Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Kelvin Beachum Signs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/709852079091806209' title="5:21 PM - 15 Mar 2016">51s52 seconds ago</a>

<p class="">Former Steelers' OT Kelvin Beachum reached agreement with Jacksonville, per league source.

Wow.
Nice!

It's going to be real interesting to see what happens to our line now.

Killed it in Free Agency!

Best FA period ever.
Take another guard or center in the third and this line is good to go.
Quote:It's going to be real interesting to see what happens to our line now.
The contract should tell us whether the team views him as a tackle, a guard, or competition and depth.

He's too good to just be depth, imo. My bet is that either he slides inside to guard or he kicks Joeckel inside.
Quote:The contract should tell us whether the team views him as a tackle, a guard, or competition and depth.

He's too good to just be depth, imo. My bet is that either he slides inside to guard or he kicks Joeckel inside.

Lol, Joeckel is too weak to play guard.
He had one of the best offensive line coaches in the league with the Steelers. Very technical tackle ,not so sure how good he is in the run game.
Like I said, not all FA's sign on visit. Happy to show him how much we wanted him. Interested to hear if airport deal is true.
Quote:The contract should tell us whether the team views him as a tackle, a guard, or competition and depth.

He'd make a ton of sense at guard, but prior to free agency he said he wasn't willing to make the position switch. That said, money and/or other teams interest in him as a left tackle could have changed that.
YOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:He had one of the best offensive line coaches in the league with the Steelers. Very technical tackle ,not so sure how good he is in the run game.

From everything you hear, he's pretty average in the run game. He excels at pass protection though.
Bortles approves this message.

Yeldon and Ivory, not so much.

man free agency has been amazing this year. even if he isnt ready to start the season depth is huge on the line. we always get injuries

Manly tears, they have been shed.

So, wait. Weren't the message board GMs ripping the front office for not getting a deal done while he was here?  Going so far as to make fun of the team for trying to get him to stay put and not head back to Pittsburgh? 

Some times these deals require some time to complete.  I'm surprised it happened this quickly to be honest, but if/when he's fully recovered from the ACL injury, he's going to be pressing Joeckel hard for the starting role.  When healthy, I don't think that's going to be a huge issue to accomplish.

Quote:So, wait. Weren't the message board GMs ripping the front office for not getting a deal done while he was here?  Going so far as to make fun of the team for trying to get him to stay put and not head back to Pittsburgh? 
[Image: doc-kick.gif]

Maybe Luke goes back to RT? Would the line be Beachum, Cann, Bowanko, Linder, Parnell? Did we just indirectly bench Joeckel? 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7