Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: *** Official Game Day Thread - Week 7 - giants @ Jags ***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New week, new opponent here in Jacksonville today. Welcome to the Official (*) Jaguars Game Day Thread as your Jacksonville Jaguars host the New York Football Giants. The 2-4 Jags look to rebound from last week's road loss to the clots where the defense got carved like a turkey. Head man Doug Pederson continues to work on his playbook finally using the run game in the red zone to the tune of 3 rushing touchdowns last week. Meanwhile, first year coach Brian Daboll has the G-men at 5-1 after a great start to their season. Running Back Saquon Barkley look impressive having run for over 600 yards so far at a 5.2 per carry clip. The Jags are short on big men again this week as both Davon Hamilton and Foley Fatukasi are listed as questionable, making the looming task of stopping Barkley a tall one.

Game time is 1pm with an absolutely gorgeous Florida day ahead of us. Local coverage will broadcast on Fox30.

Comments, thoughts, observations, arguments, and snark to follow.
1 pm?  This thread was so late coming out I assumed it was a 4:15 start.
Prediction: 5 minutes into the second half Doug will tell the RBs to carve out a comfortable spot on the bench. The Giants will use a balanced offense of Saquon Barkley and carving up our secondary to keep moving down the field. Between the Giants offense and Doug's obstinance of forcing the pass game, our D will be gassed by the halftime. Jaguars lose by 10.

I hope I'm wrong.
I don’t understand where these blowout predictions are coming from. Every loss has been by one score and the Giants’ MO has been to hang close and win at the end. Oh well.
10 points is a blowout?
New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma all get this game on local TV fox affiliate, congrats to you.
(10-23-2022, 09:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]10 points is a blowout?

More than one score?  I’d say yes.
(10-23-2022, 09:06 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]1 pm?  This thread was so late coming out I assumed it was a 4:15 start.

The Admin cut the ginormous salary I'm getting to do this work so it's my own little form of protest to post the thread 20 minutes later than usual.
Just signed up for the NFL+, 7 day trial..

The wife can force me to go to PA, but I ain't missin to Jags game..

Go Jags!!
I wonder if Washington would trade Daron Payne? If they lose I would throw a offer for him
(10-23-2022, 09:06 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Prediction: 5 minutes into the second half Doug will tell the RBs to carve out a comfortable spot on the bench. The Giants will use a balanced offense of Saquon Barkley and carving up our secondary to keep moving down the field. Between the Giants offense and Doug's obstinance of forcing the pass game, our D will be gassed by the halftime. Jaguars lose by 10.

I hope I'm wrong.

Why don't you believe in Trevor? 

I think Trev will have 2td 250 yds and 50yds running.
Just need to execute inside the red zone and get off the field on 3rd down defensively.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Hamilton and Fatukasi is playing today. Today will tell us how important a good DT really is to this team

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/15842...bKKWArGlmg
Defense needs to tighten up this game. Trevor will have a good game here. And I can see how much more he favors Zay Jones out of the 3 WRs. Also, the TEs need more involvement in the passing game.
(10-23-2022, 09:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2022, 09:06 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]1 pm?  This thread was so late coming out I assumed it was a 4:15 start.

The Admin cut the ginormous salary I'm getting to do this work so it's my own little form of protest to post the thread 20 minutes later than usual.

You need a better agent.  Are you still on your rookie contract?
It’s going to be a packed house. Traffic is crazy. Parking is filling up fast.
It will be interesting to see which corner play opposite of Campbell. Williams or Herndon

In the Chatgers game they kept Williams inside with Herndon opposite of Campbell. I'm really hoping this is Herndons break out game, he's flashed so hopefully he has improved
(10-23-2022, 12:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]It’s going to be a packed house. Traffic is crazy. Parking is filling up fast.

Yes indeed. The Giant's fans definately showed up. I just hope that they, the fans don't try to show out.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
(10-23-2022, 10:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if Washington would trade Daron Payne?  If they lose I would throw a offer for him

Carolina and Denver are teams possibly going into sell mode. I wouldn't mind looking over those rosters for some additional help as well.
(10-23-2022, 12:23 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2022, 10:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if Washington would trade Daron Payne?  If they lose I would throw a offer for him

Carolina and Denver are teams possibly going into sell mode. I wouldn't mind looking over those rosters for some additional help as well.

I think Washington would trade Payne before Carolina would trade Brown.  He would also cost less being Payne is on the last year of his contract.  Washington isn't going to the playoffs so it would be wise imo to try to get something out of him.  Payne would be a huge addition to this defense