Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How in the world is Transgender Bathroom rights a States Right Issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I don't understand how states can be tasked to pick and choose civil rights issues. 

It isn't a civil rights issue. Not everything is a civil rights issue, there is no final frontier of civil rights with the grievance industry. They are always just looking for something to fight for, it's transtrenders now, tomorrow it's pan-racial demi-Q non-binary dolphinkins.  

The grievance industry has turned a mental illness condition into an identity seeking special privileges. By playing into these delusions, they aren't actually helping anyone, it's like taking someone with gambling addiction to the dog track.  

[Image: bbf34af8-09b1-43ae-815a-998b3be01ccf.gif]

Are you transgendered? You don't believe people can be born that way?
It's quite simple.

Even a fake scientist should be able to figure it out.

If not...

You go where your plumbing dictates.

Hoses go boys, must-squatters go girls.

Do you squat to pee, or just act like it?

Irrelevant. You don't make laws to accommodate the whims and feelings of people. You can mutilate your body all day but it doesn't make you a man, woman, or dolphin. 

I don't even have disdain for these folks, honestly, I feel badly for them. In the event of doubtful gender dysphoria, they have known for 20 years that can be treated with pimozide. Instead of treating the mental illness though, there are some people who try to celebrate it, they push kids as young as 6-7 into thinking they are transgendered, and that's a hard life! To make things worse, after the reassignment surgery, their suicide rates increase---so I have to ask, is this helping anyone? I believe there are people with gender dysphoria but it is very rare, and a mental disorder, not a gender unto itself.  

Quote:It isn't a civil rights issue. Not everything is a civil rights issue, there is no final frontier of civil rights with the grievance industry. They are always just looking for something to fight for, it's transtrenders now, tomorrow it's pan-racial demi-Q non-binary dolphinkins.

The grievance industry has turned a mental illness condition into an identity seeking special privileges. By playing into these delusions, they aren't actually helping anyone, it's like taking someone with gambling addiction to the dog track.

[Image: 72500.jpg]

I remember that South Park episode. Good find.

I'm trying to be compassionate on the transgender issue like I am on the LBG issues. It's hard, though. I agree that you love who you love. How do you deny what you are, though? When does it end? A man thinking he is a woman/alien/dog/etc. in my opinion is a strange infatuation or mental illness...take your pick. If it's a chemical imbalance or other issue, does it make the emotion correct and should the behavior be supported and encouraged? Scenes of Howard Beal (Peter Finch) from "Network" are running through my head.

Does accepting what you are and making the best of it sound oppressive? Just curious what others think.
Quote:I remember that South Park episode. Good find.

I'm trying to be compassionate on the transgender issue like I am on the LBG issues. It's hard, though. I agree that you love who you love. How do you deny what you are, though? When does it end? A man thinking he is a woman/alien/dog/etc. in my opinion is a strange infatuation or mental illness...take your pick. If it's a chemical imbalance or other issue, does it make the emotion correct and should the behavior be supported and encouraged? Scenes of Howard Beal (Peter Finch) from "Network" are running through my head.

Does accepting what you are and making the best of it sound oppressive? Just curious what others think.
I think the way to go is counselling, medications where they can be helpful, and time. So many of these people grow out of it. Sadly some of them don't feel the same way after they have the operation and they end up dead at staggering rates. They need love and support, but real love isn't playing into the fantasies. 
Quote:I don't understand how states can be tasked to pick and choose civil rights issues. 

Bathroom choice is a civil rights issue?

On that note, if I walk in the wrong restroom, have I violated the other persons' civil rights? This whole subject is stupid. I don't personally care which bathroom they use, but this certainly is not a civil rights issue.
It's not even a states rights issue!

If I own a building I own the damn bathroom. If I tell you no you cant use that bathroom for whatever reason it's my property don't like get off my property.

Christ you bleeding hearts want to make special categories for every freaking little thing and you'll just trample all over property rights.
Is Solid Snake a tranny?
well .3% of the population is transgender.  Bathroom stalls have doors.  I don't see why its an issue for anyone in government.  is the world supposed to cater to 3 people out of 1000?  There are minorities and there are statistically irrelevant groups, we don't need to cater to everyone that is different especially when you consider transgenders accumulate to hardly anyone.  At some point you have to draw the line and say not everyone gets special treatment because they feel oppressed.  Not having a special bathroom is not being oppressed, especially when whatever bathroom you choose to use has the privacy of doors in the stalls

Quote:It's not even a states rights issue!

If I own a building I own the damn bathroom. If I tell you no you cant use that bathroom for whatever reason it's my property don't like get off my property.

Christ you bleeding hearts want to make special categories for every freaking little thing and you'll just trample all over property rights.

The destruction of private property rights is the primary aim of the left. Always has been, always will be.
Quote:It's not even a states rights issue!

Not trying to start a flame war here, but I am curious about the way you phrased your opinion. Are you saying that if you want to say 'whites only' in your business restroom that doing so is outside the realm of government involvement? 
We really care where people take a dump?
Quote:We really care where people take a dump?

It's not #2. It's #1
Quote:Not trying to start a flame war here, but I am curious about the way you phrased your opinion. Are you saying that if you want to say 'whites only' in your business restroom that doing so is outside the realm of government involvement? 

That's what he's saying. To paraphrase flsprtsgod, the ability to preserve prejudicial activities has long been the primary desire of the right. Always has been, always will be.

What do you think is meant by "states rights"? Or "school choice"?
Quote:Does accepting what you are and making the best of it sound oppressive? Just curious what others think.

That just sounds like life.
It's so difficult to decide which should go where...

[Image: s-l300.jpg]

Quote:It's so difficult to decide which should go where...

[Image: s-l300.jpg]

[Image: NEMA-5-15R-To-NEMA-5-15P-Right-Angle-Pow...pter-1.jpg]

Can I use your bathroom?
Quote:Not trying to start a flame war here, but I am curious about the way you phrased your opinion. Are you saying that if you want to say 'whites only' in your business restroom that doing so is outside the realm of government involvement?

Why shouldn't it be?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8