Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump Got Appeal Bond (Edited)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
The banks are saying fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

His properties simply aren't worth as much as he says they are. If they were, he would be able to sell them and use the funds to pay this fine.
(03-18-2024, 03:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]The banks are saying fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. 

His properties simply aren't worth as much as he says they are.  If they were, he would be able to sell them and use the funds to pay this fine.

I don't blame him for not selling to pay this bull [BLEEP]. The banks know he's not getting his money back from this persecution, why would they give it to him? They know how this corruption from the government works all too well.
(03-18-2024, 03:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2024, 03:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]The banks are saying fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. 

His properties simply aren't worth as much as he says they are.  If they were, he would be able to sell them and use the funds to pay this fine.

I don't blame him for not selling to pay this bull [BLEEP]. The banks know he's not getting his money back from this persecution, why would they give it to him? They know how this corruption from the government works all too well.

You're missing the point.  Trump is offering some properties to the banks as collateral.  If Trump lost the appeal, the state walks away with the money and the banks walk away with the properties.  The banks are saying no to that deal.  It's not a question of risk but of valuation.
Elon should pay the bond. Marty and Mike may literally have a heart attack.
I have a sneaking suspicion Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and Barrack Obama are going to form an alliance to contribute the funds that Trump is required to pay. This will be the ultimate sign of unity, and our country will be forever unified.
Has anyone ever tried to get an appeal bond that big?

Once again, made-up fake news in your head.

(03-18-2024, 03:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2024, 03:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I don't blame him for not selling to pay this bull [BLEEP]. The banks know he's not getting his money back from this persecution, why would they give it to him? They know how this corruption from the government works all too well.

You're missing the point.  Trump is offering some properties to the banks as collateral.  If Trump lost the appeal, the state walks away with the money and the banks walk away with the properties.  The banks are saying no to that deal.  It's not a question of risk but of valuation.

Once again you are using made up "facts" that you came up with in your head.  Bond companies (not banks) don't accept collateral to put up a bond.  They want cash.

Whether or not President Trump attempted to get a loan using his properties as collateral is not a known fact.

You are such a "the view" type of democrat.
(03-19-2024, 02:03 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]I have a sneaking suspicion Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and Barrack Obama are going to form an alliance to contribute the funds that Trump is required to pay.  This will be the ultimate sign of unity, and our country will be forever unified.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jm4f1bm5jc96d3kl09...y.gif&ct=g]
I think Trump's lawyers make some pretty good points.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-...rcna143860

His lawyers are saying he would have to come up with about $1 billion in cash or marketable securities to get the bond.  They're saying the bond companies won't accept real estate as collateral. 

Even if you have a net worth of say, 4 or 5 billion dollars, it can't be easy to mortgage, for example, a golf course in Scotland, in less than a month.  And there's no way he's going to hide his assets in the meantime.  He can't hide real estate. 

So knowing what I know now, if I was hearing the appeal about the bond, I would reduce it by a lot.  It's not really fair to use a judgment to bankrupt a person before they can appeal.  Even if I think he's guilty of the charges.  I don't think a single judge should have the right to crush a person like that before the verdict is confirmed on appeal.
(03-19-2024, 03:33 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I think Trump's lawyers make some pretty good points.

His lawyers are saying he would have to come up with about $1 billion in cash or marketable securities to get the bond.  They're saying the bond companies won't accept real estate as collateral. 

Even if you have a net worth of say, 4 or 5 billion dollars, it can't be easy to mortgage, for example, a golf course in Scotland, in less than a month.  And there's no way he's going to hide his assets in the meantime.  He can't hide real estate. 

So knowing what I know now, if I was hearing the appeal about the bond, I would reduce it by a lot.  It's not really fair to use a judgment to bankrupt a person before they can appeal.  Even if I think he's guilty of the charges.  I don't think a single judge should have the right to crush a person like that before the verdict is confirmed on appeal.

He doesn't have to declare bankruptcy.
As I understand it, at the deadline, the state will file the paperwork to seize some of his properties, and that is not instant.  Not sure if it holds up his appeal though.  I don't think it does.

But this does highlight how Byzantine NY law is.
(03-19-2024, 03:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2024, 03:33 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I think Trump's lawyers make some pretty good points.

As I understand it, at the deadline, the state will file the paperwork to seize some of his properties, and that is not instant.  Not sure if it holds up his appeal though.  I don't think it does.

I don't think the state of NY should have the right to seize assets like that when an appeal is pending, especially in a case where the assets cannot disappear.  Trump's net worth is tied up in real estate.  That real estate isn't going anywhere.  So there's no chance of him skipping out on the judgment.
(03-19-2024, 03:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

You realize this then means they actually have to appraise his properties, right? This is problematic for your sides position.
(03-19-2024, 05:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2024, 03:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]He doesn't have to declare bankruptcy.

You realize this then means they actually have to appraise his properties, right? This is problematic for your sides position.

lololol

[Image: SUymp.gif]
(03-19-2024, 05:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2024, 03:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]He doesn't have to declare bankruptcy.

I'm pretty sure they have already.  That's how they know his appraisal was wrong.

Because selling golf courses and hotels is a such simple process and it's done Craigslist every weekend.     Laughing
(03-19-2024, 06:53 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]

Because selling golf courses and hotels is a such simple process and it's done Craigslist every weekend.     Laughing

He's had over a year of warning that this was coming, and a month since the ruling itself, and there is such a thing as a buyback clause.
(03-19-2024, 06:24 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2024, 05:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]You realize this then means they actually have to appraise his properties, right? This is problematic for your sides position.

I'm pretty sure they have already.  That's how they know his appraisal was wrong.

You are pretty sure? Did you see their value of Mar A Lago?

Do you understand the repercussions of fudging property appraisals all in the name of "we got him!"?
(03-19-2024, 07:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2024, 06:24 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure they have already.  That's how they know his appraisal was wrong.

Did you see Palm Beach County's?!
(03-19-2024, 07:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2024, 06:24 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure they have already.  That's how they know his appraisal was wrong.

Well, he heard that someone on the internet said they did, and everybody knows you can't post anything that's not true on the internet, so.......

(03-19-2024, 07:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2024, 06:53 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]Because selling golf courses and hotels is a such simple process and it's done Craigslist every weekend.     Laughing

He's had over a year of warning that this was coming, and a month since the ruling itself, and there is such a thing as a buyback clause.

LOL, you're just making your lack of knowledge more and more obvious with every post.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17