Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: *** Official Game Day Thread - Week 1 - Jags @ tinhorns***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's finally here. The Trevor Lawrence Era officially kicks off at 1pm in Houston, Texas against the understrength tinhorns. 

Will Urban's Way work in the NFL? 

Can new defensive coordinator Joe Cullen turn last year's disaster into a competent 34 squad? 

Will JRob take #25 to a whole 'nutha level? 

Lambo, back or no? 

All this and more coming up in Week 1.

Thoughts, Commentary, Observations, and Oh So Much Snark to follow throughout the day!
12:07am

You make JagsWoman proud.
(09-12-2021, 12:12 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]12:07am

Plot twist, that is JagsWoman

I was awake, half lit, and anxious to get the year going. There's no need for insults.
And, the proper number of asterisks in the title, so it is definitely official this time.
(09-12-2021, 05:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]

Plot twist, that is JagsWoman

You are stupid for calling me that, I am not a cat or a woman. I think I'll go post on the Packers board now. Would someone please beg me to stay? Moderators, this is such abuse, how come you let them talk to me this way. Talk, in this case, maens to press keys to make letters form words on my screen, it's silly to think that we are really talking here. You aren't really a Jags fan anyway.

(09-12-2021, 05:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]And, the proper number of asterisks in the title, so it is definitely official this time.

Remember those heady days when we had ***Official Second Half*** threads? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
I miss JW. I wish she could come back.
Only thing that matters today is what we'll see from our QB1.
If we’re getting all JW, then technically the game kicks off at 1200 in Houston, 100 EST.
I am the real JW….and i am not a woman either.
I too was up very late or should I say very early (2 a.m.), also very much lit w/anticipation for today's game. A new era indeed has us drooling at the mouth w/respect to how this debut will play out. I for one am glad that I'm not working and sad that I'm not within our stadium for this debut.

The coaching staff finally loosened the reigns on TL16 and he played Damn Good ball even though I'm sure that there's Much More to come. Defensively, I feel that we're where we like to be but not where we want to be because it'll take a few game for the new players (7 Shaq. Griffin, Tyson Campbell, Damien Wilson, Rayshawn Jenkins, Jay Tufele, Jihad Ward, Roy Robertson-Harris) to gel and truly get to know each other's tendencies. I like this scenario though. Also we need Cisco on the field sooner than later.

Offensively, our OL is in the Spot Light. BIG TIME. They havnt played together as a group yet this season but everyone returned and maintained their playing positions, including their positioning coach so I'm confident until proven wrong. Our WRs of Marvin Jones, D.J. Chark and Laviska Shenault are proven but the next tier is a question mark or should I say unknown production wise. JR25 is the man, I'm glad that we picked up Hyde but I'm sad that we lost ETN. Our TE group will be better than advertised, "Let Us Pray" and the ST will be unknown until kleets hits the field.

I'M SO SO READY FOR TODAY'S GAME, this 2021 NFL Season to the point of it being ridiculously good. I'ma stop here. Enjoy the game Jaguar Fans and hopefully the final outcome will be in our favor.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
https://youtu.be/Zs8avzGizFE

And Here We Go.

NH3...
Woooohooo! Gameday at last!! Been a long wait after one of the roughest seasons weve had, and thats a low bar

Time to snap this L streak and get Lawrence his first NFL W!

Lets go Jags!
We better win. I was looking through the Texans roster yesterday and in my opinion they have 3 players on their team who arwnt replacement level players. Cooks Tunsil and Reid. If we lose against this rag tag team of outcasts then ita going to be a very long year.
Super excited. Its finally here. 3 long hours to go!
Been a long off season.. We've hit the reset button many times over the years. We finally got that franchise QB and he has some real weapons.. Let's make the most of it..

Go Jags!!
Like NH3 says, it’s the O line’s time to shine. Our success hinges on them. If they can’t protect Lawrence, then the draft pick was for naught and we’re back at square one.
(09-12-2021, 10:15 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Like NH3 says, it’s the O line’s time to shine. Our success hinges on them. If they can’t protect Lawrence, then the draft pick was for naught and we’re back at square one.

I'm confident that our OL will protect TL16, BUT I'm not over confident. It has to play out w/respect to several games of True Protection under our belts. Shine OL Shine.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
(09-12-2021, 10:15 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Like NH3 says, it’s the O line’s time to shine. Our success hinges on them. If they can’t protect Lawrence, then the draft pick was for naught and we’re back at square one.

For naught? Seems a little extreme. We can improve the Oline in draft and free agency. We got the hard part out of the way.

That seems a little dramatic. You think they're going to break his neck on the field or something?

For what it's worth I don't think we'll know the true ability of the offensive line after today because the texans pass rush isn't going to be what it used to be, today.

I think the schedule worked out really well for the Jaguars to start Trevor off with a win.