Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Team Rebuild again in 2019?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Team has missed SB window and it's gonna need close to full rebuild (at least on offense) starting 2019.  

Front 4 is going to be reshuffled.  Fowler is already gone, Bryan was brought in to replace Campbell but hasn't done anything yet, either Darius or Jackson will be gone next year... possibly both, Church is getting replaced by Harrison, Telvin is shadow of his old self, Jacks is playing decent, we're set at CB/Nickel and FS/SS.

On offense we're a mess.  Robinson when not injured is average at best at LT, Norwell is regressing every game, Linder is decent, AJ is pretty much gone next year, Parnell struggles BIG time against speed rushers and we have yet to see Richardson.  Aside from Linder we could use upgrade at every spot on O-Line and not to mention this unit gets no push at all in the run game.  Bortles will be with team next year, but he's pretty much done.  Fournete is starting to look like a bust, not because of his play but because he can't stay healthy, same issue at LSU.  We don't know what Hyde can do and TJ and Grant will most likely be gone next year.  WR... aside from Westbrook we are garbage.  I hope in coming weeks Charks gets more reps over Cole or Moncrief.  He has the talent but just needs more reps.  Cole is working himself out of lineup and Moncrief just plays lazy.  Lee when healthy is not #1 on any team.  ASJ hasn't shown anything even when healthy and he is injury prone (same thing at Jets) and we have no one behind him.  

These coming 2-3 years are going to be LOOONNNNNGGG...
Reload*

No need to rebuild. The offense just needs an injection of leadership, its playing with no confidence or swagger.
(11-01-2018, 11:21 AM)jagshype Wrote: [ -> ]Reload*

No need to rebuild. The offense just needs an injection of leadership, its playing with no confidence or swagger.

Whole team is playing with no confidence
everyone needs to stop crying. our entire team is decimated with injuries.
Teams are always rebuilding. We're going to need to address a few big contracts on defense next year, so there will more than likely be some critical components gone unless they're willing to rework their contracts to be more affordable for the team.
(11-01-2018, 11:50 AM)ramseyx20 Wrote: [ -> ]everyone needs to stop crying. our entire team is decimated with injuries.

Exactly.  We enjoyed a pretty injury free season last year.  There were a couple of major players hurt, but for the most part, particularly on defense, the team remained healthy which is pretty unusual.  We're simply making up for that this year with so many key players lost to injuries.
campbell has proved me wrong he looks good. still like dante though

dareus has done well

jackson was the problem
It sucks just one season after a close SB run we are talking this.... But it's true. We need changes; mostly on offense. The problem is that we have so much money on the defensive side of the ball, it can prevent some of that. So we'll have to let go some of these great players on the defensive side of the ball and refresh the offense. We have to be aggressive and fill our QB spot. We have got to hit on a freakin QB. We haven't had a legitimate QB since Brunell.... And we have to get a legit #1 WR. Our best WR is Westbrook. But he's not a #1 and fits best in the slot. Cole is at best a #3 or #4. I think our RB spot is good with Yeldon, Hyde, and Fournette (if he can stay healthy; don't forget that Freddy T was though of an injury prone... Let's give him some time!). The Oline needs another strong player and we need more qualify depth. I don't think it's a rebuild; but we definitely need changes.
(11-01-2018, 12:00 PM)ramseyx20 Wrote: [ -> ]fowler > calais. calais is old and has one move. dante has speed and everything else. they never gave dante a chance to shine. we signed calais to a huge deal and yannick was going to be given the opportunity bc his contract was cheaper so they wanted to see what they got from him...

ever since dareus came to our team our defense sucks

there’s no push in the middle

Wow.
(11-01-2018, 12:00 PM)ramseyx20 Wrote: [ -> ]fowler > calais. calais is old and has one move. dante has speed and everything else. they never gave dante a chance to shine. we signed calais to a huge deal and yannick was going to be given the opportunity bc his contract was cheaper so they wanted to see what they got from him...

ever since dareus came to our team our defense sucks

there’s no push in the middle

Step away from the bong.
I think we keep Jackson and Dareus. One or both will be gone in 2020 though along with campbell
I can see two of three defensive lineman gone next year. Restructuring seems out of the question considering the whole team is a mess. The good news is the upcoming draft is chock full of defensive lineman. Unfortunately the QB position leaves a lot to be desired, meaning Bortles more than likely will be the starter since there's few prospects in the draft and absolutely no free agents worthy of upgrading the position. Oh well, at least we had last year.
Jackson would go before Dareus
If they cut Bortles after the season the team only saves a few mil. We're well over the cap having to cut one of our DLs just to get under, so we can't just hang onto the rest of his cap hit as dead money. We'd need that money to pay for a replacement at QB. With that in mind, I feel like the team either has to trade Bortles for a 6th or 7th round pick or else continue to start him in 2019. If a rookie QB were to replace him in say mid-2019, that would be ok. After that season we can cut him no sweat. For Blake to start the 2020 season, he'd have to play like he did in 2015 pretty much from here on out and especially next year. 
(11-01-2018, 11:10 AM)KingJones Wrote: [ -> ]Team has missed SB window 
I stopped right there.
A full rebuild is a little dramatic. 

Maybe in 2-3 more seasons.
The whole offense needs a rebuild.

There are problems on offense from top to bottom.
(11-01-2018, 04:41 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]The whole offense needs a rebuild.  

Offense needs a QB, a RG, a TE and more tackle depth behind Richardson.

That's not a [BLEEP] rebuild.

It's four players.
(11-01-2018, 04:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2018, 04:41 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]The whole offense needs a rebuild.  

Offense needs a QB, a RG, a TE and more tackle depth behind Richardson.

It's four players.

Says you

Bortles has so far proven he is not the guy at QB and I guess Kessler hasn't shown them enough
We have no real threat at WR
Cam Robnsion is average at best at LT with little depth.  The team needs 2 guards and 1 tackle maybe 2 depending on Panrell's future
RB:  Fournette can't stay on the field and Hyde has never had a 1,000 yards in a season
Jenkins showed little while at tight end and there is no real threat at the position

I would call that a rebuild
(11-01-2018, 04:51 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2018, 04:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Offense needs a QB, a RG, a TE and more tackle depth behind Richardson.

It's four players.

Says you

Bortles has so far proven he is not the guy at QB and I guess Kessler hasn't shown them enough
We have no real threat at WR
Cam Robnsion is average at best at LT with little depth.  The team needs 2 guards and 1 tackle maybe 2 depending on Panrell's future
RB:  Fournette can't stay on the field and Hyde has never had a 1,000 yards in a season
Jenkins showed little while at tight end and there is no real threat at the position

I would call that a rebuild

Cam had a few struggles, but he was doing a fine job and projects to start at LT for many years on end.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5