Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So, this guy walks into a church, in Charleston
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Shoots and kills 9 people during prayer service. 

Just when I thought we have reached the bottom as a human society, we outdo ourselves ( We...meaning our fellow human beings ).

Really? In a church? Bad as it is, its also a hate crime...white guy walks in opens up in a black church. He sat with the churchgoers for a while, then opened up. Reloaded 5 times. 

Thats all I got, there are no words left...except they've identified the piece of [ BAD WORD REMOVED]

I don't even know how to respond to this news. It's been all over the airwaves this morning and I just can't stomach it. Apparently he was in there for an hour participating in the church service before he opened fire.

Why is our culture so [really really really REALLY bad word removed] violent?!?!?!

Quote:I don't even know how to respond to this news. It's been all over the airwaves this morning and I just can't stomach it. Apparently he was in there for an hour participating in the church service before he opened fire.

Why is our culture so [really really really REALLY bad word removed] violent?!?!?!
He got the gun from his father as a birthday gift recently ( allegedly) . Uh huh...the gift that keeps on giving. 

Why so violent you ask? So many reasons I suppose. Starting from childhood where now there is little consequence for bad behavior.  The only place anyone cannot get a weapon is in vending machines. Yet . But we talk about how subhuman the ISIS group is, and although somewhat isolated, our own backyard reeks of craziness.
Quote:He got the gun from his father as a birthday gift recently ( allegedly) . Uh huh...the gift that keeps on giving. 

Why so violent you ask? So many reasons I suppose. Starting from childhood where now there is little consequence for bad behavior.  The only place anyone cannot get a weapon is in vending machines. Yet . But we talk about how subhuman the ISIS group is, and although somewhat isolated, our own backyard reeks of craziness.

Or maybe the consequences for bad behavior were too strong and he felt that violence was the proper response for unwanted behavior.

I'm just so sickened by all of these things lately.
Quote:He got the gun from his father as a birthday gift recently ( allegedly) . Uh huh...the gift that keeps on giving. 

I agree. While all the media seems fixated on ISIS, I'm a lot more worried about our homegrown crazies. The US probably doesn't have more mentally ill people than other countries, proportionally, but we are a large country. So many nuts with so many guns. There seems to be this type of story in the news every day.

And we just say, oh well, and move on.

There are crazy people everywhere...you simply cannot protect yourself and your family 100% of the time with 100% confidence. Sad, but true. Each day we walk this earth is truly a blessing and should be treated as such. So have a blessed day everybody and RIP to those who havent made it through the day.
Quote:Why is our culture so [really really really REALLY bad word removed] violent?!?!?!
If we knew the answer to that question, our culture wouldn't be so [really really really REALLY bad word removed] violent.
Very sad news can only take comfort knowing the victims are in a better place.
It's horrible news. Superfan said it best.
Roof’s parents, with whom he said the suspect was “on and off,” had previously bought him a gun but never allowed him to take it with him until this past week.

Hindsight I know, but the parents had no idea their son may be a little "off" ? Hey Jr. Happy Birthday..here's a gun. Maybe its time for others than the perpetrators to be held accountable.

Saying, why, whats wrong with society, this has to stop,etc clearly does nothing. Solutions? I'm lost, except for holding people accountable for actions...good and bad. Stop with PC and sitting down with little Johnny and have a talk. But for some reason, unless I just pay more attention nowadays, but things are not " like they used to be". There has to be some underlying reason somewhere

Quote:Roof’s parents, with whom he said the suspect was “on and off,” had previously bought him a gun but never allowed him to take it with him until this past week.

Hindsight I know, but the parents had no idea their son may be a little "off" ? Hey Jr. Happy Birthday..here's a gun. Maybe its time for others than the perpetrators to be held accountable.

Saying, why, whats wrong with society, this has to stop,etc clearly does nothing. Solutions? I'm lost, except for holding people accountable for actions...good and bad. Stop with PC and sitting down with little Johnny and have a talk. But for some reason, unless I just pay more attention nowadays, but things are not " like they used to be". There has to be some underlying reason somewhere

Just take a look at today's culture.
Terrible to hear this news.  Honestly, I think news outlets need to stop releasing the names of these killers.  Just refer to them as "Unidentified Male" or whatever. Let them remain in obscurity.  Focus on the victims.

This is why I'm glad several folks in my church conceal carry at church services. Including my husband. 

This is bad business. I find it sad that society will just keep circling the drain. There are no answers as to how to fix this because there are too many variables that brought us to this point where something like this happens. 

How can you blame society for a crazy, racist, 21 year old kid?  

There is a culture within the society that does seem to be in love with guns, but that isn't even the culture that pushed this kid to go kill.  He's a racist, he's young and stupid, and obviously highly impressionable.

At the end of the day, I don't know know of any metaphysical philosophy that is taught on Sundays that says that the right to bear arms has been granted to us by the creator.  It's time to revisit the 2nd Amendment.  

It shouldn't be easier to get and shoot a gun that to get and drive a car.  That's just my thoughts on it.
I refuse to make this tragedy a political point about guns, this is simply a case of a racist sick individual bent on killing people. With or without a gun this guy was going to kill you can't stop evil.
He was not legally supposed to have obtained a gun, as he had a pending felony charge.

Buuuuuuut......

Quote:<div>South Carolina is one of 40 states that do not require background checks for private gun transactions, like the one that allegedly took place between Roof and his father. Gun control activists call this the “private sale” loophole.

It’s illegal to give guns to felons or people with felony indictments — but that’s only if you know about their criminal records. In South Carolina, you don’t have to ask, so private citizens can more or less freely exchange guns.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govb...get-a-gun/

</div>
Quote:How can you blame society for a crazy, racist, 21 year old kid?  

There is a culture within the society that does seem to be in love with guns, but that isn't even the culture that pushed this kid to go kill.  He's a racist, he's young and stupid, and obviously highly impressionable.

At the end of the day, I don't know know of any metaphysical philosophy that is taught on Sundays that says that the right to bear arms has been granted to us by the creator.  It's time to revisit the 2nd Amendment.  

It shouldn't be easier to get and shoot a gun that to get and drive a car.  That's just my thoughts on it.

No, it's not time to revisit the second amendment. There are millions of people who have no trouble exercising their rights without ever doing what these people do. Punishing the law-abiding because of law breakers makes no more sense here than it does in any other case of civil rights.
If we want to somewhat try to gain control over incidents like this, we have to start watching these virulent racists more closely.   There seems to be a large segment of them that are prone to flipping out and shooting people.   Some of these young extreme racists are insane, literally. 

The shooter in this incident had taken to displaying Confederate, pre-integration Rhodesian, and  and pre-integration South African flags.   I know we have a first amendment that allows this kind of speech, but at some point, you have to at least keep track of these people in some way. 

Quote:No, it's not time to revisit the second amendment. There are millions of people who have no trouble exercising their rights without ever doing what these people do. Punishing the law-abiding because of law breakers makes no more sense here than it does in any other case of civil rights.

I have several friends that are gun owners and are very well informed, trained, whatever, in the safe handling of fire arms. There is a lot of hunting that happens in northern New Mexico. So I'm not trying to make this too much of a political point.

Like I said, this kid, cuz I'm my mind 21 is still a kid, was a dumb racist that bought into a sub culture in America that is alive and well. I just think that regulating the access of a tool that is designed specifically for killing needs to be looked at.

It's just common sense, in my opinion.
Quote:There are crazy people everywhere...you simply cannot protect yourself and your family 100% of the time with 100% confidence. Sad, but true. Each day we walk this earth is truly a blessing and should be treated as such. So have a blessed day everybody and RIP to those who havent made it through the day.

And awful things happen in every country civilized or not. You have 8 billion people on a planet things like this will happen. Sucks, but sometimes we try to find solutions to things that can't be fixed. Maybe we can help make these things less frequent but bad things will happen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13