Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Telvin Smith restructures deal with Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Telvin Smith restructures deal with Jaguars https://t.co/POT6THTdmA

We got even more cap space now

@fieldyates Source: the Jaguars wound up converting an $8M roster bonus due this past Sunday to LB Telvin Smith into a signing bonus, creating $6M in cap space for 2018.
Wow. It's almost like the FO knows what they're doing or something.

Oh wait...that's a 'narrative'.
This move, plus release of Allen Hurns and Marcedes Lewis on Tuesday, have resulted in $16.75 million in additional cap space. https://t.co/vIQlMbyxVb
I wonder who they are targeting with all that new money?
(03-21-2018, 07:49 AM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Telvin Smith restructures deal with Jaguars https://t.co/POT6THTdmA

We got even more cap space now

@fieldyates Source: the Jaguars wound up converting an $8M roster bonus due this past Sunday to LB Telvin Smith into a signing bonus, creating $6M in  cap space for 2018.

So, you're not going to cry about this move?
Maybe something's brewing
(03-21-2018, 08:03 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder who they are targeting with all that new money?

I've wondered about that.

I also wonder if they are generating a cushion to roll over into next year.
(03-21-2018, 08:18 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2018, 08:03 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder who they are targeting with all that new money?

Don't need to spend it.  Won't the Jags have the highest cap number in 2019?

Time to start saving to resign the young guys.
(03-21-2018, 08:04 AM)Achilles Wrote: [ -> ]So, you're not going to cry about this move?

Give him time....

I think this is the more likely scenario, unless they're looking at a backup QB.
(03-21-2018, 08:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2018, 08:18 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I've wondered about that.

Time to start saving to resign the young guys.

Doesn’t this increase his cap number the following years (2019 on)? Wouldn’t it be better to keep it lower when the younger guys come up? Unless the rollover outweighs that.
(03-21-2018, 08:40 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2018, 08:18 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I've wondered about that.

I think this is the more likely scenario, unless they're looking at a backup QB.

There's no one left worth signing.
Couldn't we restructure someone elses contract so that its more front loaded? If we have 16 mill of dead money, I would think you would want to front load some long term guys like Norwell.

Unless I don't understand cap rollover... I didn't think that was a thing. Even if the cap rollover was legit, why restructure Telvin? Seems like a waste of time and effort.
Who is eligible to be extended that we are 100% going to try and extend?
Maybe there is an early extension coming.

Actually the cap to me is only slightly less confusing than the NBA cap so I shouldn't even guess stuff.
What would the Jags have to give up to move up close enough to get a QB? I see Cleveland's 4th pick in round 1 would be the target. Next years first and 3rd maybe... lol, wishful thinking...
(03-21-2018, 09:31 AM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]What would the Jags have to give up to move up close enough to get a QB? I see Cleveland's 4th pick in round 1 would be the target. Next years first and 3rd maybe... lol, wishful thinking...

I just don't think we need to sell our soul for a top 3 QB. I mean... what if the Jets draft Josh Allen or Rosen and they bust? They are gonna be screwed for a long long time. Eagles won with Nick Foles. I think that we need to keep doing our thing and eventually the right QB will fall our way.
(03-21-2018, 09:31 AM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]What would the Jags have to give up to move up close enough to get a QB? I see Cleveland's 4th pick in round 1 would be the target. Next years first and 3rd maybe... lol, wishful thinking...

Next years 1st and 3rd to move up 25 spots?  Lol
(03-21-2018, 09:34 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: [ -> ]

I just don't think we need to sell our soul for a top 3 QB. I mean... what if the Jets draft Josh Allen or Rosen and they bust? They are gonna be screwed for a long long time.

Ya, nothing is guaranteed. The team has something up their sleeves, I can only think they mean to make splash in the draft... IDK...something..The Jags need another QB or two...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6