Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hiroshima atomic bomb victims want apology from Obama
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I'd say to them, Apologize for Dec 7th 1941. We didn't start the war, you did!

But knowing Obummer, he'll apologize

Hiroshima atomic bomb victims want apology from Obama
<p class="">Tokyo (AFP) - Victims of the atomic bombings of Japan want an apology from US President Barack Obama when he visits Hiroshima next week, the head of a survivors' group said Thursday.

<p class="">Obama will become the first sitting US president to visit Hiroshima, where the first atomic bomb was dropped on August 6, 1945, killing about 140,000 people in total.

<p class=""> 

<p class=""> 

<p class="">https://www.yahoo.com/news/hiroshima-ato...tml?ref=gs

Quote:I'd say to them, Apologize for Dec 7th 1941. We didn't start the war, you did!

Tokyo (AFP) - Victims of the atomic bombings of Japan want an apology from US President Barack Obama when he visits Hiroshima next week, the head of a survivors' group said Thursday.

Obama will become the first sitting US president to visit Hiroshima, where the first atomic bomb was dropped on August 6, 1945, killing about 140,000 people in total.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hiroshima-ato...tml?ref=gs

You're nothing if not predictable.

And always a few days late.
Quote:You're nothing if not predictable.

Why don't you add something about the topic instead of attacking me....

You're the predictable one.....

Dude, I'll apologize. Hey Japan, sorry. That was kinda messed up, but it was a war, and we warned you.

Still, we all feel really bad about it. We still chill right, fam?
How about an apology for how U.S. POW's were treated by the Japanese during WWII?

Liberals love to rail on-and-on about the U.S. "torturing" POW's.  Perhaps they should be shown what was done to our troops during that war by the Japanese.

Quote:Dude, I'll apologize. Hey Japan, sorry. That was kinda messed up, but it was a war, and we warned you.

Still, we all feel really bad about it. We still chill right, fam?

Dear Japan,

I'm sorry you were stupid enough to [BLEEP] with us. I'M glad you learned your lesson.

Sincerely,

FSG

PS - Thanks for Godzilla and Tempura.
Quote:PS - Thanks for Godzilla and Tempura.
And Babymetal.
Quote:I'd say to them, Apologize for Dec 7th 1941. We didn't start the war, you did!

Tokyo (AFP) - Victims of the atomic bombings of Japan want an apology from US President Barack Obama when he visits Hiroshima next week, the head of a survivors' group said Thursday.

Obama will become the first sitting US president to visit Hiroshima, where the first atomic bomb was dropped on August 6, 1945, killing about 140,000 people in total.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hiroshima-ato...tml?ref=gs

Quote:You're nothing if not predictable.

I'll add. Both are predictable!!  Banana  :woot:   Banana
If Obama doesn't apologize, we'll have a thread somehow criticizing him for not doing so forcefully enough.

I'm tired of people apologizing the actions that we have to take in our best interest. If we would have had to invade Mainland Japan that would have needlessly of cost thousands upon thousands of American lives.

No Apology should be given, they attacked us on Dec 7th 1941, we just finished the job in August 1945.

Hiroshima is one thing.  I would have loved to be a fly in the room when they decided to drop the second one.  

What's it hurt?

Hey Japan,

our bad. But you know why we did it, and to be fair you had it coming.

No hard feelings, right?

Best,

America.

What's the problem?
Quote:How about an apology for how U.S. POW's were treated by the Japanese during WWII?
Sure, as soon as we apologize for locking people of Japanese descent in no-kill concentration camps because Americans were then and are now a rather xenophobic bunch prone to overreaction.

PS: this whole thread is conceptually stupid and I feel stupider for having read it.
Quote:Sure, as soon as we apologize for locking people of Japanese descent in no-kill concentration camps because Americans were then and are now a rather xenophobic bunch prone to overreaction.

PS: this whole thread is conceptually stupid and I feel stupider for having read it.

There is a difference here though.  Let's see if you can figure it out.
Frankly, we were out of line to attack cities and population centers. Pearl Harbor was at least a military base.

Not that Pearl Harbor was in any way acceptable...we had no beef there.

Not going to fault Obama either way here.
The President's press secretary says there will be no apology.

Quote:The President's press secretary says there will be no apology.

If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.

Quote:Frankly, we were out of line to attack cities and population centers. Pearl Harbor was at least a military base.

Frankly, that's absurd.
Quote:How about an apology for how U.S. POW's were treated by the Japanese during WWII?

Liberals love to rail on-and-on about the U.S. "torturing" POW's.  Perhaps they should be shown what was done to our troops during that war by the Japanese.
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Except when you don't want to. 
Quote:Frankly, that's absurd.
Really it was a sad event in human history. I think the consensus (I'm no war historian or expert by any means) is that it ended the war sooner than later at the cost of less lives.... The innocence of those lives lost should never be forgotten but neither should the result of the actions taken. I can't even imagine having to make a decision of the magnitude. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8