Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hypothetical Trade idea - Deshaun Watson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I saw this on a AFCS FB page I follow. Someone said they would give our 1st overall pick for Deshaun Watson because they "have seen what he can do"

I laughed, thought about it, and then laughed some more. There is NO WAY I would trade the potential of Trevor Lawrence for Deshaun Watson, even on cheap contract.

You wouldn't trade Aaron Rodgers, Pat Mahomes, prime Peyton/Brees for Watson. No possible way. And that's the type of talent Lawrence can be. This is along the lines of people on twitter and whatnot saying to take Fields/Wilson or even Mac Jones ahead of Lawrence... just stupid.

But it bears asking, would you trade *this years* #1 for Watson? With Lawrence on the line. Not talking about a #1 where the top pick is Eric Fisher or even a Chase Young type DE.
No deal!
Are they throwing in the rest of their drafts for the next 10 years? Cause I might consider it then. Might.
No thanks
Saying it as LOUD as I can.

NOPE!!! We Pass.

NH3...
No way. Give me him and all your draft picks for the next couple of years, then we can talk.
Deshaun Watson is an electric player, but he’s not ideal for a franchise QB

From what I’ve watched, he often breaks down after 2 reads and looks to run.

I’ll take my chances with Trevor Lawrence
No deal. It takes an elite QB to be a playoff team each year.
No. Next question.
I heard someone making the argument that you would take Herbert over Lawrence as youve seen him play in the NFL so you can judge him better.

I get the logic but that logic would also tell you to take Henne over Lawrence.
Burn this thread..
First of all, no thanks to that trade.

Now, can Watson even be traded with that deal?
I knew you guys would be the voice of reason on this lol

I had 2 people (Jags fans even) telling me I was wrong for not wanting Watson over Lawrence.
(01-07-2021, 04:27 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, no thanks to that trade.

Now, can Watson even be traded with that deal?

Haha, he waited too long. He didn't learn how to do it correctly from Ramsey. His cap hit isn't terrible for a QB, but I wouldn't take on it unless I was close and needed a QB to win.
Apparently Watson's deal is very tradeable according to Twitter. I kinda hope he gets traded to the NFC and the Texans proceed to suck even worse for the foreseeable future.

I think Watson is a very good QB, but he doesn't elevate the team. He's basically Sam Darnold.
(01-07-2021, 05:03 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently Watson's deal is very tradeable according to Twitter.  I kinda hope he gets traded to the NFC and the Texans proceed to suck even worse for the foreseeable future.

I think Watson is a very good QB, but he doesn't elevate the team.  He's basically Sam Darnold.

Wait.... what?

I hope Watson gets traded out of the division too. But Darnold is hot garbage
(01-07-2021, 05:17 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2021, 05:03 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently Watson's deal is very tradeable according to Twitter.  I kinda hope he gets traded to the NFC and the Texans proceed to suck even worse for the foreseeable future.

I think Watson is a very good QB, but he doesn't elevate the team.  He's basically Sam Darnold.

Wait.... what?

I hope Watson gets traded out of the division too. But Darnold is hot garbage

Let me clarify.  Darnold has an immense amount of talent, but it results in zero wins for his team because he has nothing around him.  And that lack of a surrounding cast has virtually ruined him.

Watson nets maybe 5 wins for the Texans for the next several years.  That's all I mean.
You trade Watson to Miami, they are ready to compete and contend. They have assets. The Jaguars are basically the Texans. He won 4 games there, he’d win 4 games here. We are rebuilding. We don’t need a 100 million dollar quarterback right now.

I also believe Lawrence will be better than Watson
Between now and the draft EVERYONE (media included) is going attempt to get the number one pick from us for this or that. Why because they see the value of Trevor and want it for themselves. This will come via trade, or attempting to convince us Fields or another player is really in our best interest. All this because he can be the real deal...I pray they politely listen and ignore them.
(01-07-2021, 04:11 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Burn this thread..

Honestly. I saw the thread title and thought wow!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7