Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-02-2020, 02:38 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Italy Flu Study:  https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar...1219303285

Promising vaccine?: https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/po...SQYUM55WU/

But we TOTALLY need to compare all thing Corona to Italy for our baseline. Nevermind that everything else kills Italians at a higher rate than the rest of Europe, we must present the worst case scenario! MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS WILL DIE!!!!! AAAAARRRRGGGHHGHHGGHGHHH! Film at 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, and Midnight plus updates with running "Death Count" tickers all night long, we'll be back right after these messages from our sponsors.

(04-02-2020, 10:31 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 11:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Small businesses could've stayed afloat just fine except for the media driven panic.

(04-02-2020, 10:02 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
Who is blaming the media for the shutdown?
I'm going to assume most read on their phones because I can't imagine comprehension really being this bad.

I'll make it easier for the back row...

Media: Not accurately reporting and fear-mongering

Government: Why shut down over a few hotspots? A very small segment in those hotspots is at severe risk. More squash the majority for the minority thinking that always goes so well.

https://twitter.com/carolmswain/status/1...7525864450

FSG pontificated that the media is responsible for the shutdown and small businesses going out of business - that's where the conversation stemmed from.

Yes, we've now shuttered our society for a disease that is killing 17 per 1 million in the population. Meanwhile it's being portrayed as the New Black Death.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-02-2020, 10:02 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 09:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Why do you guys keep blaming the media for the economic shutdown?  It's the government doing that, not the media.  The government, all of them, both sides of the political spectrum, starting from the President, to the governors, to the mayors, all the way down the chain.  Not the media.

Who is blaming the media for the shutdown? I'm going to assume most read on their phones because I can't imagine comprehension really being this bad.

Government: Why shut down over a few hotspots? A very small segment in those hotspots is at severe risk. More squash the majority for the minority thinking that always goes so well.

What a bizarre comment.

Let's pretend we have a magnitude 10 Earthquake on the West Coast that makes the entire West Coast slip in to the Pacific Ocean killing millions.  Would this comment make sense:

Next year the CDC will report a massive drop in the no. of Americans dying of heart disease, cancer, diabetes,  respiratory diseases, etc. Many of these deaths including natural causes will now be counted as earthquake. #CDC #earthquake

(04-02-2020, 04:08 PM)captivating Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 10:02 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Who is blaming the media for the shutdown? I'm going to assume most read on their phones because I can't imagine comprehension really being this bad.

What a bizarre comment.

Let's pretend we have a magnitude 10 Earthquake on the West Coast that makes the entire West Coast slip in to the Pacific Ocean killing millions.  Would this comment make sense:

Next year the CDC will report a massive drop in the no. of Americans dying of heart disease, cancer, diabetes,  respiratory diseases, etc. Many of these deaths including natural causes will now be counted as earthquake. #CDC #earthquake

That's why twitter is pretty much "fake news".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

This covid19 is a hoax bros. Just trying to make President Trump crumble and have a heart attack after a failed impeachment.

(04-02-2020, 10:02 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Who is blaming the media for the shutdown? I'm going to assume most read on their phones because I can't imagine comprehension really being this bad.

What a bizarre comment.

I'm not surprised you failed to see the distinction.  Deaths with coronavirus vs deaths from coronavirus.  She's suggesting that someone who tests positive of coronavirus and has no symptoms and then dies of a heart attack could be classified as a coronavirus death.  Even if no causal link is determined, they could still be thrown in with deaths from coronavirus despite their death being from a preexisting condition.  And her tweet preceding the one posted makes it clear this is what she was referring to.  Nice try though.

https://twitter.com/carolmswain/status/1...3216332807

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020, 06:09 PM by B2hibry.)

What a bizarre comment.

Pretty bizarre reply. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised by the number of folks with simple deductive reasoning skills.

In any case, the media was all over this New Orleans woman and her dying while waiting for her COVID test results. Turns out both came back negative. But like most of the data the states are putting out, they'll just throw it under coronavirus related.
https://www.sunherald.com/news/coronavir...01491.html

(04-02-2020, 05:55 PM)jagfan0728 Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 04:08 PM)captivating Wrote: What a bizarre comment.

I'm not surprised you failed to see the distinction.  Deaths with coronavirus vs deaths from coronavirus.  She's suggesting that someone who tests positive of coronavirus and has no symptoms and then dies of a heart attack could be classified as a coronavirus death.  Even if no causal link is determined, they could still be thrown in with deaths from coronavirus despite their death being from a preexisting condition.  And her tweet preceding the one posted makes it clear this is what she was referring to.  Nice try though.

https://twitter.com/carolmswain/status/1...3216332807
^^^^^^^
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Anyone see the scrodum kick letter POTUS sent Schumer? Classic.

17 of my immediate family members has tested positive which 3 of them are dead and another 6 are critical. 

This is an airborne pathogen that is absolutely destroying compact urban areas. Jacksonville and other cities or municipalities are fortunate to have a spread out population where C-19 cannot spread so quickly.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Damn Jfc sorry for your loss praying for your family tonight
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(04-02-2020, 07:30 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: 17 of my immediate family members has tested positive which 3 of them are dead and another 6 are critical. 

This is an airborne pathogen that is absolutely destroying compact urban areas. Jacksonville and other cities or municipalities are fortunate to have a spread out population where C-19 cannot spread so quickly.

Prayers sent

(04-02-2020, 07:30 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: 17 of my immediate family members has tested positive which 3 of them are dead and another 6 are critical. 

My condolences to you and your family, JFC. That's truly tragic. 

I seem to recall you are from New York. Is this where your stricken family members are?

Thoughts and prayers JFC. So sorry to hear that.

Very sorry to hear this, Jamies_fried_chicken.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2020, 07:50 AM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

(04-02-2020, 08:26 PM)I homebiscuit Wrote:

My condolences to you and your family, JFC. That's truly tragic. 

I seem to recall you are from New York. Is this where your stricken family members are?

(04-03-2020, 07:42 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 08:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My condolences to you and your family, JFC. That's truly tragic. 

Thank you for the support.

Yes, I’m from Brooklyn and the majority of my mother’s side is in Queens where the infections and deaths are. My father is Brooklyn and right now it’s right below the pandemic threshold.

PSA: I know this board has mostly Jags fans living in Jax and nearby surrounding areas, but for those who live in elsewhere and are in more dense populations please visit your primary physician first before going to the hospital. What I’m hearing going on is people who have minor symptoms are going to the ER which is making their symptoms unnecessarily worse causing a needless stay, and contributing to the overcrowding. 

Thank you to everyone else for your support it’s greatly appreciated.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Sorry for the botched response I’m on my cell and can’t think straight. 

Thanks everyone for your support.

(04-03-2020, 07:51 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Sorry for the botched response I’m on my cell and can’t think straight. 

Thanks everyone for your support.

Tell people to call ahead before they go to any doctor or hospital. They will usually divert you to an appropriate care setting to keep COVID away from non CIVID cases.

My condolences and best wishes to you and your people JFC, stay safe so we can get back to arguing soon!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-31-2020, 12:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 08:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: march 26 numbers:

US total cases: 69,197
UD deaths: 1,046

FL cases: 1,977
FL deaths: 23  

GA cases: 1387
deaths:  47
 (march 31st)
Just wanted to see how these numbers compared after 5 days:

US total cases:  165,874
US deaths:  3,178

FL cases: 6338
FL deaths:  77

GA cases: 3817
GA deaths:  108

Update:

US cases: 245,573
US deaths: 6.058

FL cases: 8694
FL deaths: 144  (19 deaths in the "first coast" counties)

GA cases: 5444
GA deaths: 176

(04-03-2020, 08:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 12:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:  (march 31st)
Just wanted to see how these numbers compared after 5 days:

US total cases:  165,874
US deaths:  3,178

FL cases: 6338
FL deaths:  77

GA cases: 3817
GA deaths:  108

Update:

US cases: 245,573
US deaths: 6.058

FL cases: 8694
FL deaths: 144  (19 deaths in the "first coast" counties)

GA cases: 5444
GA deaths: 176

According to the Fl Dept of health, we were at 9008 cases as of 630 am when I checked.  

But the us numbers match what I’m seeing

I’ve got a question about the whole “mask” or “no mask” debate. Obviously, it’s better than nothing. But all the Dr’s that I see interviewed say it’ll help prevent someone from spreading it, but not getting it. Why wouldn’t it go both ways? I’m sure there is probably a good reason or answer. I’m just wondering what that reason is