Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: History Teacher Stomps on American Flag in Classroom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
This Monday a North Carolina high school teacher put an American flag on the floor and stomped on it as part of a classroom "lesson".

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/09/2...sroom.html

I think the 1st Amendment can be taught without a publicity-seeking visual demonstration.

If true, he needs to be taught some manners. Old school style IMO. Then fired as quickly as he threw down that flag.

Quote:If true, he needs to be taught some manners. Old school style IMO. Then fired as quickly as he threw down that flag.

What's the old school style?
Quote:What's the old school style?
You beat the hell out of him all the while telling him what a punk he is. Don't you know anything boy?
Next he'll be teaching his students how to properly protest, riot, loot and burn things down.

Quote:Next he'll be teaching his students how to properly protest, riot, loot and burn things down.

The new American way.
I can see it now. Some pissed off Marine with kids in this punks class. "See kids, you can also throw a human down and stomp on it just as easy, and it makes a lot more funny noises".

Quote:I can see it now. Some [BAD WORD REMOVED] off Marine with kids in this punks class. "See kids, you can also throw a human down and stomp on it just as easy, and it makes a lot more funny noises".

This is so totally wrong...but I couldn't help but laugh at it.
Quote:This is so totally wrong...but I couldn't help but laugh at it.
Is it Bunny, is it really wrong?
Quote:Is it Bunny, is it really wrong?

Yeah it is. But message board policies won't let us speak about why it's wrong. Worship of idols and all that jazz.
Quote:I can see it now. Some [BAD WORD REMOVED] off Marine with kids in this punks class. "See kids, you can also throw a human down and stomp on it just as easy, and it makes a lot more funny noises".

Fort Bragg is just a few miles away.  He might have picked the wrong town.
I probably wouldn't whip his [BAD WORD REMOVED]...but I'd definitely pull my kid from his class.

Edit...I'm a poet and didn't know it.

SMH at all the political correctness in this topic.  Apparently the first amendment doesn't matter when it comes to the flag.  I mean criticize his actions all you want--that's fair game.  But to call for him to be fired is a bit hypocritical when the same people complain about Curt Schilling being fired from ESPN.  

Quote:SMH at all the political correctness in this topic.  Apparently the first amendment doesn't matter when it comes to the flag.  

I know right? Next the teacher should wear a Rhodesian flag and dance on top of a Pan-African flag.

Liek its just a lesson in freedom of speech lol
Quote:SMH at all the political correctness in this topic.  Apparently the first amendment doesn't matter when it comes to the flag.  I mean criticize his actions all you want--that's fair game.  But to call for him to be fired is a bit hypocritical when the same people complain about Curt Schilling being fired from ESPN.

Freedom of speech...they are just exercising their rights too.
I guess with me having served 23 years in the U.S. Navy, the American flag just means more to me than some.  But sure, exercise your rights...you have that right.

I've said it before and I'll say it here again.......

Unless you've risked coming home UNDER the flag, do not stomp on, burn, or Desecrate the flag

Punks need to learn respect

i really lost all hope for this country. its going to continue to devolve into more chaos until it completely destroys itself.  i know, it could be worse.  i believe it will get worse.

There are thousands of Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines that stay up each and every night, all night long while you are sleeping in your comfortable bed, protecting your rights to stomp on the American flag.  If that's what makes you feel good...have at it.

I wonder if I stomped on a Rainbow flag how many of those punks would try to get me to stop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6