Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: OFFICIAL POLL - Jaguars Message Board Presidential Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Let's see how this poll matches up with the other polls out there.  Please vote honestly.

I clicked on Hillary and immediately ran to the restroom to throw-up.   Sick

oh well, that's life.  

I'm still planning on writing in Ted Cruz.  

I can't envision anything that would get me to vote for Donald Trump  ( or Hillary Clinton,  Gary Johnson,  or Jill Stein. ).

Quote:I'm still planning on writing in Ted Cruz.

I can't envision anything that would get me to vote for Donald Trump ( or Hillary Clinton, Gary Johnson, or Jill Stein. ).

I can't envision why anyone would vote for Cruz, but I applaud your conviction.
Quote:I can't envision why anyone would vote for Cruz, but I applaud your conviction. You have been consistent.

It comes down to being a Conservative Republican and having greater trust in Ted Cruz than I have in the vast majority ( maybe even all ) of Republicans elected officials on the national level. 
Quote: It comes down to being a Conservative Republican and having greater trust in Ted Cruz than I have in the vast majority ( maybe even all ) of Republicans elected officials on the national level.

Out of curiosity, if Kasich got the nod, would he have gotten your vote? (He'd have gotten mine).
Quote:Out of curiosity, if Kasich got the nod, would he have gotten your vote? (He'd have gotten mine).

Yes.  Though John Kasich was far from my first choice,  I would have voted for him in the General Election. 

The exception to this is if he would have chosen Chris Christie or someone else totally unacceptable as his V.P..  However,   I think Kasich would have made at least a solid VP choice. 

For what it's worth,  I think Kasich would have beaten Hillary Clinton.  
Quote:For what it's worth, I think Kasich would have beaten Hillary Clinton.

I agree.
Quote:I'm still planning on writing in Ted Cruz.  

I can't envision anything that would get me to vote for Donald Trump  ( or Hillary Clinton,  Gary Johnson,  or Jill Stein. ).
I really wanted Scott Walker to make more of a run than he did. He has done a fantastic job with Wisconsin, and has done so through very turbulent times (recall elections, unions, etc.).
Quote:Out of curiosity, if Kasich got the nod, would he have gotten your vote? (He'd have gotten mine).

i'm voting for clinton but would have definitely voted for kasich, rubio, or most of the other GOP candidates.
Quote:    For what it's worth,  I think Kasich would have beaten Hillary Clinton.  

No doubt in my mind.  
Quote:    Yes.  Though John Kasich was far from my first choice,  I would have voted for him in the General Election. 

The exception to this is if he would have chosen Chris Christie or someone else totally unacceptable as his V.P..  However,   I think Kasich would have made at least a solid VP choice. 

For what it's worth,  I think Kasich would have beaten Hillary Clinton.  

Kasich lost me and I would imagine many others with his statement that he would legalize all illegal immigrants within his first 100 days in office or something to that effect.  That's not leadership or an answer to the problem, it's pandering.  I get that politics is in many ways a game for politicians as far as what they determine they need to do and say to get votes from certain voting blocs, but border security is a pretty big issue right now and his stance on it is very leftist for a republican.  

If you don't have secure borders, you don't really have a country.  And I don't see how rewarding those that broke the law fixes anything or is in the current citizenry's best interests.  There are other ways to get the illegal immigrant population to come out of the shadows and it doesn't even have to mean immediate deportation.

If Kasich had won the nomination with that stance, I'm pretty sure I'd end up voting Gary Johnson. I don't agree with everything Johnson has said about immigration but he has said some things I do agree with.  I think Kasich would have to essentially win over a democrat for every two conservatives that would've decided not to show up to vote for him which would be a pretty tall order and would probably still make it a close race.  The thing is though that he didn't win the nomination with that stance and likely never would.
Interesting that the poll differs from national polling data.

As soon as the Clinton campaign becomes aware of trumps lead in your poll, say goodbye to the Jags website server.

Now you went and did it. Where am I going to get my fill of genius daily?

Quote:Interesting that the poll differs from national polling data.
It's really not given the make up of this board coupled with internet anonymity. 
Quote:It's really not given the make up of this board coupled with internet anonymity. 

I guess it all depends on how you look at it.  My guess is that this board is pretty diverse in terms of demographics.  I would also guess that most people posting in the political section are probably likely voters.
Quote:I guess it all depends on how you look at it.  My guess is that this board is pretty diverse in terms of demographics.  I would also guess that most people posting in the political section are probably likely voters
All I meant is the predominant amount of posters on the political forum here are right wing and not representative of the populace at large. 
Quote:All I meant is the predominant amount of posters on the political forum here are right wing and not representative of the populace at large. 

I don't know if that's really a true statement.  There are some that seem to be right wing, some left wing and some that are pretty moderate from what I have seen.  Also take into account message board users that may read but not necessarily post.  I made a new thread with another poll that might give us a better idea.
Quote:I guess it all depends on how you look at it. My guess is that this board is pretty diverse in terms of demographics.

Really? Really??? Wow - You don't get it.

Jacksonville is a very Republican city. And diverse? Where??

This is the Jorts-wearing, mouth breathing, yokels chugging Miller Lite through their missing teeth REDNECK capital of southern Georgia...

Billy Bob ain't no demmycrat...
Quote:All I meant is the predominant amount of posters on the political forum here are right wing and not representative of the populace at large.

Right - and it's nowhere NEAR close to the rest of the country.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8