.

I sure hope we can get healthy for the Browns, and I sure hope we don't take them lightly.
(11-13-2017, 12:16 AM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]They are the worst team in the league. We have to destroy them. I'm thinking to the point where they need to apply the mercy rule

Not so fast, much like the Chargers, the Browns are much better than their record indicates. I see another game like this one. Low scoring, struggling to move the ball, etc. 

I do not think we blow out the Browns.
(11-13-2017, 02:33 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]They seemed to give Detroit all they could handle in Detroit.

I sure hope we can get healthy for the Browns, and I sure hope we don't take them lightly.

Bullseye,  it would indeed be a mistake for the Jaguars or any team to take the Browns lightly.   Though the Browns had 8 extra days rest compared to the Lions,  it wasn't surprising to me that the Lions had quite a battle against the Browns.  That much more with DE Myles Garrett returning from a concussion and the Lions not having Ziggy Ansah and T.J. Lang.   The Browns youth caught up to them yesterday.   But from a talent standpoint,  check out what Glover Quin had to say about the Browns:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/201...iver_index

The Jaguars Defense is good enough to limit the Browns Offense for the most part if the unit is focused.  But a low scoring game from the standpoint of both teams Offenses producing points seems more likely than not.  A Jaguars 16-10 type of win is much more likely than a high scoring game.
(11-13-2017, 02:48 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2017, 12:16 AM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]They are the worst team in the league. We have to destroy them. I'm thinking to the point where they need to apply the mercy rule

Not so fast, much like the Chargers, the Browns are much better than their record indicates. I see another game like this one. Low scoring, struggling to move the ball, etc. 

I do not think we blow out the Browns.

This is my assessment as well. 

Regardless if the Browns even win a game this season,  they have much more talent than the typical team that will likely get a top 3 pick in the next draft.  IMHO,  lack of experience is their 2nd greatest obstacle,  with dysfunction in their organization being # 1.
I think this will be a much easier victory for the Jags than the rest of you. Kizer is far and away the worst starting QB in the league. I don't see how they will manage to move the ball against us. And their pass defense is horrendous, I think it will be a get well game for Blake. 24-6 Jags.
You predicted a win against NY too. Just sayin.

I think our offense is too much for them. Their defense is pretty decent.
(11-13-2017, 05:18 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]You predicted a win against NY too. Just sayin.

I think our offense is too much for them. Their defense is pretty decent.

I can agree with this on paper, but the fact is you have to go out and play these games and this one is after a very exhausting game at home and you are going up to chilly Cleveland to battle a team hungry for win #1. I sill think we win, but I think its a 1 possession win. Something like 17-13.
If you go into this game with a lackadaisical attitude, you’re going to give the Browns their first win, and in turn, deal a devastating blow to the morale of this team at a crucial point in the season. The Browns will win a game or two this season, count on it.

It's not like college, where the worst team can expect to get blown out.   The worst team in the NFL isn't that bad.

The problem I can see for us in the future is, we are losing WRs at a time when other teams are stacking the line of scrimmage to limit our running game.
(11-13-2017, 07:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

It's not like college, where the worst team can expect to get blown out.   The worst team in the NFL isn't that bad.

The problem I can see for us in the future is, we are losing WRs at a time when other teams are stacking the line of scrimmage to limit our running game.
Thank God we drafted Westbrook.  I hope he is ready, if he isn't active this week It a a bit of a concern.  I think he will be ready though
(11-13-2017, 12:28 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]Gonna take the trip to Cleveland for the game. $40 tickets on field level at the 50 yard line.

I'll be right there with ya!  Sec 108 Row 1, gotta love when the Jags go to Cleveland!!

My poor wife is a lifelong Browns fan, so I can't get TOO hyped lol
Don't take the Browns lightly. Lions about gave one up to them. Still all NFL players on that team.
The Lions aren't a terrible team, and Cleveland pushed back hard against them. That game appeared to be tooth and nail all the way...

This game won't be any different. Jacksonville needs to be ready to assert themselves early. They have to. Playing catch up like they did against the Chargers is one way to get bit in the [BLEEP].

At least Cleveland DOESN'T have a future hall of fame QB on their roster....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8