Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: *** Official Game Day Thread - Week 5 - tinhorns @ Jags ***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welcome to the Week 5 Official (***) Game Day Thread for today's contest between the winless tinhorns and your division-leading Jacksonville Jaguars. It's been some time since we came out of the first quarter of the season with a bit of hope, but Doug Pederson has this team playing solid, competitive football very early in his tenure. Last week's monsoon-like conditions in Philadelphia will in no way be repeated this week as we've enjoyed tremendously good weather here in Northeast Florida. Those headed to the stadium will enjoy a perfect Florida day with partly cloudy skies and a high of just 78 degrees.  

And much like the weather the feelings around the Jaguars are sunny and bright. Today's game brings the Jaguars a chance to Get Right after disappointing play in last week's loss to the Eagles. After jumping out to a 14-0 lead QB Trevor Lawrence turned the ball over five times including 4 fumbles and an interception as the rain clearly affected his grip on the ball. Even so, the Jaguars went toe to toe with the only remaining undefeated team in the League before falling 29 - 21. The Jaguars defense lost a key player last week as Foley Fatukasi suffered a leg injury after just 15 plays and the run defense clearly suffered in his absence. Unable to get off the field, the defense allowed over 200 yards rushing on 50 carries. Fatukasi is out this week which could spell trouble for the Jaguars as they face Houston's lone bright spot, rookie running back Dameon Pierce who is averaging over 5 yards per tote. Aside from Fatukasi the Jaguars are healthy on both sides of the ball as WR Zay Jones and LB K'Lavon Chaisson are both expected to play today. The Jags are heavy favorites today against a team they haven't beaten in years; it's on Pederson and his staff to have this team ready to break that streak going against an inferior team.

Game time is 1pm and will broadcast locally on CBS47.

Thoughts, comments, observations, and snark to follow.
Cam Robinson bday today
DL Corey Peters moved up from PS to take Fatukasi’s spot.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jaguars-activat...35995.html
Go Jacksonville Jaguars
May have to take a drive over to Hooters to watch the first half before I go to work.
PROTECT THE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!
Need this win today
Headed to the stadium now.

DUUUUUUUVAALLL
Shout out to Mercedes Lewis who scored a TD in London
As usual the final outcome has yet to be determined BUT My Expectations are High. Yes, we [BLEEP] the Bed against Philly (a game that we should've won) "So What, What Now?". Headed to My Second Home to watch our Jaguars play well.

Time Will Tell.

Duuuuuuuuuuvalllllll...

NH3...
(10-09-2022, 10:32 AM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: [ -> ]Shout out to Mercedes Lewis who scored a TD in London

What?! Can't believe he is still playing.
Ready for a convincing win today! Crush the tinhorns today
People keep acting like the Giants game is a easy game. When they get a couple of their WRs back they will be one of the best teams in the NFC.
I know it’s late, but I have 2 free tickets if anyone wants them. Is this against forum rules?
(10-09-2022, 11:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]People keep acting like the Giants game is a easy game.  When they get a couple of their WRs back they will be one of the best teams in the NFC.

They still have to deal with Daniel Jones at QB.

For our game though, we need to stop the run and utilize our run game early on. GO JAGS!
(10-09-2022, 11:59 AM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2022, 11:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]People keep acting like the Giants game is a easy game.  When they get a couple of their WRs back they will be one of the best teams in the NFC.

They still have to deal with Daniel Jones at QB.

For our game though, we need to stop the run and utilize our run game early on. GO JAGS!
He has no WRs, when they get Toney back they will be much improved.

(10-09-2022, 11:57 AM)AshtonEMT Wrote: [ -> ]I know it’s late, but I have 2 free tickets if anyone wants them. Is this against forum rules?

Damn, I wish I knew early and I would of left early.  I'm in Pensacola
(10-09-2022, 10:32 AM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: [ -> ]Shout out to Mercedes Lewis who scored a TD in London

I met his mom during a game in his rookie season. She said hi to me because I had on his jersey. She asked me what I thought of him and I said he's an outstanding player and person and will have a nice long career. Talk about an understatement, lol.
Judging by the traffic and the number of people already seated in the 400 sections, Jaguars fever is catching on.
(10-09-2022, 12:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Judging by the traffic and the number of people already seated in the 400 sections, Jaguars fever is catching on.

Nothing like a packed house!
Got to have this one. Can't let inferior Texans keep beating us.

Giants 4-1 and just geat greenbay.