Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: State of the Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
If I'm not mistaken, the State of the Jaguars event is starting in a few minutes. Can those who have access to a computer who are watching provide updates, tweets, or recaps? Thanks!
Does that mean this is the official*** state of da Jags thread?

Definitely, any updates are much appreciated. I'm sure the Jags homepage will have it up later as well.
Shad reiterated his commitment to the Jaguars remaining in Jacksonville.  He said they don't just want to exist here, they want to flourish here.

Says the commitment to Gus was for stability of the franchise.

Shad : we want to Win in 2016.

Lamping up:

Local revenue is key.  In 2015 we're moving in the right direction but still a long way to go.

Benchmarks for NFL success:  Wins and local revenue.

Shad's right about keeping Gus for stability......we'll continue to lose under Gus, but we'll be stable

Growth strategy:

-Continued investment in fan experience

-Support the community (they want people to live, work and play downtown)

-Create new Revenue Streams

-Average ticket price

London revenue represents about 12 to 13% of total revenue.

Fan Experience rating maintained at high level from last year, highlights Video capabilities and presentations

In 2014, Jags ranked 26th in local revenue which was the first increase in rank in many, many years.  

Lamping is highlighting the league stadium situation by team now.  Shows the Jags and Bills as the only teams that haven't moved into a new stadium since the Jags entered the league.  Looks like we're going to hear talk of a new stadium perhaps.

Correction above, he mentioned the Jags and Bills as the only teams that haven't significantly upgraded their stadium or moved into a new stadium.  It's more likely we're going to hear about a significant upgrade perhaps rather than a new stadium.

Or potentially just the ticketing increase, in order to increase local revenue, so that a renovation can be a possibility in the future.
Quote:In 2014, Jags ranked 26th in local revenue which was the first increase in rank in many, many years.  
I want to hear about 2015 revenue ranking
We won't hear about 2015 revenue until next year, as the league releases those rankings later.

Quote:I want to hear about 2015 revenue ranking

He said the info lags a year.  2014 is the most current info as far as revenue goes.
Does appear a ticket price increase is coming based on the flow of the presentation.

Indeed, I gotta get back to work now, so no more posting for me!

Quote:London revenue represents about 12 to 13% of total revenue.

This is a somewhat misleading number. With 10 games a year, every game should be worth 10% of the revenue. That means playing in London is only a 2-3% bump.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6