Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Baalke Approval Meter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Welp. 

Strange days are upon us.

A man that was the subject of vitriol rarely matched from Jags nation just mere months ago is proving to have been an asset to our team's recent success and potential postseason appearance. 

2022 free agents currently performing well

• Evan Engram
  • Christian Kirk
  • Zay Jones
  • Foye Oluokun
  • Darious Williams
  • Brandon Scherff
  • Riley Patterson

2021 Free agents performing well
  • Jamal Agnew 
  • Roy Robertson Harris 
  • Dawuane Smoot (yes - Baalke brought him back) 
  • Rayshawn Jenkins

Draft picks that have played well or still have time to pan out:
  • Lawrence
  • Etienne
  • Little
  • Campbell
  • Cisco
  • Walker
  • Lloyd
  • Muma
  • Fortner

What sayest thou, Jags faithful?
I chose 7/10. Some bad signings but overall good. The team is still in it after Christmas, that is something. The bast majority of the credit for the latest success is the development of the QB.
I don't know honestly the defense is still a mess. He spent a fortune on the defense for a bend but don't break unit. The offense is a product of Lawrence being the guy. Take Lawrence out and put in Minshew are we still 7-8 heading to the playoffs?

I'm as happy as the next guy we are going to the playoffs. But lets not pretend it's because we have an all star roster. We hit the jackpot on the QB and we are playing in a horrible division where .500 might get you the division.

If you think hitting on the QB is enough I guess you'd argue Baalke did it, I see teams like Indy with Andrew Luck and Atlanta with Matt Ryan that had really good QBs and never put it all together.

We have a window we need a GM that can build around Lawrence but then field a capable defense. I'm not convinced Baalke is that guy.
My criticism is the Walker pick. Hes a project taken at #1. We couldn't trade down, but the pick should've been an accomplished player instead of th project.
(12-27-2022, 10:30 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know honestly the defense is still a mess. He spent a fortune on the defense for a bend but don't break unit. The offense is a product of Lawrence being the guy. Take Lawrence out and put in Minshew are we still 7-8 heading to the playoffs?

I'm as happy as the next guy we are going to the playoffs. But lets not pretend it's because we have an all star roster. We hit the jackpot on the QB and we are playing in a horrible division where .500 might get you the division.

If you think hitting on the QB is enough I guess you'd argue Baalke did it, I see teams like Indy with Andrew Luck and Atlanta with Matt Ryan that had really good QBs and never put it all together.

We have a window we need a GM that can build around Lawrence but then field a capable defense. I'm not convinced Baalke is that guy.

The offense is also a product of having been provided resources. Would Lawrence be doing this with last year's roster?

Voted 5-10

The coach seems to be the edge for what is cooking. Overall it is nice to play meaningful football.
Corn
Wait until you see the roster next year with all the cap issues.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
5/10 at best.

This team is improved because Trevor is here and has gotten a lot better. I believe if we had Gabbert as QB or Bortles our receivers would be “just guys” for example.

The negatives is that both Walker and Lloyd seem to be overdrafted
Can't we just enjoy the good times without critiquing?
Interesting, I voted 7th and it seems that was the most popular choice. I think he's overall done some pretty good things and maybe could have given him a little bit higher honestly but things like extending Cam Robinson when it seems like Walker Little is as good or better irks me.

(12-27-2022, 10:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]My criticism is the Walker pick. Hes a project taken at #1. We couldn't trade down, but the pick should've been an accomplished player instead of th project.

I like Walker and think he may end up being good, but Key has been playing as good or better in his absence and the addition of Sauce Gardner would have improved our defense a bunch.
(12-27-2022, 10:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Welp. 

Strange days are upon us.

A man that was the subject of vitriol rarely matched from Jags nation just mere months ago is proving to have been an asset to our team's recent success and potential postseason appearance. 

2022 free agents currently performing well

• Evan Engram
  • Christian Kirk
  • Zay Jones
  • Foye Oluokun
  • Darious Williams
  • Brandon Scherff

2021 Free agents performing well
  • Jamal Agnew 
  • Roy Robertson Harris 
  • Dawuane Smoot (yes - Baalke brought him back) 
  • Rayshawn Jenkins

Draft picks that have played well or still have time to pan out:
  • Lawrence
  • Etienne
  • Little
  • Campbell
  • Cisco
  • Walker
  • Lloyd
  • Muma
  • Fortner

What sayest thou, Jags faithful?

Baalke didn't draft all that is listed BUT I'm certain that you're aware of that. Nevertheless, I've been in his corner from Day One (2022) w/respect to him and only him calling the shots. Yes he gets input from Pederson and company but the final decision is his. 

Baalke was judged by some of us via. his past and not the prescent and future to say the least. So far he has done well within an short period of time and if/when his success continues we Jaguar Fans can/will have alot to be thankful for, for years to come. 

W/Baalke acquiring the system correct talent and Pederson's coaching, I feel that our Jaguars are in good hands.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
I think he’s on the upward trend, but still a 5/10. Defense is a mess and he spent a ton last offseason. Still don’t understand why we retained him but he has been an upgrade from Dave Caldwell at least. Baalke has it in him to be a cancer to a front office and he proved that in San Fran. Even if everything is kosher now, I fear when or if things go badly later if “leaks” start and he runs Doug out of town or gets Shad to chose Trent over Doug. Same thing happened with Harbaugh and with our luck there won’t be a Kyle Shannahan to pick up the pieces.
High 7 / Low 8

Masterclass
(12-27-2022, 10:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]My criticism is the Walker pick. Hes a project taken at #1. We couldn't trade down, but the pick should've been an accomplished player instead of th project.

This is what I'm thinking too even if that makes me impatient. He reminds me of the Taven Bryan pick.  

I voted 7 so I'm somewhat positive. I don't expect that all picks or free agents will be good but for the most part it looks ok. If Walker ever becomes what you expect from a number one overall then I would change to 9/10.
(12-28-2022, 08:42 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: [ -> ]

This is what I'm thinking too even if that makes me impatient. He reminds me of the Taven Bryan pick.  

I voted 7 so I'm somewhat positive. I don't expect that all picks or free agents will be good but for the most part it looks ok. If Walker ever becomes what you expect from a number one overall then I would change to 9/10.

I don't buy the Taven Bryan comparison at all.  Taven Bryan was a big zero.  Walker is a good player, he just needs to develop some pass rush moves.
I'm reserving judgement for after the NFL draft/Free Agency period...

Let's see what the roster looks like after Baalke deals with the Salary Cap issue.
Trent gives me that corn vote.
(12-28-2022, 09:09 AM)Jagulars Wrote: [ -> ]Trent gives me that corn vote.

Corn is becoming a popular choice, and understandably so given the uncertainty surrounding the topic. 

Still waiting on a brave soul to align with the unconventional wisdom of a J-Dub/Snowie/JungleCat amalgamation. 
It requires an open mind.
Voted 91%, because I love Publix.

In reality, probably a 7 of 10 right now, depending on how they deal with this offseason and survive a tight cap may make that rating go up. That's really his first true test of his skill and ingenuity.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5