Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: *** Official Game Thread - Week 8 - donks @ Jags ***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's the middle of the night but the game starts extra early this week as the Jags and Denver both travel 'cross the Pond to play a morning tilt in London. The Jags are on a bit of a midseason slide having lost four in a row after an promising start to the year. Big news this week as running back James Robinson was sent to the New York Jets in exchange for a sack of beans and a ham sandwich. Fans expect rookie draft pick Snoop Connor to finally make the game day roster having been a health scratch every week so far this year while Jamychal Hasty is now the primary back up to Travis ETN. The donks are expecting Russell Wilson to play although that might be to their detriment as the veteran signal caller has been horrific in his first slate of games with this new team. Rookie head coach Nate Hackett appears to be in completely over his head as his errors have been shown just about every week in a prime time game. While Denver has a stout defense the offense has been simply terrible. Of course the Jags defense appears to the the best medicine for a ailing team as they enter another contest having again squandered a 4th quarter lead, something the fans have seen too many times already in this still young season. 

The game will be broadcast live locally on Channel 4 beginning at 9:30 EST. Conditions at Wembley are expected to be in the mid 70s with some strong breeze that could affect the game.

Thoughts, commentary, observations, arguments, and snark to follow throughout the night.
The dreaded London game where I have to drag my [BLEEP] outta bed at 6:00am on a Sunday to watch a clown show. Hopefully they can start to change that and they actually show up for the game. A win would be nice.
I need my sleep so I aint getting up at 1230 to watch our clowns shuffle around for a few hours
Looking forward to a hopeful win
(10-30-2022, 02:01 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]I need my sleep so I aint getting up at 1230 to watch our clowns shuffle around for a few hours

I'd much rather prefer a 12:30 am game and going to bed at 3:30am on my Sunday than starting it at 6:00am.
(10-30-2022, 02:21 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2022, 02:01 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]I need my sleep so I aint getting up at 1230 to watch our clowns shuffle around for a few hours

I'd much rather prefer a 12:30 am game and going to bed at 3:30am on my Sunday than starting it at 6:00am.

I'd do it if it wasn't a early start for a Monday work morning lol
Real Jaguar Fans doesn't complain about an early start time and or potential Sleep Deprivation. We just take the day off.

LMAO.

NH3...
Let's go JJs
Rainy here to start the morning.
(10-30-2022, 05:06 AM)TownCenterJag Wrote: [ -> ]Rainy here to start the morning.

Oh great, it’s the return of Fumbles Lawrence.
even if its raining today in London Jags will win. its one of the few games i have confidence in jags winning all  because of it being in London.
Morning all....It's GO TIME!
let's have a great game with low penalties and no injuries

Go JAGUARS!
Lets go JJs.

Play hard. Play fast. Play with a sense of urgency. Play like you care for 60 minutes and win the damn game
Duuuuuuuuuuvalllllll.

NH3...
It says ESPN + but all I get is a blue screen.
(10-30-2022, 09:02 AM)MyKids Wrote: [ -> ]It says ESPN + but all I get is a blue screen.

I got that at first (a black screen), but then I reloaded the page, and it came in.
We're gonna have a good game today.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
(10-30-2022, 09:07 AM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]We're gonna have a good game today.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Commercial break now.
Both starting tackles are out today for Denver. Unlike the past two weeks. Lets hope this pass rush can take advantage of another hobbled unit. Maybe third times a charm.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
(10-30-2022, 09:09 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Both starting tackles are out today for Denver. Unlike the past two weeks. Lets hope this pass rush can take advantage of another hobbled unit. Maybe third times a charm.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Yes, but if Russell Wilson is starting today, we don't want him running out of the pocket all day.  So we have to contain him in the pocket.
(10-30-2022, 09:09 AM)MyKids Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2022, 09:07 AM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]We're gonna have a good game today.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Commercial break now.

Laughing