Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 17 - tinhorns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Next man up. Let's go Little. Let's go RRH/Key/Chaisson, etc.

Any news with Walker and Fatukasi?
(12-26-2022, 02:10 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Next man up. Let's go Little. Let's go RRH/Key/Chaisson, etc.

None I can find yet. 
Hopeful the long week after the thurs. game helps Fatukasi get healthy enough to play. 

Really need him in week 18.
You know the player that we should be paying attention to, is Sherff. If he plays, then I think Pederson is going all out. If he sits, I think Doug is focused on the tacks.
(12-26-2022, 02:21 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]You know the player that we should be paying attention to, is Sherff.  If he plays, then I think Pederson is going all out.  If he sits, I think Doug is focused on the tacks.

That's a good point.

I think that Doug likely starts everyone who is close enough to 100% to contribute because of the wildcard long-shot, but Scherff would be a good indicator since he's been banged up. 

Hopefully we go up by 3 scores and start pulling starters halfway through the 3rd Q.
(12-26-2022, 02:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2022, 02:21 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]You know the player that we should be paying attention to, is Sherff.  If he plays, then I think Pederson is going all out.  If he sits, I think Doug is focused on the tacks.

That's a good point.

I think that Doug likely starts everyone who is close enough to 100% to contribute because of the wildcard long-shot, but Scherff would be a good indicator since he's been banged up. 

Hopefully we go up by 3 scores and start pulling starters halfway through the 3rd Q.

This. Earn your rest. Throw 21+ up on them and make it as difficult as possible for them to get back into the game. Let CJ and Snoop takeover in the 2nd half offensively. Give Tim Jones some reps, Dan Arnold some reps.
(12-26-2022, 02:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

That's a good point.

(12-26-2022, 03:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2022, 02:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]That's a good point.

This. Earn your rest. Throw 21+ up on them and make it as difficult as possible for them to get back into the game. Let CJ and Snoop takeover in the 2nd half offensively. Give Tim Jones some reps, Dan Arnold some reps.

As a fan that came on board after 1999, I hate the tinhorns more than most people here.  It always seems it's the tinhorns that have knocked us out of the playoffs. Since about 2004.

One of my first experiences was watching the tinhorns take out the jaguars on December 26th that resulted in us missing the playoffs.  I was at that game, and let me tell you, it was on of the most miserable days ever.  And I wasn't even a die hard fan then.

I'd prefer we beat the snot out of the that team.  But I'd rather be healthy and make the playoffs more.  If that means Sherff needs to sit and get healthy along with some of our other major players, I'm OK with that.  

Hell, we may still beat their [BLEEP] at only 75%.  But the division isn't won next week.  We need to be as right as we possibly can be for week 18.  That's the bottom line.

(12-26-2022, 02:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2022, 02:10 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Next man up. Let's go Little. Let's go RRH/Key/Chaisson, etc.

None I can find yet. 
Hopeful the long week after the thurs. game helps Fatukasi get healthy enough to play. 

Really need him in week 18.

I like Fatukasi, hope he gets healthy for this final part of the season also.
This is essentally a preseason game. Youre not gonna lose any momentum by sitting some starters here. Texans need this loss for the #1 pick, and if i were them would start Driskel. Sit the injured, sit TLaw in the 2nd half. Let the backups get some meaningful snaps. We may need them for the playoff run.
(12-26-2022, 03:40 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]

(12-26-2022, 03:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]This. Earn your rest. Throw 21+ up on them and make it as difficult as possible for them to get back into the game. Let CJ and Snoop takeover in the 2nd half offensively. Give Tim Jones some reps, Dan Arnold some reps.

As a fan that came on board after 1999, I hate the tinhorns more than most people here.  It always seems it's the tinhorns that have knocked us out of the playoffs. Since about 2004.

One of my first experiences was watching the tinhorns take out the jaguars on December 26th that resulted in us missing the playoffs.  I was at that game, and let me tell you, it was on of the most miserable days ever.  And I wasn't even a die hard fan then.

I'd prefer we beat the snot out of the that team.  But I'd rather be healthy and make the playoffs more.  If that means Sherff needs to sit and get healthy along with some of our other major players, I'm OK with that.  

Hell, we may still beat their [BLEEP] at only 75%.  But the division isn't won next week.  We need to be as right as we possibly can be for week 18.  That's the bottom line.

I can assure you this is not a fact. At least not for those of us who have been around since the beginning.
Little steps in for Cam and Gotsis steps in for Smoot.
Jags @ tinhorns draws the dreaded Catalon/Lofton broadcast card.

ugh

I swear - if this team really is on its way to dominating the division and upsetting NFC teams on the road regularly, one of the best things to come out of it is not getting stuck with the D-List broadcast.
(12-26-2022, 04:13 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2022, 03:40 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]As a fan that came on board after 1999, I hate the tinhorns more than most people here.  It always seems it's the tinhorns that have knocked us out of the playoffs. Since about 2004.

I can assure you this is not a fact. At least not for those of us who have been around since the beginning.

Whilst I dislike the Tinhorns, I hate with the burning fury of a million sun's those stinkin T*tans.

I can't wait for Week 18 and stamping on their damn throats, ending their playoff hopes and taking back the South but Week 17 is the priority.

Like NYC says, play the starters, get a big lead then let the #2's play. We've got the big mo, no need to out-think ourselves.
(12-26-2022, 05:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Jags @ tinhorns draws the dreaded Catalon/Lofton broadcast card.

ugh

I swear - if this team really is on its way to dominating the division and upsetting NFC teams on the road regularly, one of the best things to come out of it is not getting stuck with the D-List broadcast.

A lot of the cbs teams are annoying to me when watching the jags .
BEAT THEIR [BLEEP]  !!!!!!
(12-26-2022, 10:29 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2022, 05:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Jags @ tinhorns draws the dreaded Catalon/Lofton broadcast card.

ugh

A lot of the cbs teams are annoying to me when watching the jags .

Majority of the time I just go to a local bar to watch the Jags so really don't get the announcing anyway, but yes when I do watch them at home, tend to put on some Iron Maiden or Metallica to drown out the idiots.
Myself and +3 (all jag fans) will be attending this game! We got great seats for a great deal, pretty close to the jags sideline. It's my first jags away game too!
(12-26-2022, 03:40 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]

(12-26-2022, 03:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]This. Earn your rest. Throw 21+ up on them and make it as difficult as possible for them to get back into the game. Let CJ and Snoop takeover in the 2nd half offensively. Give Tim Jones some reps, Dan Arnold some reps.

Why would anyone think that we could beat them at only 75%? Do you really think the Jags are THAT much better? The Texans are playing VERY hard, and lets not forget they DID beat us IN OUR HOUSE. No we are not that much better than any team. I can't stand when Jags fans think that we are good enough to beat anyone, we had the #1 pick TWICE in a row. This team is good, but they need to play with a massive chip on their shoulder and they need to understand that those games that they won, could've EASILY been losses. How many times have we needed to come back from 17 points to win a game? Sure that's great and fun, but...what happens when we can't do that? We need to get out to early leads, and we need to play every single game the way the Texans are playing right now, as hard as possible. When you start looking past a team, you pull a Dallas vs Jags.

No...we are not THAT much better.

ugh

Spero Dedes is the worst..
This will be a hard fought game.
If we show up with anything less than a must win attitude, then I think we could easily lose
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6