Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles benched at practice for Henne after 2 pick 6's?

(08-15-2017, 01:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: For those posting versions of language not permitted here:  

We still have profanity filters in place for a reason. Posting tweets/quotes from coaches and players that skirt the filters however relevant is still against our COC.
Proceed with caution. You all are clever enough to insert an inert word in place of the profanity in your posts moving forward.

I didn't make the rules, but I've been asked to help keep things flowing along, so please make the effort to avoid warnings on your accounts.

Serious question how strong is your flow right now? Do you have a good rhyme game? How's your metaphor repository?
Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Some people are starting to see through Blakes Teal Curtain... We do not have a franchise QB in Jacksonville, and the GM and owner are going to try shove another bad team down our throats again this season. Get ready Jacksonville! After this team gets to 1-3, how are you going to feel about your BB5INT??? Will you still defend him at post game pressers.... Will you overlook his lack of leadership for another year... Will you cheer for the TD he throws, even when it crosses the wrong goal line.... ? Think About it.
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(08-15-2017, 01:59 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 07:44 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Our fanbase? Our whole franchise isn't respected because we hold on to mediocrity. It's like the Gabbert crowd always saying and saying he needed more time. You either have it or you don't and you can tell who does. And if you really aren't sure then make some kind of push for an insurance plan.

Chargers fans thought Brees didn't have 'it'.... How well did that turn out? Gabbert NEVER showed any promise of being good. Bortles gave us a season where he was 1 TD pass away from being the league leader in touchdown passes.

He does have to cut down on the turnovers if he wants to stick, but calling for him to being cut/traded because of practice makes our fanbase look highly unintelligent.
Oh lord.... not this garbage again.

Bortles is not Brees or Eli or Peyton. Brees 3rd year as a starter, he threw for 27 TDs and 7 int. 

What's "highly unintelligent" is not being able to see the problems that Blake has which leads him to being a bad QB. He makes bad decisions on a consistent basis, he's very inaccurate and his mechanics are downright awful. This is not year 2 for him. It's year 4. All the problems he continues to make should be long gone by this point but he is still making rookie mistakes.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2017, 02:44 PM by keeper88.)

(08-15-2017, 01:36 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: For the first time fellas I think Blake is done as a starting QB for the franchise not because he don't have talent but I think the negativity surrounding him and so bad that is it's toxic and to the point of no return. I will be very surprised if he don't get booed Thursday night because I just think the hateful Blake is real and ain't no coming back from it.

It's just the opposite. He does NOT have the requisite talent, physically(throwing) or mentally.  Most like the guy, and it's painful to watch him fail. It's Caldwell and the front office's fault.

(08-14-2017, 12:06 PM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 11:58 AM)BritJag Wrote: He expressed himself passionately and yielded an engaging thread with a high volume of participants. Send him to the gallows

There's nothing wrong with having passion and starting a discussion, but there's only so often you can repeat yourself over and over, right?  We get it, you dislike Bortles and you think Henne is better.  You stating that opinion 7 times on one page in a chat thread is a bit of overkill.

I on the other hand am not sure that what is behind Bortles is any better than Bortles.  In fact, if they had as much exposure as Bortles does their flaws would be just as noticeable if not more.  We've all seen games where a defense loads the box because we can't pass the ball.  My guess with Henne is we wouldn't be able to throw it downfield.  It would be all short checks like the past.  At least with Bortles we know he has the arm to get it down the field, our only worry is his decision making.

My guess this is his last year with us.  I think it will be a sad final year giving all the promise he showed early on.  He provided quite a bit of excitement early on.
He has the arm to get it downfield, consistently accurate?  Really???

(08-15-2017, 02:22 PM)Ksimms Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 01:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: For those posting versions of language not permitted here:  

We still have profanity filters in place for a reason. Posting tweets/quotes from coaches and players that skirt the filters however relevant is still against our COC.
Proceed with caution. You all are clever enough to insert an inert word in place of the profanity in your posts moving forward.

I didn't make the rules, but I've been asked to help keep things flowing along, so please make the effort to avoid warnings on your accounts.

Serious question how strong is your flow right now? Do you have a good rhyme game? How's your metaphor repository?

Haha.

I'm afraid I don't spit mad heat.  I have made some beats that found their way onto a record or two though.

Video  (This post was last modified: 08-15-2017, 02:50 PM by unf_nashvillian.)

(08-15-2017, 02:22 PM)Ksimms Wrote:

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Ahahahahaha! Love it!!
Go Jags!

(08-15-2017, 12:42 PM)knarnn Wrote: Mike Kaye (@mike_e_kaye) · Twitter

"It's not even close." - Bortles on his throwing reps compared to previous 3 yrs. He said he's probably thrown more this yr then 3 combined.

They should probably use the evidence regarding how much he's thrown so far in order to determine a good pitch count for him. The idea behind such a pitch count makes plenty of sense.

'02

(08-15-2017, 01:23 PM)jags_r_bake Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 01:01 PM)BklynJag Wrote: @zach_goodall Bortles was seemingly benched other day. Excuse: "Tired arm". Bortles says arm is fine. Coach then says some throws are "[BLEEP].

Bad.

Yup, teammates getting tired of it. 

"But it's just practice"
I hope that is you in your avatar. Would make everything so great.

The "derp" doesn't jump right off the avatar making it obvious?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Would anyone do Hurns and Bortles for Alex Smith ?

(08-15-2017, 05:48 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Would anyone do Hurns and Bortles for Alex Smith ?

Only if I've taken complete leave of my senses.

(08-15-2017, 02:39 PM)Ok Frailbones Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 01:59 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote: Chargers fans thought Brees didn't have 'it'.... How well did that turn out? Gabbert NEVER showed any promise of being good. Bortles gave us a season where he was 1 TD pass away from being the league leader in touchdown passes.

He does have to cut down on the turnovers if he wants to stick, but calling for him to being cut/traded because of practice makes our fanbase look highly unintelligent.
Oh lord.... not this garbage again.

Bortles is not Brees or Eli or Peyton. Brees 3rd year as a starter, he threw for 27 TDs and 7 int. 

What's "highly unintelligent" is not being able to see the problems that Blake has which leads him to being a bad QB. He makes bad decisions on a consistent basis, he's very inaccurate and his mechanics are downright awful. This is not year 2 for him. It's year 4. All the problems he continues to make should be long gone by this point but he is still making rookie mistakes.

Funny how you skipped the part where I said he needs to cut down on his INTs. 

As for Brees, did you even SEE his first couple of years? His accuracy wasn't very good either. His decision making was also called into question at times. Sound familiar? His 4th pro year is also the only year he threw for less than 11 INTs. 

Even IF you think giving him a shot this year is a waste, who's gonna replace him that's BETTER? That opportunity likely won't come until the next offseason. We may as well see what he can do until then.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2017, 07:01 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-15-2017, 05:48 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Would anyone do Hurns and Bortles for Alex Smith ?

NO! I wanna let things play out and draft a QB. I don't wanna trade for some game manager and I certainly don't wanna sign some dud like RG3.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2017, 07:27 PM by RicoTx.)

(08-15-2017, 06:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

NO! I wanna let things play out and draft a QB. I don't wanna trade for some game manager and I certainly don't wanna sign some dud like RG3.

Finally.  Somebody with a lick of sense.

(08-15-2017, 12:52 PM)BklynJag Wrote: @1010LLauren HC Doug Marrone on Bortles - seems some good throws & some "[BLEEP] throws" #Jaguars https://t.co/YZWmTihuoH

It's just practice guys.......just practice.

As usual.  This was quoted completely out of context.  Go to the home page if you want to read what was actually said.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Hell no. Let this thing play out. If Bortles bombs then at least Coughlin is in good enough draft position to get his new play caller.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(08-14-2017, 10:57 AM)NameRemoved Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 10:51 AM)mvannostran Wrote: A new low? For pointing out that they happened when targeting a WR who Blake had issues with earlier? 

I never said Greene is the cause, but I do think it's worth noting they were both with the same WR. Could be coincidence, could be more. 

A new low is people wanting Henne to start. We've been down that road.

I think its disgusting to others for a QB that doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore. He's trash and wanting a veteran QB to take over and minimize the mistakes is not a new low. Sometimes you just have to cut the loss and move on. Quite a few of you are having a very hard time admitting Bortles is trash.
So when the ball is tipped is BB5 blatantly blamed for that   YES

I just posted a trade scenario I saw on twitter. Wanted everyone's take. No seems to be the victor lol.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 12:01 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

Hey Jags Fans, I bring great and exciting news.....Its still practice and pre-season we're arguing about. WHO'S READY FOR WEEK 1 ....WE ARE!!!
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Well we should panic you know but I think I'll at least wait until the 3rd preseason game before I head to the Eiffel Tower and jump, there's no Wells Fargo building here so that's my best option.

Bortles has the potential to be better than Alex Smith provided they can keep his arm healthy.
'02