Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dante Fowler Jr is not human
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The violent hands, the bend, the ability to convert speed into power, the relentless pursuit, the instincts, the length, the football IQ. He doesn't even need to stop to ever re-adjust his position during a pass rush drill. He just flows through his movements on a dime. It's remarkable to watch.

AFTER AN ACL.

RIP QBS.
I was most impressed early in the scrimmage when he literally ducked under a tackle's arms, ran under them, and straightened up on the other side to pressure the QB.
This is what he did at UF
I looooove how Fowler acts around the field and plays the game. The way he was bouncing down the tunnel last night, the energy he plays with, pictures like this:

[Image: 2+Dante+Fowler+Jr.jpg]

Such a high energy guy. I think the Jags have not only one of the best groups of young players in the NFL but the most likeable group of young players in the NFL too. Lots of high energy, happy guys and we didn't need to ignore SEC/big schools like Gene used to do to get them.

Quote:This is what he did at UF

He did not bend like that in college.
Wait, I thought he sucked and it was a mistake to draft a Florida Gator with the 3rd overall pick? Where's the group of imbeciles I was arguing with a few months ago? Lots of people on this board were saying he wasn't explosive and would have a hard time against good tackles. Even though he was a force and disrupted offenses in college, a lot of you just said the lineman he went against were bad.

Quote:This is what he did at UF
he looks better than he was at UF.
Quote:He did not bend like that in college.
Yeah he did, I watched him play for 3 seasons.
Quote:he looks better than he was at UF.
I don't see the difference. He was disrupting the OL in college, and he's doing the same thing here.
Quote:I don't see the difference. He was disrupting the OL in college, and he's doing the same thing here.

He looks on another level than he ever did in college. His spin move, bend, bull rush... All thing that while he did some of in college, we're not as good as they are now. I don't think he even had a spin move in school.
Quote:Yeah he did, I watched him play for 3 seasons.
He did not bend consistently. 

Quote:I don't see the difference. He was disrupting the OL in college, and he's doing the same thing here.
I see a difference. He's using a lot more moves than he did consistently at UF. He used them in spurts at UF but he wasn't always going in with a plan, as Caldwell said on Thursday.
Quote:Wait, I thought he sucked and it was a mistake to draft a Florida Gator with the 3rd overall pick? Where's the group of imbeciles I was arguing with a few months ago? Lots of people on this board were saying he wasn't explosive and would have a hard time against good tackles. Even though he was a force and disrupted offenses in college, a lot of you just said the lineman he went against were bad.
That's still kind of the same situation, subpar tackle play. 

Whatever, I'm excited. Hope he's a beast!
Fowler has caused havoc in the backfield for a long time. Nothing changed but the uniform.
Ill admit i was one who didnt like the Fowler pick initially, then when he got hurt i felt even more ill about it.. Especially him being a Gator, but i have grown to like the kid... I really look forward to seeing him grow as a player and just watching him play.. I am glad hes on our team..
huh

Quote:He did not bend consistently.

I see a difference. He's using a lot more moves than he did consistently at UF. He used them in spurts at UF but he wasn't always going in with a plan, as Caldwell said on Thursday.
players usually get better, but he has harassed the qb in college just like he is now in training camp. Hence why he was considered the best edge rusher in that deep class
Quote:Fowler has caused havoc in the backfield for a long time. Nothing changed but the uniform.
but how does his sparq and spider chart look? Thats what is important
Quote:Nice article on him here too: <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/jacksonville-jaguars-dante-fowler-defense-080516'>http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/jacksonville-jaguars-dante-fowler-defense-080516</a>
my favorite part is the last paragraph
I liked him at Florida but he never absolutely dominated people like he is doing now. Even in practice,he was good but never like Easley or Bullard who for you non gator fans were absolute beasts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7