Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: *** Official Game Thread - Week 4 - Jags @ iggles***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning boys, girls, and others and welcome to the World Famous ***Official*** Jaguars Game Day Thread. Today's matchup features an ascending Jaguars team traveling to one of the truly vile places in the NFL, Lincoln Financial Field, home of a pretty good Philadelphia eagles team and their infamous fan base of miscreants. Long known as the mutant offshoot of NFL fandom, the denizens of that stadium are on the record for booing Santa Claus, throwing ice balls at broadcasters, hurling batteries at players, punching horses (yes, really), and for other drunken, boorish behavior so over the top that the city put a jail, courtroom, and judge onsite in the bowels of the old Veteran's Stadium to expedite the weekly list of criminals through the justice system. In short, it's one Nurse Ratched short of being Salem State Hospital. I think the action on the field will be exciting, but the ongoing LivePD episode filming in the stands tends to distract from their games.

On the field we are all excited to the see the 2-1 Jaguars face a stern test against one of the best teams in the NFC. A young Jags group coming off another absolute beat down of an AFC power gets to face a different challenge today. The undefeated eagles team, led by dual threat QB Jalen Hurts and several talented skill players, beat up on the Washington football squad last week pressuring Wentz all day and racking up 9 sacks in the process. Last week the Jaguars defense harassed and hurried the bolts offense into multiple turnovers, booking both an interception and a fumble recovery, bringing their total to 8 on the season and a League-leading differential to +7. With wet and windy conditions expected today both teams will look to extend their defensive dominance on the opposing squad. 

The Jaguars offense, beneficiaries of that outstanding play, has now outscored opponents by a combined 62 - 10 the last two weeks, and new coach Doug Pederson is clearly getting much better play out of Trevor Lawrence than that jack [BLEEP] we had here last season. Lawrence continues to progress with his understanding of the NFL game as his 115. 5 rated, 3 touchdown performance against the bolts earned him AFC Offensive Player of the Week. The running backs continue to power this team as James Robinson and Travis ETN combined for 150 yards and a TD on the ground. WR Zay Jones led the team in catches last week with 11, but he's listed as questionable for today's game. UDFA Tim Jones might see some action this week and many believe he just needs a chance this season to demonstrate the skills he showed during camp and the preseason.

Game time is 1pm and will broadcast locally on CBS47. Conditions are going to be a challenge with 85% chance of rain and winds at 30 mph.

Thoughts, comments, observations, arguments, and snark to follow throughout the day.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-02-2022, 08:42 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ][Image: giphy.gif]

First of all all of us Jags fans would love to see jags beat the Eagles today.  if a loss happens as long as team keeps game close its ok cause Eagles are NFC Jags are AFC.  its always most imporent to win your division, and conference games. After Eagles we have a division game vs texans at home. What we know for sure is the 72 dolphins will be pulling for the Jags today.   I hope its a good,and pray for everyones safty on,and off the field includeing those traveling.
(10-02-2022, 08:50 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2022, 08:42 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ][Image: giphy.gif]

First of all all of us Jags fans would love to see jags beat the Eagles today.  if a loss happens as long as team keeps game close its ok cause Eagles are NFC Jags are AFC.  its always most imporent to win your division, and conference games. After Eagles we have a division game vs texans at home. What we know for sure is the 72 dolphins will be pulling for the Jags today.   I hope its a good,and pray for everyones safty on,and off the field includeing those traveling.

Three games into the season and the 72 Dolphins are worried.  Lol
Great run down of the game. Pretty sure that covered everything. This should be a fun one. The Iggles look good but maybe I’m just not seeing what everyone else is seeing. They have some talent for sure but they don’t come off as daunting as teams people are considering powerhouses like say the Rams, Bills, or Chiefs. I know that’s just me because After the bills loss and the rams not immediately hiring last years form early in the year people people seem to have dropped them in the rankings but they are a hell of a lot more intimidating if you ask me(again I know I’m probably alone on that one)

for the past two weeks I’ve been biting my nails waiting for the jags to return to that sloppy form I’m used to seeing from the passed two season and that moment has yet to come. Let’s hope it doesn’t show up for a third straight week and this current look we have becomes our identity.

LETS GO BOYS!!!!!
The Jags are pretending to be a real NFL team. They go against the undefeated and unbeatable Philadelphia Eagles. The Jaguars, poor, poor Jaguars with very little real talent will get shot down and will be reminded that the Jaguars are required to lose. Eagles win 35-17.

Go Jags!!!
Should be an exciting game...with our Jaguars coming out on top!
GO JAGS!
(10-02-2022, 09:24 AM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]The Jags are pretending to be a real NFL team. They go against the undefeated and unbeatable Philadelphia Eagles. The Jaguars, poor, poor Jaguars with very little real talent will get shot down and will be reminded that the Jaguars are required to lose. Eagles win 35-17.

Go Jags!!!

I see what you’re doing there.  Hopefully it pays off, lol.
That Eaglesfanreversecowboy69 user better be in here today.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Anticipating an exciting game (that I can't watch) and cheering hard here in NC. Here's hoping for an injury free can of whoop [BLEEP] being opened on the Eagles. Screw being competitive. I want a WIN. But a competitive win. Lol.

Y'all keep the updates here coming during the game as I and any others who can't watch it are counting on you to keep us updated.

Get it done JAGS!
Screw the iggles

Go Jags!!
DTWD
No Zay. Bummer.

HIM JONES BABY
Next man up.

We'll be fine. Or not.
I don’t expect us to win today but maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised.
I'm excited to see how Tim Jones steps up. His first game is a trial by the opposite of fire: cool, wet conditions against a notorious opponent in their house. No pressure, Tim. Good luck.
With the rain and high wind with Zay out I think we use alot of 2 TE sets today
It’s going to be a tough one for my Eagles… No feel at all For how this is going to turn out
In an unrelated story, current Philadelphia Eagles Senior Director of Player Personnel Dave Caldwell met Jacksonville Jaguars General Manager Trent Baalke in the visitor's tunnel of Lincoln Financial Field with a swift kick to the nuts.

"Welcome to Philly, mother [bleep]". 

When asked for a statement, Caldwell simply threw a 9-volt battery at the writhing figure of Baalke.