Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trade Lee? Ryan O' thinks it's possible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
There was a tweet/question last night to Ryan O'Halloran (Jags Beat Writer) that asked if he though the Jags would look into trading Marqise Lee for a LEO.

Ryan's response was:

"I think that's why they played him so much late in the year. I'd see what they could get."

With the emergence of both Arob and Hurns and the potential of Greene, this wouldn't be totally crazy. What do you think and do you think we'd have a dance partner?

I'm sure they could get a draft pick but I couldn't imagine someone trading an effective leo for him. The trade value wouldn't match.

I'd rather keep him.

Quote:I'd rather keep him.
Yeah? Even if it could possible net us a good or young with potential pass rusher? 
Does he even have trade value?

All you could get is a third at best though.

Quote:Yeah? Even if it could possible net us a good or young with potential pass rusher? 

Yeah, I would get my pass rusher via free agency. I'd like to keep as many weapons for Blake as possible.
He wouldn't pass the physical.

Keep him for anything less than a 2nd, or a good pass rusher
Quote:All you could get is a third at best though.
If it could possible get us a pick rather than a player, the third round has been very good to Caldwell. 
Quote:Yeah, I would get my pass rusher via free agency. I'd like to keep as many weapons for Blake as possible.
I think Dave will LOAD UP on as many players as he can on defense in free agency, but If sacrificing a potential weapon on offense gets him a player he may otherwise not get, I think they'd consider it. Only because so many other players have emerged. But, yeah I do like Lee and think he could have a bright future. 
I can't see us trading him.  No team is going to give up a 2nd round or better pick for him and us selling him for less doesn't make a lot of sense either.

Lee is an under-valued asset today, largely due to his injuries keeping him off the field.  Unfortunately, you wouldn't get as much in a trade scenario, if instead you kept him on the team.  This team has a bunch of players, but not many playmakers.  I think Lee is seen internally as a possible playmaker.  Don't trade Lee. 

I wouldn't do it.  If the guy could ever stay healthy, he has a ton of potential.

Then again, if somebody would be will to overpay....

Won't recoup value on him. Unless you think he's completely going to tank this season and further drive that value down, you keep him. I don't think they are at that point with Lee.

Unless some other team just loves him and gives us a great deal, I wouldn't do it. We finally have a nice receiving corps, and I would rather keep it intact. A Lee trade and a major injury to one of the Allen's and we would be back to being really thin at receiver.
Like who?

Who is going to trade for a former 2nd round, oft-injured WR who has stayed off the field long enough to go from sure-fire #1 WR to probably the 4th best option, maybe 5th, on a Jaguars team.

Much less give us some player or pick worth a flip.

Loads of potential but we are pretty stacked at the position. I'd possibly do it for a player at a position of need but wouldn't do it for a draft pick.

The "LA" Rams are in bad need for a WR. I'd have to look to see how many picks they have and/or defensive players. Never know. 

Are there any leo's in SF?  Chip Kelly has a track record of making bad trades.  Lee seems like he would be a good fit in Kelly's offense.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7