Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: All Time Low?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Has this franchise finally gone off the deep end? Looking back before Bradley arrived, I'm assuming most people would agree with me that the Gene Smiff/Mularkey era was horrible.

US fans still stuck together, and we were welcoming with open arms to this new regime. Fast forward to present day, we have a number of issues. Some the same, and more than before.

Currently we stand at an 8-29 record with no hope in sight, we continue to lose, and the coaching has gotten worse. Mistakes on the HC and staff. Which to be nice, happens sometimes, but never to this magnitude.

The worst part is, the fans (us), are not happy because we continue to lose, and now the Jaguars organization has turned on its fans. We've been called ignorant, kindergarteners, and today dumb.

I'm completely shocked, and they are squirming in their hot seats as to how they can save face for this disaster. How is it the fans fault? Why would they blame us for 8-29 and numerous failures over the last 2.5 years?

This is unbelievable, and this is the first time since the inception of this once great franchise I'm disgusted by this team off the field. They need to clean it up and take responsibility for themselves.
How in the hell do you have enough time in the day to ponder football this deeply? Go find a hobby. Knit some cat sweaters, I hear it's all the rage nowadays.
The all time low was Henne/Gabbert.

Quote:How in the hell do you have enough time in the day to ponder football this deeply? Go find a hobby. Knit some cat sweaters, I hear it's all the rage nowadays.

Go away Gus' wife, I want to hear from people that matter.
Add to that we had a Jags player on defense/ST just turn around and start blocking an opposing player on offense/ST while the opposing team player had the ball and was running right toward the defensive player whose back was turned because for some reason was blocking the offensive ST player.

A new low indeed.

No, as dismal as it is right now I think there is at least talent on this roster.

If you feel that this is the all-time low, you really can't have been around during the Mularkey era
Quote:Add to that we had a Jags player on defense/ST just turn around and start blocking an opposing player on offense/ST while the opposing team player had the ball and was running right toward the defensive player whose back was turned because for some reason was blocking the offensive ST player.

A new low indeed.

Beyond insane. And he had no idea why he decided to do that. Makes it more infuriating.
just think.....

The Lions are 0-5

With Stafford and Megatron on their team.

Jim Caldwell a non-rookie HC.

And WAY higher expectations for their season.

Also....

Phins have fired their coach and their D is awful after is was supposed to be their year.

Saints fell off, quick fast and in a hurry. The end in near for Brees, Peyton and Loomis.

the tinhorns idiot coach can't seem to make up his mind which piss poor backup to play, completely ruining Watt's chances at MVP this year.

I think we could be lower....
Quote:If you feel that this is the all-time low, you really can't have been around during the Mularkey era

I've been around forever, and Mularkey was a better coach.
Fans are upset because the team lost two games they should have won. The low point is the first half of 2013 when the team had no chance of winning any games.

We appear to have a franchise QB too.

Quote:Beyond insane. And he had no idea why he decided to do that. Makes it more infuriating.
he was concussed.

ever had a concussion? 
Quote:I've been around forever, and Mularkey was a better coach.

No.
Quote:I've been around forever, and Mularkey was a better coach.
hahahahahaha

the tacks TE coach?

whatever credibility you had....

you lost...
Quote:Fans are upset because the team lost two games they should have won. The low point is the first half of 2013 when the team had no chance of winning any games.

We appear to have a franchise QB too.

I know we have talent, I have not disputed that. This staff can't do anything with it, and then they are going to blame us for their woes?
We are still rebuilding.  It takes about 5 years to build a dynasty.  2 more years to go of Gus and this regime.  Patience please.

Quote:I know we have talent, I have not disputed that. This staff can't do anything with it, and then they are going to blame us for their woes?

They have talent. They didn't in 2012-2013. So how can this be the all time low?
Quote:Has this franchise finally gone off the deep end? Looking back before Bradley arrived, I'm assuming most people would agree with me that the Gene Smiff/Mularkey era was horrible.

US fans still stuck together, and we were welcoming with open arms to this new regime. Fast forward to present day, we have a number of issues. Some the same, and more than before.

Currently we stand at an 8-29 record with no hope in sight, we continue to lose, and the coaching has gotten worse. Mistakes on the HC and staff. Which to be nice, happens sometimes, but never to this magnitude.

The worst part is, the fans (us), are not happy because we continue to lose, and now the Jaguars organization has turned on its fans. We've been called ignorant, kindergarteners, and today dumb.

I'm completely shocked, and they are squirming in their hot seats as to how they can save face for this disaster. How is it the fans fault? Why would they blame us for 8-29 and numerous failures over the last 2.5 years?

This is unbelievable, and this is the first time since the inception of this once great franchise I'm disgusted by this team off the field. They need to clean it up and take responsibility for themselves.

I do not think this franchise is at an all time low, and the text in bold is why.

I think there is a basis for hope, even though the results thus far have been undeniably disappointing.

We have a good young QB right now who is developing quite nicely.  Right now, there are several teams that would GLADLY trade QBs with us today if they could.  Houston, Washington, Chicago, Buffalo, the Jets, Cleveland, Kansas City, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas, just to name a few.  In another year, you could add Denver and New Orleans to that list, if not more.

We have a credible passing attack now, even with the ineffective running, even with the inconsistent OL.  We found the most important piece of the puzzle.  Filling in the rest should be, comparatively speaking, a piece of cake.
Quote:Has this franchise finally gone off the deep end? Looking back before Bradley arrived, I'm assuming most people would agree with me that the Gene Smiff/Mularkey era was horrible.

Believe it or not it's going to get worse yet. Why? Because Gus is already starting to unravel and change his ways. He's trying to be something he's not and it will not end well. He will lose the locker and the fans then finally the media that protects him so much will turn on him. In all within that we will experience more insufferable losses. I don't want this to happen because it's frustrating. But if it does hopefully it's like Andy from shawshank redemption crawling through a mile long tunnel of crap to only get washed clean and head to the beach in the end.
I don't know that it's an "All time low". I do think what's concerning is the fact that even after the Gene Smith debacle, there are still this many fans who are in "let's wait and see" mode.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6