Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why is Jason Myers still here? How inept is this franchise?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
6 extra points?! What an inept franchise. Khan could give a crap about winning with Myers and Gus here. He should be running a circus, not an NFL franchise.
Look at the list of available kickers. There is no one better to bring in. Just gonna have to wait him out until the draft.

Quote:Look at the list of available kickers. There is no one better to bring in. Just gonna have to wait him out until the draft.

With the Jaguars having a great salary cap situation,  I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they make a major investment in a Kicker in Free Agency this coming off-season.  So much probably will depend on how the team brass rates the available FA kickers.  
23-29 on extra points.....so embarrassing. Kickers have better FG stats than that
I bet he is still with us next year
This^
Quote:23-29 on extra points.....so embarrassing. Kickers have better FG stats than that

Including Myers.
Quote:23-29 on extra points.....so embarrassing. Kickers have better FG stats than that

Where did you get those numbers from?
Quote:Look at the list of available kickers. There is no one better to bring in. Just gonna have to wait him out until the draft.

Jason Myers was a nobody in a kicking camp this time last year. I'm sure there is someone else like him in the United States that can kick more consistently. You don't just have to pick from the currently unemployed NFL re-treads.
Is anyone really surprised? They dont care about winning. I hope Gus gets the axe, and caldwell goes out and spends some money. We need it. Myers is a bum. Scobee would be better.
Quote:Jason Myers was a nobody in a kicking camp this time last year. I'm sure there is someone else like him in the United States that can kick more consistently. You don't just have to pick from the currently unemployed NFL re-treads.

Of course you have to pick from those players. How can you sign a kicker who already has a job?
Quote:Is anyone really surprised? They dont care about winning. I hope Gus gets the axe, and caldwell goes out and spends some money. We need it. Myers is a bum. Scobee would be better.

How can you be a Jaguars fan and think we don't care about winning?

If Josh Scobee was better, we would have kept him.
Quote:Of course you have to pick from those players. How can you sign a kicker who already has a job?

You can try out other kickers that have never been in the NFL. You have the CFL and AFL kickers to choose from first. Second there are hundreds of colleges with football and soccer teams (alumni obviously). There has to be someone else out there who is pretty good.
Quote:How can you be a Jaguars fan and think we don't care about winning?

If Josh Scobee was better, we would have kept him.
Lol, if i wasnt a fan, i wouldnt be here. This shows im die hard. We have an inept coaching staff. No other team would kept Myers after what he did.
Quote:You can try out other kickers that have never been in the NFL. You have the CFL and AFL kickers to choose from first. Second there are hundreds of colleges with football and soccer teams (alumni obviously). There has to be someone else out there who is pretty good.

"Hundreds of colleges" obviously means we should draft a kicker. That is what I want Dave Caldwell to do.
Because Hayden Epstein, Danny Boyd, Richie Cunningham and Tim Seder are all unavailable.

Quote:"Hundreds of colleges" obviously means we should draft a kicker. That is what I want Dave Caldwell to do.

Even if the Jaguars draft a Kicker,  it's not a given that he's going to pan out.  Many Kickers that were drafted were busts.  Many UDRFA Kickers have gone on to having very good NFL careers.   Unless there's a Kicker available at a spot in the draft that the team's key decision makers believe would provide good value,  it would be a mistake for the Jaguars to draft a kicker. 

Having said all of this,  it could easily be a moot point,  as like I expressed eariier in the thread,  a veteran UFA would seem like a realistic option.
Quote:Because Hayden Epstein, Danny Boyd, Richie Cunningham and Tim Seder are all unavailable.

Tom Coughlin gave up on Hayden Epstein. Maybe he should have been a punter.

When did we have the other players?
Quote:"Hundreds of colleges" obviously means we should draft a kicker. That is what I want Dave Caldwell to do.

The point is you can find another Jason Myers. Someone that has already graduated, that the NFL missed for some reason.

Kickers tend to improve after college.

Examples are Graham Gano and Kai Forbath. Both were cut as rookies and have later gone on to be productive for new teams.
Quote:The point is you can find another Jason Myers. Someone that has already graduated, that the NFL missed for some reason.

Kickers tend to improve after college.

Examples are Graham Gano and Kai Forbath. Both were cut as rookies and have later gone on to be productive for new teams.

Going back many seasons,  Nick Lowery is a prime example of a kicker who was cut many times but eventually went on to have a great NFL career.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8