Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Donald Trump is a racist. Why does he have so much support among conservatives?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'm just curious how his supporters will justify or defend some of his increasingly racist rhetoric? He doesn't even attempt to hide his own bigotry. Is this guy the best the Republican Party can offer. If it is, then God help us all if he somehow becomes POTUS.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump...1464911442

https://cdn.ampproject.org/v/amp.slate.c...amp_js_v=5
God help this country with such thin skin. Thanks for help pansifying this country of ours.
Quote:I'm just curious how his supporters will justify or defend some of his increasingly racist rhetoric? He doesn't even attempt to hide his own bigotry. Is this guy the best the Republican Party can offer. If it is, then God help us all if he somehow becomes POTUS.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump...1464911442

https://cdn.ampproject.org/v/amp.slate.c...amp_js_v=5
So with his comments regarding illegal immigrants and wanting to build a wall between Mexico and the U.S., you think it is a bad thing on his part to want another judge presiding over this? It's racist he wants another judge? Really? 
He's accurately pointing out that segments of our society still bond together purely along tribal racial lines and those bonds have an influence on how they conduct business.

Quote:He's accurately pointing out that segments of our society still bond together purely along tribal racial lines and those bonds have an influence on how they conduct business.

You mean like conservative whites? Why does he go on and on about the judge's Mexican heritage as if he cannot adequately perform his job functions due to him being a Mexican American?
Quote:You mean like conservative whites? Why does he go on and on about the judge's Mexican heritage as if he cannot adequately perform his job functions due to him being a Mexican American?

Yes, exactly.
Quote:You mean like conservative whites? Why does he go on and on about the judge's Mexican heritage as if he cannot adequately perform his job functions due to him being a Mexican American?

Gosh, maybe because it does create a potential for bias in a case?  Especially since the judge in question was appointed by the man who has pretty much used race as his greatest political weapon.

I'm not defending anything Trump says or does, but based on his comments about building a wall and dealing with illegal immigration, he has every right to think there's the potential for some bias to bleed into the decision making of the judge.  Whether it's true or not is irrelevant.  The potential exists. The potential also exists that the judge's political bias could play a role in this as well.  None of us can know the motivations that drive someone to make the decisions they do, and he may feel beholding to the wishes of the man who appointed him to assure that the guy trying to replace his boss is as bloodied and bruised politically by this as possible. That's not unheard of.

Quote: 

Gosh, maybe because it does create a potential for bias in a case?  Especially since the judge in question was appointed by the man who has pretty much used race as his greatest political weapon.

I'm not defending anything Trump says or does, but based on his comments about building a wall and dealing with illegal immigration, he has every right to think there's the potential for some bias to bleed into the decision making of the judge.  Whether it's true or not is irrelevant.  The potential exists. The potential also exists that the judge's political bias could play a role in this as well.  None of us can know the motivations that drive someone to make the decisions they do, and he may feel beholding to the wishes of the man who appointed him to assure that the guy trying to replace his boss is as bloodied and bruised politically by this as possible. That's not unheard of.

Why bother, he already  "knows" that Trump is a racist.
Quote:Why bother, he already  "knows" that Trump is a racist.
Usually, the ones who throw out the "racist" tag should have a good look in the mirror. 
The judge is not only Mexican-American and illegal immigration activist, which may (will) harbor bias, but he is also a member of La Raza and donator to Hillary Clinton. If I was in Trump's position, I would absolutely demand another impartial judge. Hell, the guy "mistakenly" unsealed court documents then re-sealed them a day later. Certainly nothing fishy about this at all...

[Image: judge-gonzalo-curiel.jpg?w=640&h=448]

Quote:The judge is not only Mexican-American and illegal immigration activist, which may (will) harbor bias, but he is also a member of La Raza and donator to Hillary Clinton. If I was in Trump's position, I would absolutely demand another impartial judge. Hell, the guy "mistakenly" unsealed court documents then re-sealed them a day later. Certainly nothing fishy about this at all...

[Image: judge-gonzalo-curiel.jpg?w=640&h=448]
You're going to be tagged as a racist for pointing this stuff out.  Be prepared.

BTW, DOES Trump really have broad support from conservatives?  I don't think so.  In fact, he's made it pretty clear that he doesn't need the conservatives to get elected in November.  So, the entire premise of this thread, that Trump is a racist, and he has broad support from conservatives, so ergo, they're racists too is just about as idiotic as it gets.  Not surprising coming considering the source.

The guy is a member of an legal affiliate of LA RAZA.
Quote:The guy is a member of an legal affiliate of LA RAZA.

And? What is your point?
Quote:And? What is your point?

La Raza is a Mexican nationalist group and the judge is not only a member, but also an illegal immigrant activist and donator to Hillary's campaign. You don't see the conflict of interest here?

Quote:You're going to be tagged as a racist for pointing this stuff out. Be prepared.

BTW, DOES Trump really have broad support from conservatives? I don't think so. In fact, he's made it pretty clear that he doesn't need the conservatives to get elected in November. So, the entire premise of this thread, that Trump is a racist, and he has broad support from conservatives, so ergo, they're racists too is just about as idiotic as it gets. Not surprising coming considering the source.
When he is nominated by the Republican party, he will receive the majority of conservative support, and they will vote for him come November. I seriously doubt based on your political leanings, as evidenced by conversations on this board, that you will vote for Hillary so let's be honest here. The premise of this thread is that Trump is a racist. I know that term is baffling to some who have never experienced true discrimination, or been called hateful names or even profiled because you look a certain way.
Mexico has very strict laws about unauthorized persons crossing their border.  Every country does.  Borders are literally what define a nation.  Now somehow the United States can't have one of its borders.  This particular border is a very very racist border.   

I guess it's racist to have a home with a door you can close.  After all, you are keeping people out who just want a better life.  

That means that the allegation of a conflict of interest is deeper than melanin.
Quote:Mexico has very strict laws about unauthorized persons crossing their border. Every country does. Borders are literally what define a nation. Now somehow the United States can't have one of its borders. This particular border is a very very racist border.

I guess it's racist to have a home with a door you can close. After all, you are keeping people out who just want a better life.

Not just strict, draconian. They had a us service member who got lost in jail for the better part of a year.

Lol you don't think being a member of la raza provided any bias.

Guess you would have been cool with a judge actively apart of the Klan overseeing the OK trial
Quote:Lol you don't think being a member of la raza provided any bias.

Guess you would have been cool with a judge actively apart of the Klan overseeing the OK trial

It's not racist when he does it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7