Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bernie to endorse Clinton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
How is this not selling out?

The guy's entire platform is about how the corporate/politician partnership is the root of government corruption.  I had some respect for his stances, but not anymore.  Hillary is everything he claims to be against.  

Obviously everybody is going to say, "BUT BUT it's just because Trump... and racist... and you know Trump racist".  So you stand behind the lady who's ACTIONS go against everything you stand for, but rally against the other guy simply because of things he SAID, which btw are being misconstrued.

What's more important? Things you SAY or things you DO?

It's selling out.

I'm sure he got promises from the Clinton camp that he'd get consideration for a job in her administration.

Doubtful. More likely he got the concessions in the party platform that he wanted in there (which he did). Obviously they are non binding but it's symbolic and it can be argued his campaign has been largely symbolic. In addition to having already saying he would back whoever the dem nominee was when the race began. I'd be incredibly surprised if he took a position inside the president's administration, should she even win. 

Quote:Doubtful. More likely he got the concessions in the party platform that he wanted in there (which he did). Obviously they are non binding but it's symbolic and it can be argued his campaign has been largely symbolic. In addition to having already saying he would back whoever the dem nominee was when the race began. I'd be incredibly surprised if he took a position inside the president's administration, should she even win.

Pretty much this.

I'm sure it makes Hillary supporters excited. But this doesn't really get me hyped up. At least Hillary hasn't said anything racist since the 90s.

Fun fact, 85% of Bernie supporters have said they will vote for Hillary. In 2008, at this time, less then 60% of Hillary supporters said they would back Obama. Just something to consider.

I think the fear of a disastrous trump presidency has gotten Bernie supporters in line.

Just as an anecdote, I'd consider voting for Rand Paul over Hillary in this election. But there's no way I can bring myself to vote for a dude that thinks and speaks the way trump does.

Bernie's endorsement is nice, but I'm waiting to see if he can actually make Hillary actually care about the working class. The jury is still out on that one...
Quote:Pretty much this.

I'm sure it makes Hillary supporters excited. But this doesn't really get me hyped up. At least Hillary hasn't said anything racist since the 90s.

Fun fact, 85% of Bernie supporters have said they will vote for Hillary. In 2008, at this time, less then 60% of Hillary supporters said they would back Obama. Just something to consider.

I think the fear of a disastrous trump presidency has gotten Bernie supporters in line.

Just as an anecdote, I'd consider voting for Rand Paul over Hillary in this election. But there's no way I can bring myself to vote for a dude that thinks and speaks the way trump does.

Bernie's endorsement is nice, but I'm waiting to see if he can actually make Hillary actually care about the working class. The jury is still out on that one...

But Trump gots people, really good professional people, who's gonna looks at it. Confusedarcasm:

I feel a bit like the man sold out, but he had no choice like, he's having to pick the best of the worst.
Quote:But Trump gots people, really good professional people, who's gonna looks at it. Confusedarcasm:

I feel a bit like the man sold out, but he had no choice like, he's having to pick the best of the worst.

Lol, yeah, it definitely feels that way to me as well.

Last time I sat out an election was between Gore and w Bush... I thought that both candidates back then were equally bad so I didn't care who got elected.

In my wisdom, I've now realized that the lesser of two evils can potentially save the world alot of misery!

As to badger's original question regarding what a person says versus what they do... that's a complicated question.

In terms of trump, he has said that Mexico doesn't send their best, he's instigated fights in his crowd by telling his supporters he'd pay legal fees, he's told his security not to give a protester back his coat, he says he loves debt, I mean the list goes on. His words make me think he's unsteady and untrustworthy.

As for Hillary, she's also untrustworthy, but she's not unsteady. I prefer that.

However... I could very well see her become a 1 term president. If she just says pro worker taking points and never follows through once elected, I won't vote for her next time around.

I'll go 3rd part. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt this time, cuz the stakes are too high. Hopefully the gop gets their act together after this trump fiasco dies out.
Quote:How is this not selling out?
It is selling out. It's completely selling out. Look up "selling out" in the dictionary and Bernie's picture is right there next to John McCain's.
Quote:Pretty much this.

hmm, so they are operating based on fear you say? interesting
Quote:hmm, so they are operating based on fear you say? interesting

Well, first of all, I should not have used they... I'm speaking for myself only. I'm not the spokesman for Bernie bros. By they, I should have only said I am voting for Hillary because I fear the ramifications of trump as president.

With that said, I think my fear of a trump presidency is different than the prejudice and fear trump stokes within a specific subset of his base.

I don't fear anyone but trump and what his actions as president could create/destroy. IE create an authoritarian regime that would destroy our constitution and our economy.

Trump supporters are being riled up to fear Mexican immigrants, Muslim refugees, and China's trade brilliance-- amongst other this to fear. The difference is clear, in my opinion.
Quote:Well, first of all, I should not have used they... I'm speaking for myself only. I'm not the spokesman for Bernie bros. By they, I should have only said I am voting for Hillary because I fear the ramifications of trump as president.

With that said, I think my fear of a trump presidency is different than the prejudice and fear trump stokes within a specific subset of his base.

I don't fear anyone but trump and what his actions as president could create/destroy. IE create an authoritarian regime that would destroy our constitution and our economy.

Trump supporters are being riled up to fear Mexican immigrants, Muslim refugees, and China's trade brilliance-- amongst other this to fear. The difference is clear, in my opinion.

Ok, so you're afraid of Trump.  Got it.  You'll fall right in line with the idiots who say things like "Trump wants to ship people out based on race".  I wonder what would be causing this irrational fear based on NOTHING factual.... hmm

You've fallen victim to the fear mongering by biased media outlets. Congratulations.

And it's just funny because all you ever talk about is fear mongering.  Then here you are talking about how you're afraid. HAHAHa

And The Reddit Community weeps..
Lol trump is a bafoon. A carnival yard barker. And he acts like a petulant child.

That is not a leader of a country. I will take a lying politician like Hillary any day of the week. At least I will be ok with some of their decisions.

Should have treated Jeb better.
Quote:Lol trump is a bafoon. A carnival yard barker. And he acts like a petulant child.

That is not a leader of a country. I will take a lying politician like Hillary any day of the week. At least I will be ok with some of their decisions.

Should have treated Jeb better.

Shrillarh is a liar and a criminal. Place her in control and you'll see what a petulant child really is.
Quote:How is this not selling out?

What's more important? Things you SAY or things you DO?

For me, the things you do are infinity more significant than the things you say.

That being said, selling out is the ​way of life in Washington and Bernie has done it before.  When he was first elected to the House (as an Independent), he found himself on an island of one.  He immediately "aligned" himself with the Democrats in exchange for a committee seat.
Quote:Ok, so you're afraid of Trump.  Got it.  You'll fall right in line with the idiots who say things like "Trump wants to ship people out based on race".  I wonder what would be causing this irrational fear based on NOTHING factual.... hmm

You've fallen victim to the fear mongering by biased media outlets. Congratulations.

And it's just funny because all you ever talk about is fear mongering.  Then here you are talking about how you're afraid. HAHAHa

Oh badger,

You were eviscerating JIB in that other thread with reality and common sense.  And now you're just trying to win this argument with generalities while I've given you facts?  

tsk, tsk, tsk...

I know you can do better than this.  But, at the very least, if you know you've lost the argument, just let it go.  Flailing around and not really providing a real response is not a good look.

Again, I've pointed out why I fear trump.  Which is different than the fear mongering that trump sells to his racist cohort.

You have done nothing to dispute my assertion.  All you have done is merely try and flip the argument to say that my fears are the same as the racists fears.  Which would mean that I hate trump because I hate the race trump is.  Which obviously isn't the case.  

Also, Trump's policies are based on bigotry.  Do you believe that the Wall and his deportation policies are not based on culture/race/religion?  I mean, really?  

If those that realize that Trump is a bigot are wrong, prove it.  I'll point it out again.  I'm afraid of trump.  I'm not afraid of Mexicans, or Muslims, or Black Lives Matter, or Jews, or any political group in or outside the USA .  I don't respond to fear mongering of classes or races or religions or cultures...

You've proven in another thread that you understand these nuances.  For you to pretend you don't get it now is a keen tactic.  But I now know you are smart enough to figure out these differences.  So for you to pretend I've fallen into a "fear" tactic based on my hatred of trump's race/religion/ethnicity is beneath you. My fear is the same as all Americans that fears authoritarian control of the government by a megalomaniac which will destroy the freedom of all of us.

You realize there's a difference between fear of a megalomaniac and the fear of the "dark skins" taking over our country, right?  

Trump = megolomaniac (I fear authoritarian rule)

Immigrants, Mexicans, Jews, Muslims, China = The problem that needs to be fixed to MAGA (Fear mongering by trump to make bigots vote for him)

So yeah...  Kinda different.  But you know this.  You can't play dumb with me anymore.  Like I said, you've pointed out in that other thread about the racist "lawyer" that you get the difference.  If you want to vote for trump because you think it'll reset the system, fine.  But don't try to pretend that Trump and the fear of trump are similar.  They clearly are not.

My opinion of Trump has gone unchanged since his days of ruining the USFL. He cannot join the big boys on merit so he blusters and tries buying his way into their club. He is a narcissistic egomaniac who thinks putting his name on everything will convince people how great he is. I don't even think he believes half the excrement he throws against the wall but he knows some of it will stick.

Bernie didn't sell out, he realized he got plowed by a machine and is trying to get what he can into the platform.

Quote:Oh badger,

You were eviscerating JIB in that other thread with reality and common sense.  And now you're just trying to win this argument with generalities while I've given you facts?  

tsk, tsk, tsk...

I know you can do better than this.  But, at the very least, if you know you've lost the argument, just let it go.  Flailing around and not really providing a real response is not a good look.

Again, I've pointed out why I fear trump.  Which is different than the fear mongering that trump sells to his racist cohort.

You have done nothing to dispute my assertion.  All you have done is merely try and flip the argument to say that my fears are the same as the racists fears.  Which would mean that I hate trump because I hate the race trump is.  Which obviously isn't the case.  

Also, Trump's policies are based on bigotry.  Do you believe that the Wall and his deportation policies are not based on culture/race/religion?  I mean, really?  

If those that realize that Trump is a bigot are wrong, prove it.  I'll point it out again.  I'm afraid of trump.  I'm not afraid of Mexicans, or Muslims, or Black Lives Matter, or Jews, or any political group in or outside the USA .  I don't respond to fear mongering of classes or races or religions or cultures...

You've proven in another thread that you understand these nuances.  For you to pretend you don't get it now is a keen tactic.  But I now know you are smart enough to figure out these differences.  So for you to pretend I've fallen into a "fear" tactic based on my hatred of trump's race/religion/ethnicity is beneath you. My fear is the same as all Americans that fears authoritarian control of the government by a megalomaniac which will destroy the freedom of all of us.

You realize there's a difference between fear of a megalomaniac and the fear of the "dark skins" taking over our country, right?  

Trump = megolomaniac (I fear authoritarian rule)

Immigrants, Mexicans, Jews, Muslims, China = The problem that needs to be fixed to MAGA (Fear mongering by trump to make bigots vote for him)

So yeah...  Kinda different.  But you know this.  You can't play dumb with me anymore.  Like I said, you've pointed out in that other thread about the racist "lawyer" that you get the difference.  If you want to vote for trump because you think it'll reset the system, fine.  But don't try to pretend that Trump and the fear of trump are similar.  They clearly are not.

this is the definition of a tldr. summarize that to 2-1 paragraphs and maybe ill respond
Quote:My opinion of Trump has gone unchanged since his days of ruining the USFL. He cannot join the big boys on merit so he blusters and tries buying his way into their club. He is a narcissistic egomaniac who thinks putting his name on everything will convince people how great he is. I don't even think he believes half the excrement he throws against the wall but he knows some of it will stick.

Bernie didn't sell out, he realized he got plowed by a machine and is trying to get what he can into the platform.

Hillary still has a track record of DOING things Bernie is supposed to be against. I guess he really isn't that against it.  Or at least he's willing to go back on all that just because Trump put a star in a twitter post or some nonsense.

Bernie: "Yes Hillary is corrupt and a classic example of everything wrong with Washington... but Trump is an egomaniac. We cant have that."

Quote:this is the definition of a tldr. summarize that to 2-1 paragraphs and maybe ill respond

Oh, come on! You ain't got nothing better to do than argue with me today. Man up
Quote:Hillary still has a track record of DOING things Bernie is supposed to be against. I guess he really isn't that against it. Or at least he's willing to go back on all that just because Trump put a star in a twitter post or some nonsense.

Bernie: "Yes Hillary is corrupt and a classic example of everything wrong with Washington... but Trump is an egomaniac. We cant have that."

Politics is about compromise and elections also have consequences.

Hillary won, she does have differences between her policies and Bernie's policies. As the winner, she's giving some coconcessions as a compromise, but that's politics.

Do you honestly think that the only reason Bernie and his supporters are against trump is just because he's insane (ie a megalomaniac)

I mean, that's one reason, to be sure. But there are others that myself, Bernie, Hillary, and many others in the Jungle have pointed out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7