Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles benched at practice for Henne after 2 pick 6's?

(08-14-2017, 09:29 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't know how to read into all of that. We know he's struggled. We really didn't see much out of him against New England. Greene did drop a routine pitch and catch on a drag route though. He at least checked down when nothing was open as well downfield.

No one finds it ironic that Greene had this horrible drop and both of Blake's picks yesterday came on passes intended for Greene?

Is it not feasible that Greene is the issue?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Overreaction central up in here.

I'm not screaming for Bortles to be benched if Henne is going to be next up.

(08-14-2017, 10:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Overreaction central up in here.

How many more interceptions before its not acceptable anymore?

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2017, 10:35 AM by Caldrac.)

(08-14-2017, 10:22 AM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 09:29 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't know how to read into all of that. We know he's struggled. We really didn't see much out of him against New England. Greene did drop a routine pitch and catch on a drag route though. He at least checked down when nothing was open as well downfield.

No one finds it ironic that Greene had this horrible drop and both of Blake's picks yesterday came on passes intended for Greene?

And that very well could be the case. It's hard to tell. That's why it's difficult to read into it. I am not worried about it just yet. We'll know in due time. As long as he's not making mistakes on game days I could care less what he does in practice. Maybe he's one of those "Bad Worker but great Test Taker" type of guys this season. I would much rather it be that case. Maybe our defense is a legit pain in the [BLEEP] now and he's going to get better day by day practicing against them.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-14-2017, 10:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 10:22 AM)mvannostran Wrote: No one finds it ironic that Greene had this horrible drop and both of Blake's picks yesterday came on passes intended for Greene?

And that very well could be the case. It's hard to tell. That's why it's difficult to read into it. I am not worried about it just yet. We'll know in due time. As long as he's not making mistakes on game days I could care less what he does in practice. Maybe he's one of those "Bad Worker but great Test Taker" type of guys this season. I would much rather it be that case. Maybe our defense is a legit pain in the [BLEEP] now and he's going to get better day by day practicing against them.

Agreed. And FWIW, he's always been a bad practice QB and better in games. I'll worry if it starts happening too frequently in real games.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-14-2017, 10:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 10:22 AM)mvannostran Wrote: No one finds it ironic that Greene had this horrible drop and both of Blake's picks yesterday came on passes intended for Greene?

(08-14-2017, 10:36 AM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 10:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote: And that very well could be the case. It's hard to tell. That's why it's difficult to read into it. I am not worried about it just yet. We'll know in due time. As long as he's not making mistakes on game days I could care less what he does in practice. Maybe he's one of those "Bad Worker but great Test Taker" type of guys this season. I would much rather it be that case. Maybe our defense is a legit pain in the [BLEEP] now and he's going to get better day by day practicing against them.

Agreed. And FWIW, he's always been a bad practice QB and better in games. I'll worry if it starts happening too frequently in real games.

This is a new low. Now were going to blame the WR for two pick sixes from a qb that has a reputation for throwing picks but especially pick sixes. He's done it in practice and he's done it in games. Some of you are blind and suffering from denial maybe even stockholm syndrome

(08-14-2017, 10:47 AM)fufatboy Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 10:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote: And that very well could be the case. It's hard to tell. That's why it's difficult to read into it. I am not worried about it just yet. We'll know in due time. As long as he's not making mistakes on game days I could care less what he does in practice. Maybe he's one of those "Bad Worker but great Test Taker" type of guys this season. I would much rather it be that case. Maybe our defense is a legit pain in the [BLEEP] now and he's going to get better day by day practicing against them.

(08-14-2017, 10:36 AM)mvannostran Wrote: Agreed. And FWIW, he's always been a bad practice QB and better in games. I'll worry if it starts happening too frequently in real games.

This is a new low. Now were going to blame the WR for two pick sixes from a qb that has a reputation for throwing picks but especially pick sixes. He's done it in practice and he's done it in games. Some of you are blind and suffering from denial maybe even stockholm syndrome

A new low? For pointing out that they happened when targeting a WR who Blake had issues with earlier? 

I never said Greene is the cause, but I do think it's worth noting they were both with the same WR. Could be coincidence, could be more. 

A new low is people wanting Henne to start. We've been down that road.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-14-2017, 10:51 AM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 10:47 AM)fufatboy Wrote: This is a new low. Now were going to blame the WR for two pick sixes from a qb that has a reputation for throwing picks but especially pick sixes. He's done it in practice and he's done it in games. Some of you are blind and suffering from denial maybe even stockholm syndrome

A new low? For pointing out that they happened when targeting a WR who Blake had issues with earlier? 

I never said Greene is the cause, but I do think it's worth noting they were both with the same WR. Could be coincidence, could be more. 

I think its disgusting to blatantly blame others for a QB that doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore. He's trash and wanting a veteran QB to take over and minimize the mistakes is not a new low. Sometimes you just have to cut the loss and move on. Quite a few of you are having a very hard time admitting Bortles is trash.

(08-14-2017, 10:57 AM)fufatboy Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 10:51 AM)mvannostran Wrote: A new low? For pointing out that they happened when targeting a WR who Blake had issues with earlier? 

I think its disgusting to blatantly blame others for a QB that doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore. He's trash and wanting a veteran QB to take over and minimize the mistakes is not a new low. Sometimes you just have to cut the loss and move on. Quite a few of you are having a very hard time admitting Bortles is trash.

First off, you have 16 posts and are telling me that I've reached a new line on the message board. 

Second, I never said Blake wasn't at fault, I said it's worth noting they we're all between him and the same receiver.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Having trouble admitting Bortles is trash, yet wanting Henne to start? Talk about having your head firmly implanted in your posterior...

Good Lord, Henne's been sucking for TEN years.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2017, 11:15 AM by NameRemoved.)

Hmm first bortles pass this morning picked:

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/8...4578798592

Appears FU is an alternate account for someone that's probably banned.
Huh

(08-14-2017, 11:28 AM)Monty Wrote: Appears FU is an alternate account for someone that's probably banned.

Yup
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-14-2017, 10:57 AM)fufatboy Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 10:51 AM)mvannostran Wrote: A new low? For pointing out that they happened when targeting a WR who Blake had issues with earlier? 

You've got to be a millennial based on how offended you are by something as benign as this.  

Take a breath and lighten up, Francis.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-14-2017, 11:13 AM)fufatboy Wrote: Hmm first bortles pass this morning picked:

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/8...4578798592

Tipped pass... ish happens

(08-14-2017, 10:34 AM)fufatboy Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 10:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Overreaction central up in here.

How many more interceptions before its not acceptable anymore?

Ask me at 4pm on September 10th when we aren't overanalyzing practice stats.

(08-14-2017, 11:28 AM)Monty Wrote: Appears FU is an alternate account for someone that's probably banned.

We're on it.

(08-13-2017, 10:05 PM)fufatboy Wrote: Blake Bortles is 48th all time with 11 pick sixes in just over 2 years. Chad Henne has 7 over 8 years. Ill take my chances with Henne or even Allen for that matter. They really can't do worse. Blake is the Gus Bradley of QBs.

This is a bit disingenuous.  Yes, Henne has 7 in over 8 years while Bortles has more in almost 3 years.  But Henne has only started 53 games in that time--just 7 more games than Bortles.  He also has a total of only 248 more attempts than Bortles.  Now, that's still a good deal more pick 6's.  But let's not act like Henne's had 4x the play Bortles has.

Also Bortles only threw 3 pick sixes last year.  His first year was by far the worst, with 4 in just 14 games.  

And Bortles has never had a consistent rushing threat, meaning it was on him to get this team moving.  

If Bortles doesn't get at least 7+ wins this year, then it's definitely time to move on.  But Chad Henne is not that answer.  He's an aging QB who's never started a full season, and was benched for Bortles in his rookie year.  The backup QB is always the most popular guy in town when you're losing.  At least until he starts losing too.

(08-13-2017, 02:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Bortles is not entitled to the treatment other starting QBs get. He has too much to prove. The preseason should be treated as if it were the regular season for BB5 when it comes to play time and reps.

Agree !!

(08-14-2017, 07:32 AM)mvannostran Wrote: I wonder how people would act if Jameis was our QB. He's on track to have almost the exact same TD to INT numbers as Blake. But everyone thinks Jameis will be the next big thing. His decision making isn't any better than Blake's has been.

This has been discussed ad nauseum.  The insecurities in Jagland are evident, no doubt, but:

1) Jameis doesn't play here, the continued deflection to others besides the subject on hand is so simplistic (Oh what about Greene, he didn't catch. What about Myles Jack, he was subpar too. What about Peyton Manning (I laughed), Poz picked him off as well. Ya, Blake is so comparable to the multiple champion...

2) Again, this is foreign concept here. But Jameis Winston led his team to a 9-7 record in his 2nd year, ahead of division mates Drew almighty Brees and Cam superman Newton.  They barely missed the playoffs, following a 6-10 rookie campaign. That's 15 wins in 2 years. Blake Bortles team is 3-13, 5-11, 3-13 in his 3 year tenure. Do the math. 

Perhaps the league and people in general go by progress and wins?  Or maybe we can laud those gaudy stats in 2015 yet again.