Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Smith hit on Hasselbeck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hasselbeck was upset after getting hurt. You don't want to slide, you deserve to get hit. Was it brought up in the post game interviews, I didn't see them.
it was kind of a late hit by Telvin Smith. I was a litte surprised we didn't get flagged.

It was in bounds
Quote:it was kind of a late hit by Telvin Smith. I was a litte surprised we didn't get flagged.

It wasn't late and it was a pretty minor shove. Not Telvin's fault a 40 year old can't even deal with hitting the turf.
Quote:it was kind of a late hit by Telvin Smith. I was a litte surprised we didn't get flagged.

No it wasn't. He was totally inbounds when he got hit.
I love Telvin

Hit was legal

Hassleback didn't slide

Hit unnecessary

I don't care
Quote:It wasn't late and it was a pretty minor shove. Not Telvin's fault a 40 year old can't even deal with hitting the turf.

He basically had one foot out of bounds.. you know how this league is and i'm really surprised they didn't call it. Not complaining just surprised.
Quote:He basically had one foot out of bounds.. you know how this league is and i'm really surprised they didn't call it. Not complaining just surprised.

He basically was completely in bounds and decided to let up before he got to the sideline instead of booking it out of bounds to make sure he didn't get hit. Telvin pushed him, didn't slam him, didn't spear him, pushed him.
This is football. If you still wanna play when you're a frail 40 year old that's on you.
Quote:He basically was completely in bounds and decided to let up before he got to the sideline instead of booking it out of bounds to make sure he didn't get hit. Telvin pushed him, didn't slam him, didn't spear him, pushed him.

i'll admit when i'm wrong.
Posted this already but Roy Millers hit on Hasselbeck was a thing of pure beauty. Hit him like a truck.
Quote:He basically had one foot out of bounds.. you know how this league is and i'm really surprised they didn't call it. Not complaining just surprised.
He was completely in bounds when the contact was initiated. That's why no penalty was called.
As I said in the GameDay thread...

If you don't want to get treated as a runner then don't run old man.
What's to say if he doesn't make the legal push that was in bounds by the way, that he doesn't try to turn up the field for more yardage? It's a necessary tactic!
Hasslebeck's tantrum was classic, what a drama queen
The play was still alive and you don't risk letting him pick up another yard or two while he's still in bounds. Telvin isn't a dirty player in the slightest either. 

Quote:I love Telvin

Hit was legal

Hassleback didn't slide

Hit unnecessary

I don't care
This. 

The dude was asking for it by jogging in bounds and thinking Telvin was going to go easy on him. If you have a chance to hit their QB legally and take him out, you do it. It let us completely dominate the 4th Quarter and put up even more points.
A microphone on the sideline captured the following audio......." Help! I've fallen....and I can't get up!"
Too funny !

I agree with that.   I know he was in bounds (barely) but I've seen that flagged before.   It was borderline.  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6