Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is this the worst Jacksonville Defense of all time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I have to say yes,.  We are at the bottom of almost every statistical category.  We make mediocre QB's look like all pro's and we can't create a turnover to save our lives.  I say this is worst then the 95 expansion defense.  Just pathetic across the board.

Quote:I have to say yes,.  We are at the bottom of almost every statistical category.  We make mediocre QB's look like all pro's and we can't create a turnover to save our lives.  I say this is worst then the 95 expansion defense.  Just pathetic across the board.

Close competition with the last 2 years of Jaguars defense.
We are a feel good team.  We make the other team feel good.

No.  We have a few talented guys at least.  Marks getting healthier will help.

That said, our defense definitely isn't good.  We need a pass rush bad and a better secondary.

Quote:No.  We have a few talented guys at least.  Marks getting healthier will help.

That said, our defense definitely isn't good.  We need a pass rush bad and a better secondary.

This defense is good...minus the pass rush, secondary, and tackling.....oh wait.
Quote:This defense is good...minus the pass rush, secondary, and tackling.....oh wait.
I was thinking the same thing LOL.   These koolaid drinkers are amazing
Quote:I was thinking the same thing LOL.   These koolaid drinkers are amazing
Who are these koolaid drinkers?  I'm curious who thinks our defense is good or playing well.
somehow... I don't think this is the worst defensive team....

we got our doors blown off (a la NE this season) on the regular a couple seasons ago...

like...

28-2 to the Cheifs

19-9 to the raiders

45-17 in the welcome home Bradley game against the eventual Super Bowl champs

we came back home to J-Ville for the clots to whoop us 37-3, the very next week....

a couple weeks later 35-19 and then 24-6 by the Broncs and bolts

we showed it all up in London of that year getting crushed 42-10

and finished the season with another 20 point loss to the clots

just 2 years ago...
Quote:Close competition with the last 2 years of Jaguars defense.

Last 3
years.

Quote:somehow... I don't think this is the worst defensive team....

we got our doors blown off (a la NE this season) on the regular a couple seasons ago...

like...

28-2 to the Cheifs

19-9 to the raiders

45-17 in the welcome home Bradley game against the eventual Super Bowl champs

we came back home to J-Ville for the clots to whoop us 37-3, the very next week....

a couple weeks later 35-19 and then 24-6 by the Broncs and bolts

we showed it all up in London of that year getting crushed 42-10

and finished the season with another 20 point loss to the clots

just 2 years ago...
Those scores were more reflective of the offense not scoring and higher turnovers.  Atleast we could sack the QB and create a few turnovers in some of those games.  This defense is atrocious from top to bottom
Quote:Those scores were more reflective of the offense not scoring and higher turnovers.  Atleast we could sack the QB and create a few turnovers in some of those games.  This defense is atrocious from top to bottom
..... you can try and swing it however you want.

THIS defense isn't as bad as THAT defense was. Period.

THAT defense finished 27th in total D

we are currently 15th.

we were last in the league in forcing sacks that season

we are currently tied for 14th

we are dead last now for INTs

and we were pretty close to last that year.

edit:

add to it, we were -6 in total turnovers then

also -6 now...

The difference? Talent level. It's improved but not enough.

Why not enough? Well... a few misses... some young guys still developing...

scheme? coaching?

tbd....

Not even close to the worst.
Quote:We are a feel good team.  We make the other team feel good.

LOL.... :teehee:
you remember that corner William James?

We're 18th in terms of yards given up...I guess that's an "improvement" but outside of the Pats and I guess Carolina, it's not like we've played a bunch of great offenses.  We're still bottom of the league in terms of points given up. 

The goal in the NFL is to outscore your opponents. The teams at the end of the year with the best win/loss records TYPICALLY have the best scoring differential. Now you're about to see why Gus Bradley is a joke and why we aren't improving.......

Jags History.......

OPPONENTS POINTS PER GAME- RANK IN NFL

1995- 25.3 ppg- 28th in NFL

1996- 20.9 ppg- 18th in NFL 

1997- 19.9 ppg- 15th in NFL

1998- 21.1 ppg- 17th in NFL

1999- 13.6 ppg- 1st in NFL

2000- 20.4 ppg- 16th in NFL

2001- 17.9 ppg- 10th in NFL

2002- 19.7 ppg- 9th in NFL

2003- 20.7 ppg- 18th in NFL

2004- 17.5 ppg- 7th in NFL

2005- 16.8 ppg- 6th in NFL

2006- 17.1 ppg- 4th in NFL

2007- 19.0 ppg- 10th in NFL

2008- 22.9 ppg- 21st in NFL

2009- 23.8 ppg- 24th in NFL

2010- 26.2 ppg- 27th in NFL

2011- 20.6 ppg- 11th in NFL

2012- 27.8 ppg- 30th in NFL

2013- 28.1 ppg- 28th in NFL

2014- 25.8 ppg- 26th in NFL

2015- 29.3 ppg- 30th in NFL

Baconator and the people pointing to Bortles win/loss record are a joke. Peyton Manning/Aaron Rodgers led teams averaged 18-19 ppg defensively opponents PPG throughout their careers. Gus has made our defense WORSE. 

Defense is what wins championships. 

Quote:The goal in the NFL is to outscore your opponents. The teams at the end of the year with the best win/loss records TYPICALLY have the best scoring differential. Now you're about to see why Gus Bradley is a joke and why we aren't improving.......

Jags History.......

OPPONENTS POINTS PER GAME- RANK IN NFL

1995- 25.3 ppg- 28th in NFL

1996- 20.9 ppg- 18th in NFL 

1997- 19.9 ppg- 15th in NFL

1998- 21.1 ppg- 17th in NFL

1999- 13.6 ppg- 1st in NFL

2000- 20.4 ppg- 16th in NFL

2001- 17.9 ppg- 10th in NFL

2002- 19.7 ppg- 9th in NFL

2003- 20.7 ppg- 18th in NFL

2004- 17.5 ppg- 7th in NFL

2005- 16.8 ppg- 6th in NFL

2006- 17.1 ppg- 4th in NFL

2007- 19.0 ppg- 10th in NFL

2008- 22.9 ppg- 21st in NFL

2009- 23.8 ppg- 24th in NFL

2010- 26.2 ppg- 27th in NFL

2011- 20.6 ppg- 11th in NFL

2012- 27.8 ppg- 30th in NFL

2013- 28.1 ppg- 28th in NFL

2014- 25.8 ppg- 26th in NFL

2015- 29.3 ppg- 30th in NFL

Baconator and the people pointing to Bortles win/loss record is a joke. Peyton Manning/Aaron Rodgers led teams averaged 18-19 ppg defensively opponents PPG throughout their careers. Gus has made our defense WORSE. 

Defense is what wins championships. 

Gus might be one of the worst defensive head coaches of all time, the man is scared to make adjustments, much like he's scared to hold players accountable. He's soft as charmin, we've had no success rushing 4 the entire year and yet they refuse to bring a 5th/6th defender. You can't sit back and play zone without any pressure, any QB in this league will pick that apart. There was a play yesterday where Brian Hoyer literally had 6 seconds to scan the field, that's unheard of. 
Truth. 

Give Bortles a top ten D and watch out league!

Quote:Truth. 

Give Bortles a top ten D and watch out league!

He doesn't need a top 10, just a competent defense that can make plays when it matters. There's nothing more deflating than when the offense scores a TD, and the defense comes back on the field only to allow a TD themselves, it's ridiculous and happens every single time.
Quote:He doesn't need a top 10, just a competent defense that can make plays when it matters. There's nothing more deflating than when the offense scores a TD, and the defense comes back on the field only to allow a TD themselves, it's ridiculous and happens every single time.

It's almost like clockwork...I wonder if that's a metric that is tracked. I'd be interested to see what percentage of times our D has allowed a team to immediately score a TD following a Jags TD.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7