Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell= Gene Smith 2.0?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
He has had much higher picks than Gene and His players just aren't performing anywhere near their draft value.  He also had done questionable things like pass on Amari Cooper when the team is lackin so much on the offensive side.

He may not as reach as much as Gene but his track record is even worse.  Wow this roster looks like garbage from top to bottom after 3 years and tons of cap space.  Khan maybe have to tear this whole thing down again and rebuild.  Caldwell and Bradley are not leading this team in the right direction.

This team has averaged less than 17 points a game the last 3 years.  Pathetic.

Gus should go before Caldy..
Meh, Gene Smith chose Alualu over Dez Bryant and Bryan Anger over Russell Wilson..
Caldwell has been much better than Gene. What's pathetic is the lack of progression from the players.

I can't believe people were hailing Allen Robinson as some sort of fantasy steal. I always thought Hurns was better, but not by much.

Quote:Meh, Gene Smith chose Alualu over Dez Bryant and Bryan Anger over Russell Wilson..
Good character folks who have done ABSOLUTELY nothing...
I see the talent that Caldwell has brought in..... the coaching staff is failing to develop it.
Give half of our roster to the Patriots and watch what Belichick does with it. He'd make these young guys studs in a year. The problem is they aren't developing because of the coaching. They're soft as hell and are coached to be very happy and nice! 

I bleed as much teal as the most passionate Jaguar fans out there, but after today's unacceptable performance against an average Panther team I'm truly concerned. Last years draft was loaded at the top end, and so far (I know it's early) the selection of Bortles, Lee, and Robinson don't look good, that can obviously change. But the ROI hasn't been good

I wouldn't doubt it. I think the Gene Smith era has a higher winning percentage.

Quote:I bleed as much teal is the most passoinate Jaguar fans out there, but after today's unacceptable performance against an average Panther team I'm truly concerned. Last years draft was loaded at the top end, and so far (I know it's early) the selection of Bortles, Lee, and Robinson don't look good, that can obviously change. But the ROI hasn't been good

Joeckel, Cyp, and Gratz are all painfully average to below-average.

Caldwell is just...not that good.
Quote:I see the talent that Caldwell has brought in..... the coaching staff is failing to develop it.^^
^^ This
Worse, Caldwells arrogance lead him to believe he was going to blow up a roster and rebuild it from the ground up in 3 years. The secondary is just as bad as ever, we have yet to figure out the LT position (a position we were not weak at when he was hired). I'm seeing red right now so whatever, outside of Bortles Caldwells team is worse at every position then Gene's. 
Meanwhile Mariota is looking like the second coming of Steve Young in Tennessee.

I honestly can't blame Caldwell. The dude is bringing in the talent. Like someone above said, we aren't seeing progestin or development. I expected Bortles will have another tough season. I saw improvement today, but that pick 6 shows me he needs to work a heck of a lot more in the film room
This is a do or die year for Gus. I think Caldwell's done a nice job of turning over the roster and Gus has done nothing to coach them up. I've tried to think of a player-friendly, upbeat, positive coach in NFL history who's done well and I can't think of one outside of Pete Carroll and even he's on his 3rd stop before he's had success.

We need a butt kicking, offensive-minded coach to lead this team.
Quote:Joeckel, Cyp, and Gratz are all painfully average to below-average.

Caldwell is just...not that good.
Poor draft because of an awful talent pool.  Ignore 2013
Quote:Good character folks who have done ABSOLUTELY nothing...

Exactly. I got flamed like crazy for saying that drafting Alualu over Bryant was idiotic because Bryant had "character issues" and wasn't a "gene guy"
Quote:Poor draft because of an awful talent pool.  Ignore 2013

Nah, done making excuses.
Here is the million dollar question.

After 3 years, how much better is this roster?  Not much at all

Quote:Here is the million dollar question.

After 3 years, how much better is this roster?  Not much at all

Still not good enough to win more than 4 games a season. So, not at all, if not worse.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9